Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - May Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi people,I'd like to join this group to stay motivated! :)

Leela30: comment more on this month's challenge; eat at least 80g of protein a day
    Believeinmagic: To lose 13 pounds; eat more vegetables and do more strength training
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 133lbs; to run my 10k course at least 1x, Run my 4m run at 9:30
    Allie7383:get out of the 150's finally, continue with the 30 Day Shred, work on increasing my running distance, and overall feeling good about myself!
    SpaceCoconaut: To lose 2-3 lbs a week and stick to my experiment.
    Shannonaufman: lose 4 pounds to hit 169. Drink 64+ ounces of water 25/30 days. Finish C25K. Start One Hour Runner. Stick with 30DS.
    ~KanCrav~ Reach 143, Jog at least 3 times outside,follow WO schedule, incorporate Low GI foods into my diet.
    rai8759: GW 160.4, One day off per week (tracking food), WI on Friday, JM should kick my *kitten* 5-6 days a week, Cardio 3-5 days a week x 20-30 min., Tracking every day except day off, Eat less processed sugar
    wardiemelissa (Melissa)-continue to maintain weight between 120-125 lbs; exercise routine 5 days running, 2 days strength, 1 day rest (long run 10+miles on Sundays), continue to test out new recipes (including new fruits and veggies), and making more time for my family, AND try to post at least ONCE a day!!!
    pixycats: lose 5 pounds, continue C210K at least 3/week, stay under calorie goal 6/week, rest one day/week
    finncmh- not focus on the scale loss! keep working on running plan that I came up with for the 5k in June. Start the push-up and squat 6 week challenge
    lostalykat- To get back to 169 by June 1st. Work on headache prevention and be mindful of what I am doing and eating. Focus on my new training plan and enjoy life. Stress less, yoga more!
    WannabRN10- get out of the 160's!!! Work out at least 3 days a week (piloxing class, hot yoga class, and weights class). Eat Dairy Queen only twice (it is my fav!). Stay in a positive mind set and not get over-stressed with school.
    alwhisler-Increase my run to 45 minutes non-stop, get down to that lower pant size instead of being in-between :)
    sarahmay25- Complete an ab circuit every day of the week except rest day, and decrease my finish time of a mile by the end of every week.
    mkingraham (Megan)- get down to 208, strength train at least 2 times a week, run 3 times a week
    eleanoreb (Eleanore or El) - improve 10k run time, stay in bottom part of weight range, face food head on and not give in to temptations (rather than just avoid)
    MamaMango: Lose 7 pounds,keep my portions under control, do HIIT 3 times a week,strength train moderate-heavy 5 times a week,do some form of low to moderate cardio every other day,eat more fresh greens and less starch and grains! :)
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    this sounds fantastic! i lost 30lbs in 2009 using the biggest loser online club (stopped when i reached my goal weight and didn't want to pay for it anymore haha) - i LOVE the accountability and am so happy to find so many more awesome people who are inspired to stay healthy and happy :) thanks for letting in some newbs! :)

May Goal List:

Leela30: comment more on this month's challenge; eat at least 80g of protein a day
    Believeinmagic: To lose 13 pounds; eat more vegetables and do more strength training
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 133lbs; to run my 10k course at least 1x, Run my 4m run at 9:30
    Allie7383:get out of the 150's finally, continue with the 30 Day Shred, work on increasing my running distance, and overall feeling good about myself!
    Shannonaufman: lose 4 pounds to hit 169. Drink 64+ ounces of water 25/30 days. Finish C25K. Start One Hour Runner. Stick with 30DS.
    ~KanCrav~ Reach 143, Jog at least 3 times outside,follow WO schedule, incorporate Low GI foods into my diet.
    rai8759: GW 160.4, One day off per week (tracking food), WI on Friday, JM should kick my *kitten* 5-6 days a week, Cardio 3-5 days a week x 20-30 min., Tracking every day except day off, Eat less processed sugar
    wardiemelissa (Melissa)-continue to maintain weight between 120-125 lbs; exercise routine 5 days running, 2 days strength, 1 day rest (long run 10+miles on Sundays), continue to test out new recipes (including new fruits and veggies), and making more time for my family, AND try to post at least ONCE a day!!!
    pixycats: lose 5 pounds, continue C210K at least 3/week, stay under calorie goal 6/week, rest one day/week
    finncmh- not focus on the scale loss! keep working on running plan that I came up with for the 5k in June. Start the push-up and squat 6 week challenge
    lostalykat- To get back to 169 by June 1st. Work on headache prevention and be mindful of what I am doing and eating. Focus on my new training plan and enjoy life. Stress less, yoga more!
    WannabRN10- get out of the 160's!!! Work out at least 3 days a week (piloxing class, hot yoga class, and weights class). Eat Dairy Queen only twice (it is my fav!). Stay in a positive mind set and not get over-stressed with school.
    alwhisler-Increase my run to 45 minutes non-stop, get down to that lower pant size instead of being in-between :)
    sarahmay25- Complete an ab circuit every day of the week except rest day, and decrease my finish time of a mile by the end of every week.
    mkingraham (Megan)- get down to 208, strength train at least 2 times a week, run 3 times a week
    eleanoreb (Eleanore or El) - improve 10k run time, stay in bottom part of weight range, face food head on and not give in to temptations (rather than just avoid)
    MamaMango: Lose 7 pounds,keep my portions under control, do HIIT 3 times a week,strength train moderate-heavy 5 times a week,do some form of low to moderate cardio every other day,eat more fresh greens and less starch and grains! :)
    jyopchick: get back to 130lbs, only allowed one day to go over cals (and within reason), and MORE WATER!!
  • crystalfaith
    crystalfaith Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My goals are pretty much the same as in April -- with the exception of actually breaking out of this plateau I've been at for a while now! ugh So this month I am wanting to continue to workout at least 4 times a week, drink tons of water, finish the C25k program, and break into the 140s! :)

May Goal List:

jyopchick: get back to 130lbs, only allowed one day to go over cals (and within reason), and MORE WATER!!
    crystalfaith: continue to workout at least 4 times a week, drink tons of water, finish the C25k program, and break into the 140s!
    [/quote]
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • LisaRid
    LisaRid Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey friends!! I am new to this group! Nice to meet everyone :) My goals for May are: lose 10 lbs, drink 8 glasses of water each day, exercise 4x per week, and curb my dessert eating. May is the month!!! :)
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Adding LisaRid...

May Goal List:

crystalfaith: continue to workout at least 4 times a week, drink tons of water, finish the C25k program, and break into the 140s
    LisaRid - lose 10 lbs, drink 8 glasses of water each day, exercise 4x per week, and curb my dessert eating. May is the month!!! :)
  • sarahmay25
    sarahmay25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awake early this morning and I got my abs circuit in for today :) Now to work on that mile after class!
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Good Morning Lovelies!! Happy Monday!! Happy May!!!

This month already seems to be off to a great start...everyone's enthusiasm and energy has been renewed by the start of a new month and everyone is in full gear to do some major *kitten* kickin!! The death of Osama bin Laden just adds to that enthusiasm. A HUGE thank you to any and all military people and their loved ones.

Gonks - great job on killing your weight goal!! I imagine that is a great feeling and look forward to feeling that myself one day.

Allie - with April completely behind you, I hope that May is a little easier on you!!

Shannon - good revelation!! I will ALWAYS take a loss as a win and not complain about it!!! Hope you are able to find a good balance while you are visiting with your parents and also out in the field. I would definitely pack some snacks and/or lunch and plan ahead as much as possible. My mother gets upset when I don't eat her cooking as well but I choose not to indulge in high calorie, high fat foods. I have told her that I would be more than happy to help with the cooking but she continues to make her foods. I refuse to let my hard work go to waste because she wants to continue to live an unhealthy life. Hopefully you have a great visit though!!

Kandace - somehow I wasn't on the April list either. It might have been during my downward spiral so I never came up with any goals for April. I :heart: your enthusiasm going into May!! Make sure that being nice to yourself is also on that list!! :love: And a HUGE congrats to meeting your April goals. I :heart: your May goals too!!

Rachel - I :heart: your May goals!!! One day at a time!! Hopefully you and I will both be able to finish the month strong (yes, I know we just got started)!! I know we both have been struggling to stay where we need to be mentally so lets make sure to keep each other on track and see the journey and not just the struggle!! You are on your way to a kick *kitten* baby bod!! And I :heart: the quotes!! I'm a sucker for quotes so it will definitely help me out. I will try to post one every now and then.

Melissa - I have had to explain visiting my dad at the cemetary a few times to my kids. Glad to hear that you are happy where you're at!! :drinker: I imagine it took a lot of hardwork but being there must feel amazing!!

Cait - great job on losing inches!! When I was on my game and doing what I needed to do on a regular basis, I noticed that the number on the scale really never fluctuated much. As I stopped working out and eating right, the number on the scale went up a little but my clothes no longer felt comfortable. I wish I would have taken the time to take my measurements again because I am sure I would have seen a difference. Lesson learned and I think I will make it a habit of taking my measurements at the beginning of each month.

Leela - congrats on meeting your goals for the day!! It is definitely a great accomplishment when we actually do it!! :bigsmile:

Megan - Woohoo!! Great job on kicking *kitten*!! I think you will definitely meet your goals for the month!! You are so good about your workouts!! Weren't you the one doing the clean eating also?? How is that going??

AFM...had a long, busy, crazy but fun weekend. Friday night my brother and I had a much needed heart-to-heart about the changes that are taking place in our lives right now. He has always been the one there for me through all of the stuff that we have gone through so I know that he is the one that I always need to turn to. Had a birthday party, date night, and helped move stuff out of my grandma's house. Went to look at a room for rent on Saturday morning but the room was tiny!! Going to check out another one tonight. I am hoping that something will just fall into place!! Not too stressed about it just yet. I am gonna take some time to think about my goals because I want to finally be able to start and finish a month without throwing in the towel at any time. I wish I had a phone that had the MFP app cause it would be easier for me to stay accountable. Oh well!!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! It has already been crazy and I have not had enough time to read everyone's post. But welcome all new and so glad to see the returning friends.

@wannabrn10- I am planning a september 2012 wedding as well. Yay!! We totally have time to be healthy and happy through this whole process. How much total do you want to lose? Add me as a friend.

AFM- This weekend was good, I did acupuncture on Saturday and as much as I wanted it to fix all my ailments it did not completely. But I have to say after a few days I am feeling better than I have in a while. I get a blood test on Wednesday so we can rule out anything like anemia or pre-diabetes. I am excited for this. I also start training for my next Triathlon this week! Yay!!! I am really excited to focus on getting healthy and in shape for this race and do it the right way, which means not partying the whole time during training. I drank some wine on saturday and I think that induced the headache. but after my saturday episode I have felt great. I really hope to get rid of these headaches for good, my acupuncturist thinks we can do it so I am ready to give it a try. The good thing is I wrote down everything I put in my mouth over the weekend. I didn't track or log the whole time but at least I wrote it down. I also only consumed 2 -3 beverages a night which is huge considering I was drinking a lot more in april on the weekends. I am going to hit the ground running this week and get back to being healthy in general, I can't wait to feel slim and trim in my bikini, it will be a little more work but that's ok. I am OK with the fact that I took all of april as a break from everything. Now I am ready to really tackle this goal of losing 15lbs!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

Natalie – Welcome! I've been off the wagon for a while and am also trying to break out of the 160's! Seems like I can't get myself into the 150's... but now that I'm back to bringing it I'm looking forward to seeing 15_ before I get pregnant. Congrats on nursing school!!!

Rachel- Thanks! I am glad to be apart of the group! I like reading everyone elses goals...makes me think of more that I could have. It seems that the weight is easy to take off when I am in the middle of the numbers ( like 167-163 was no prob!) but when ever I get to the bottom to get into the next weight catagory it is so hard!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

@wannabrn10- I am planning a september 2012 wedding as well. Yay!! We totally have time to be healthy and happy through this whole process. How much total do you want to lose? Add me as a friend.

Congrats to you!! I have about another 22ish pounds to take off.
  • emmarie1630
    emmarie1630 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well, my progress seems to have come to a hault. Probably due to my messed up schedule.. and too many times grabbing the easiest thing to eat at the moment. I'm in serious crunch time with the wedding (40 days away) and now it's exam time at school. I hate that my schedule isn't guaranteed to be in my control or the same day to day anymore.. I'm also really disappointed that my wedding is basically here and I'm going to look not even close to the way I wanted to look. The date is so close now.. there's not much else I can do. Ok, sorry to be a Debbie Downer... way too much on my plate lately! I'm having a melt down at least once a week now. :ohwell:
    As far as my goals for April- don't think I lost any weight. I did a great job with water intake though. And there were 2 weeks I could only go to bootcamp 2 times a week instead of 3 or 4.
    My May goals- not really going to set a scale goal since I can never meet them anyway. I just need to do as much as possible before my wedding.. keep up with bootcamp as much as possible (exams, wedding vendor meetings etc are going to make that more difficult)
    Sorry my goals aren't more concrete, or exciting for that matter. At this point I kind of have to roll with the punches and make sure I survive this time with the least amount of stress possible.
    Good luck, everyone! I'm so glad it's a new month..!

crystalfaith: continue to workout at least 4 times a week, drink tons of water, finish the C25k program, and break into the 140s
    LisaRid - lose 10 lbs, drink 8 glasses of water each day, exercise 4x per week, and curb my dessert eating. May is the month!!! :)
    emmarie- do the best I can!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options

I forgot to say congratulations!!! I am still finding a venue. The funny thing is the next question is always have you picked a dress....I am a little nervous to even try any on until I lose a little weight.
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

Well my April goals were:
    lose 5 lbs. run 3xweek. limit my sweets.
    I lost 4 out of the 5 lbs, ran 3 x a week and did limit my sweets. It was a great month for me, but also had some ups and downs. Completing my 5k this weekend and have a 10k coming up at the beginning of June. Should be good.
    For my May goals: keep my training up for my 10k, lose 5 lbs, get in 2 strength classes a week and 3 yoga classes.

Hope everyone is have a great day and will have a better week!

-Alexis
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Adding Alexis to the list...

shelsab - keep my training up for my 10k, lose 5 lbs, get in 2 strength classes a week and 3 yoga classes.
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    shelsab-keep up my 10k running schedule, lose 5lbs, strength training 2x week, 3 yoga classes.
  • k_ewilliams
    k_ewilliams Posts: 43
    Options
    shelsab-keep up my 10k running schedule, lose 5lbs, strength training 2x week, 3 yoga classes.
    k_ewilliams - log in everyday and keep out of the red, lose at least 5 pounds, run 3x a week
  • spellbinder25
    Options
    April wasn't that good a month for me as I would have liked. I didn't counr calories---wasn't in the mood & probably worked out half the time I intended to. I just didn't feel upto it last month but I'm going to make May count!

April Goals:
    (1)Lose 4 lbs, (2) Run 3 times/week, (3) Run 3 miles on the treadmill by the end of April, (4) Do strength training 3 times/week.

I lost 3 lbs and managed to run 3 miles at a stretch.

Now onto May:
    (1) Lose 4lbs to reach 133.5, (2) Do 30 Day Shred 5 times/week, (3) Count calories everyday, (4) Update on this thread at least twice a week :happy:

I think that'll be enough for now. I'll continue running but won't increase distance...will try and increase speed though. Also need to start eating fruits again but I'll add that as a goal later...don't like them and again bored of the ones I had been eating the past few months.

Good luck everyone!!
  • spellbinder25
    Options
    k_ewilliams - log in everyday and keep out of the red, lose at least 5 pounds, run 3x a week
    spellbinder25: (1) Lose 4lbs to reach 133.5, (2) Do 30 Day Shred 5 times/week, (3) Count calories everyday, (4) Update on this thread at least twice a week.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

I forgot to say congratulations!!! I am still finding a venue. The funny thing is the next question is always have you picked a dress....I am a little nervous to even try any on until I lose a little weight.

My goal weight to try on dresses is 155lbs....I am like 162 right now so not much more to go! I set the mini goal in June but I dont think I will be dress shopping till July or August.