Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have not tried Sweet Tea Vodka and lemonade, sounds delish. Staying drink free does take some planning! DH is on board so that is nice, he is not drinking either, or at least, not in front of me! He hasn't been feeling well either so we have been watching movies and popping popcorn and eating at home.
    also, I took in a foster dog for an animal shelter where I volunteer. She is very sweet. She needs to lose some weight though, so, we're both on the wagon. I haven't had a dog in the house for a long time. If you live in Colorado and are looking for a good dog, she is a retriever mix (maybe mixed with boxer?) and she is 5 years old. Maybe I will post some pics!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Better, I'm jealous of your Derby parties...Lexington is beautiful, I stayed there a couple of years ago

Actually Louisville, but I lived in Lexington for several years too. :smile:

I was in Louisville when my son gradulated from basic at Ft. Knox...have you ever been to the bowling alley there?...it was dry and horrible lanes...we laugh about it now; but, couldn't believe they didn't offer liquor...who bowls without drinking???
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I think that when I'm feeling the urge to have a drink, I'm going to do push ups, jumping jacks, or hold some wicked-hard yoga pose until the urge goes. That might be some mighty-long plank!!!

We could make a bridge out of you...hmmm, what other uses could be interesting...maybe, hubs should give some imput

Abstaining Amy, good job...keep it up and hope you are dropping some poundage...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Wellllll.....I made it all the way to 8:30pm, got very pissy with my Dish Network remote (as in trying to program it) got all frustrated and ended up having 4 glasses of wine. Today is a new day and I will try again. This is hard. I'm single, no boyfriend either, so I'm alone. A LOT. I know it's no excuse but.....this is proving to be harder than I thought it would be.

Sunday- 4 glasses wine
    Monday-

We are here...:flowerforyou:
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Wayyyy too much boozing this weekend...both nights were the kind where I don't count drinks. Friday was probably 6 or so and Saturday was 8? Thankfully on Saturday I (mostly) stuck with my trusted vodka waters...

Asjerven - isn't it so much easier when your significant other isn't up for a night out? I have no problem staying under in cals and no booze. But that isn't usually case with us, being 23 and 24 :)
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Seriously drying out this week. Actually have food in the house now so it'll be easy. Getting back to my gallon or more of water and just back on track in general. I finally gave in and said yes to Chinese food yesterday. Got steamed broccoli with steamed rice and garlic sauce on the side and the boyfriend got his super unhealthy meal haha. Hopefully it's out of his system for a bit. He's dine with earnings so For at least the next 16 days before the cruise, we can be healthy.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Better, I'm jealous of your Derby parties...Lexington is beautiful, I stayed there a couple of years ago

I was in Louisville when my son gradulated from basic at Ft. Knox...have you ever been to the bowling alley there?...it was dry and horrible lanes...we laugh about it now; but, couldn't believe they didn't offer liquor...who bowls without drinking???

That sounds terrible; not familiar with this alley.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Wellllll.....I made it all the way to 8:30pm, got very pissy with my Dish Network remote (as in trying to program it) got all frustrated and ended up having 4 glasses of wine. Today is a new day and I will try again. This is hard. I'm single, no boyfriend either, so I'm alone. A LOT. I know it's no excuse but.....this is proving to be harder than I thought it would be.

Sunday- 4 glasses wine
    Monday-

Thanks guys...I really mean that.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Totally felt like my old heavy drinking self this past weekend. Thursday hit if off with skinny margaritas and a few beers, not soo bad. Friday I was good and didn't drink at all, but had nachos :( Saturday was drinking beer from 3pm-9pm, not a good combo. Then Sunday was 2 mimosa's at brunch, then a glass of wine at the night. Honestly this is sounding like one of my better drinking weeks as far as drinking weeks go :/ drying up this week tho. I don't plan on drinking at all until at least friday and then maybe a glass of wine. I am going to try to keep to my 2 drinks max each night this weekend, I know I can do it. Damn being 25 and recently engaged is making this tough!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options

Your probably not familiar with it because they have NO ALCOHOL...
  • nisijam5
    Options

Sunday- 4 glasses wine
    Monday-

Would it help if I abstained as well, it wouldn't kill me to do it and I don't see any event in the near future to trip me up? We could check in nightly and commiserate.
  • amysj303
    Options

Your probably not familiar with it because they have NO ALCOHOL...
    That reminds me of a story my boyfriend at the time told me, once he and his friends were on a road trip and stopped for a restroom break and the exit had a strip club, which they thought meant they should check it out, after they got inside, I think they paid cover too, it turned out the place was dry and couldn't serve any alcohol so they had Sprites. :tongue:
  • amysj303
    Options

Sunday- 4 glasses wine
    Monday-

I am abstaining so I can help. It's like smoking, we use it as a coping mechanism and we have to deal with things a different way, and then we get different coping mechanisms, but it doesn't happen over night. Just one day at a time, as they say!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    So i got a little taste of how my summers is gonna go if I don't make some changes. I spent mother's day lake side and did okay with the drinking part (only had two miller chills 100 cal) but apparently I get munchies while i'm at the lake. Yesterday was just fishing and a picnick. I know this summer I will plan more physical activities while I camp but does anyone have any ideas on healthier munchie-type snack? I love to dip veggie.... if anyone has a low cal dip recipe they'd like to share I'd love to hear about it.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I love those low fat laughing cow (spreadable) cheese wedges (the queso fresco chipolte has a nice little bite to it if you like spice) I dip veggies and low fat crackers with them all the time. they're a little pricey but I miss my cheese SOOOOO much and love to dip too, so this makes for a great snack. 35 calories a wedge
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I love those low fat laughing cow (spreadable) cheese wedges (the queso fresco chipolte has a nice little bite to it if you like spice) I dip veggies and low fat crackers with them all the time. they're a little pricey but I miss my cheese SOOOOO much and love to dip too, so this makes for a great snack. 35 calories a wedge

I spread the laughing cow cheese on a high fiber muffin and eat with a cup of tomato soup...fills you up for 200 calories
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Sunday- 4 glasses wine
    Monday-

I am abstaining so I can help. It's like smoking, we use it as a coping mechanism and we have to deal with things a different way, and then we get different coping mechanisms, but it doesn't happen over night. Just one day at a time, as they say!

Just starting my second week of abstaining so I'll be here to cheer you on too. It feels much easier this week than it did last week, I found the same thing last year too when I gave up for a month. Friday night was pretty tough as it didn't seem right not to have a drink, it's part of that yipee it's the weekend, let's relax now feeling. BUT that just goes to show how much I drink out of habit or to relax or as a reward for surviving the week.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options

Sunday- 4 glasses wine
    Monday-

Would it help if I abstained as well, it wouldn't kill me to do it and I don't see any event in the near future to trip me up? We could check in nightly and commiserate.
    That sounds great! Count me in!!! Thank you!!:happy:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    mon - 0
    tues - will be 0

This week plan to only drink once again. Thursday night I will be :drinker: See how many shots I can keep it down to this week. :blushing: :heart:
  • Ynnep1000
    Ynnep1000 Posts: 24
    Options
    At last I found my people!