Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Was watching David Blaine last night doing his 44 days fast in an elevated clear box in London. He had nothing but water. Really makes you aware of what the human body is capable of. After, his metabolism for obvious reasons, was out of whack. He gained a lot of weight and was very out of shape. While getting ready for another stunt where he needed to be very lean, he worked out hard and only looked at food as nutrition. It was pretty awesome and a great motivator. When I feel like being weak when it comes to food or alcohol, I'm going to think of him and remember self discipline and mind over matter.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0

For me, it's a little easier to say to myself " what's the point in working out as hard as I do, if I'm then going to put crap in my body and pretty much sabotage what possibly better results I could be getting"

It's a test because the boyfriend isn't as strong when it comes to nutrition, he caves to the bad food all the time, which makes it a bit harder for me to make healthy decisions but I'm going to work even harder at it and work harder on the alcohol stand point.

Marci- it's so empowering to hear about someone taking back their life. My mom has been in awful relationships, one of which was with my father. She and I have always had a role reversal relationship where I'm taking care of her and it's been tough but it's made me stronger. She went through alcoholism and definitely still struggles but having the support from me and my gramma helps her. She is alone with no man and so it's easy for her to fall back into it. With alcoholism running on both sides of my family, I've certainly had my struggles but I'm also very hard on myself and at times and with certain things, can have very strong discipline. I'm not one to talk about problems or feelings and that's gotten me in trouble but sometimes change can be hard but knowing you do have people there for you if you need them, helps so much. My mom also has depression so it all adds up and makes life hard. For her, our kitties and her pup keep her occupied and we talk a lot, whether on the phone or just testing. I think it's about finding things you really enjoy and focusing on them and trying as hard as you can to focus on the positive things in your life. We are all here for each other and that support can definitely help sway one towards healthier descisions. Hang in there and keep that motivation to take your life back =]
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Was watching David Blaine last night doing his 44 days fast in an elevated clear box in London. He had nothing but water. Really makes you aware of what the human body is capable of. After, his metabolism for obvious reasons, was out of whack. He gained a lot of weight and was very out of shape. While getting ready for another stunt where he needed to be very lean, he worked out hard and only looked at food as nutrition. It was pretty awesome and a great motivator. When I feel like being weak when it comes to food or alcohol, I'm going to think of him and remember self discipline and mind over matter.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0

For me, it's a little easier to say to myself " what's the point in working out as hard as I do, if I'm then going to put crap in my body and pretty much sabotage what possibly better results I could be getting"

It's a test because the boyfriend isn't as strong when it comes to nutrition, he caves to the bad food all the time, which makes it a bit harder for me to make healthy decisions but I'm going to work even harder at it and work harder on the alcohol stand point.

Marci- it's so empowering to hear about someone taking back their life. My mom has been in awful relationships, one of which was with my father. She and I have always had a role reversal relationship where I'm taking care of her and it's been tough but it's made me stronger. She went through alcoholism and definitely still struggles but having the support from me and my gramma helps her. She is alone with no man and so it's easy for her to fall back into it. With alcoholism running on both sides of my family, I've certainly had my struggles but I'm also very hard on myself and at times and with certain things, can have very strong discipline. I'm not one to talk about problems or feelings and that's gotten me in trouble but sometimes change can be hard but knowing you do have people there for you if you need them, helps so much. My mom also has depression so it all adds up and makes life hard. For her, our kitties and her pup keep her occupied and we talk a lot, whether on the phone or just testing. I think it's about finding things you really enjoy and focusing on them and trying as hard as you can to focus on the positive things in your life. We are all here for each other and that support can definitely help sway one towards healthier descisions. Hang in there and keep that motivation to take your life back =]
    Thanks so much Kat! Yes, it is a bit harder if you're alone but it can be done....Sometimes, it's not easy, hey, one day at a time right? What through me, I think is that I've never had a alcohol problem before. It's just been these last few years that it snuck up on me. I got scared last night, cause I've never had cravings for alcohol in my life. Never. Well, now I realize I did "cross that line" and I'm gonna step right back....Thank you so much for your kind words. It helps, knowing I'm not alone.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    BUMP- I'm getting tired of looking for you guys...LOL
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I'm so stinkin' dissappointed right now! I wish Subway delivered damn it! I'm at work and thought I'd make my own sandwich since we have all the stuff I'd put on a sandwich from Subway but it didn't turn out nearly as well and I only got a 3 inch sandwich for the same amount of calories as a Subway 6 inch! How the hell does that work? On a brighter note, I poured myself a glass of wine last night and half of it is still sitting on my dresser this morning... total party foul, I know! But hey, less calories consumed.. whooo hooo
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I'm so stinkin' dissappointed right now! I wish Subway delivered damn it! I'm at work and thought I'd make my own sandwich since we have all the stuff I'd put on a sandwich from Subway but it didn't turn out nearly as well and I only got a 3 inch sandwich for the same amount of calories as a Subway 6 inch! How the hell does that work? On a brighter note, I poured myself a glass of wine last night and half of it is still sitting on my dresser this morning... total party foul, I know! But hey, less calories consumed.. whooo hooo

Subway sandwiches are loaded with sodium though, so you may have saved yourself a lot by making your own. I love my veggie sub from subway but I've cut back because it has over 800mg of sodium :noway:

I did read an article that they are cutting back, maybe not as much as they should, but it's a start!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    wow, I can't believe I made it through last night. My husband's work had tickets at the Rockie suite and the food and alcohol was free and I didn't drink. He did but I sort of thought someone should get some good out of it! I was seriously rethinking this challenge! but...
    10 days no drinking!
    Way to Go!!!!!!!!
    smiley-bounce016.gif
  • lolacanaday
    lolacanaday Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love this space! I too am a drinker!! It has always effected my weight loss and I blame the last 10 to 15 pounds that I've wanted to lose, not just on the booze, but the lack of will power that comes with too many drinks! I live for the weekends and have literally cracked open a cold one within 15 minutes of the end of my work day on Friday! I don't think anything will or could sound better than that to me!
    So... I'm going to try to cut back, but more importantly not stuff my face when I've had too many drinks! :)
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    TONIGHT IS FAITH'S LUUUSHHH NIGGGHTTTT :drinker: :drinker: I am going to try and stick to 14 shots tonight since I hit 21 last week. Now if this work day would go really quick that would be nice. See y'all in my drunk postings this evening. :heart: :heart:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Faith, you go girl! :happy: You know, we have tons of fish in the freezer but at the end of a lushy night I don't want fish, I want burgers and fries and pizza and double cheese lasagna. We need to come up with some low cal snacks to eat along with the drinkies and skip dinner. I'm thinking maybe homemade tortilla chips and salsa? a low cal spinach dip? any other ideas?
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options

Subway sandwiches are loaded with sodium though, so you may have saved yourself a lot by making your own. I love my veggie sub from subway but I've cut back because it has over 800mg of sodium :noway:

I did read an article that they are cutting back, maybe not as much as they should, but it's a start!
    Holy Crap! I just looked at the sodium, It was over 1200mg! Wow, I don't normally make a habit to check the sodium because I'm usually waaaayyy under. I guess I have to stick with my boring old salads when I forget my lunch! I work in a bar and we have awesome food but nothing really seams to fit in my into my calorie budget, damn it! Thanks for bringing that to my attention though :smile:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Have fun Faith!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Have a great night Faith. You drunken posts are more coherent than my sober ones. :wink:
    smiley-eatdrink048.gif smiley-eatdrink048.gif smiley-eatdrink048.gif
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Mine too!! margsmilie.gif

How sad is it that I'm all excited about Faith's drunkeness? I get to live through her tonite. Geeez..I need a more exciting life.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Mine too!! margsmilie.gif

How sad is it that I'm all excited about Faith's drunkeness? I get to live through her tonite. Geeez..I need a more exciting life.

Go Faith go! :drinker: :drinker: We love u!
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    An article for my fellow lushes. I thought it was interesting. Wish this site had a chat....I would probably totally give up facebook then!
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/for-lent-man-gives-up-everything-but-beer-and-water/
  • Ynnep1000
    Ynnep1000 Posts: 24
    Options
    Happy humpday! It's 7:41 pm here and I am still at work. Have been here since 9 am..... An old employee dropped by with drinks a while ago, she is gone now and I have finished the drinks. Woe is me, still trapped here yet somewhat buzzed. Aaargh.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    TONIGHT IS FAITH'S LUUUSHHH NIGGGHTTTT :drinker: :drinker: I am going to try and stick to 14 shots tonight since I hit 21 last week. Now if this work day would go really quick that would be nice. See y'all in my drunk postings this evening. :heart: :heart:

Faith, I'm lushing it up too!!! I forgot to tell you a key component to drinking the vodka...use a mixer and drink thru a straw

I'm mixing skinny margs with perrier and lots of ice, went to the store especially for the straws, got the buzz going and super HHAAAPPY:drinker: :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Faith, you go girl! :happy: You know, we have tons of fish in the freezer but at the end of a lushy night I don't want fish, I want burgers and fries and pizza and double cheese lasagna. We need to come up with some low cal snacks to eat along with the drinkies and skip dinner. I'm thinking maybe homemade tortilla chips and salsa? a low cal spinach dip? any other ideas?

THAT,:huh: is what we need to work on ....we need to change the thread to Like Minded Lushes with Low-Cal Snacks that Satisfy our Lushy Cravings:love:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Faith, I wish your work day was over too...we could drunk lush post - or - is it lushes who post drunk - or - posting lushes. Well, anyway, we would just post drunkenly for that matter. :ohwell:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I love reading this thread.

Mon - Wed, no drinks, so far so good!