Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options

Replies

• wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    Great news marci, and yeah have been drinking heavily lately to deal with stress as well
  • redfox43
    redfox43 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 6 pack bud light lime and 1 glass of wine (cheap wine)
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - hoping for 0 but the boyfriend has 34 bottles of wine being delivered to the house today and it's so fun opening the boxes and then opening a bottle and relaxing on the couch. We'll see how it goes though.

Not drinking until at least Friday night with any luck. I weight train 3 days a week, Friday being one of them so I'd like to be 100% for it so I really focus on all the moves in Legs and Back with my weighted vest and weights, it's definitely not a fun work out when you're hungover. Pull ups and doing moves with a 12 pound vest in addition to 15-25 lb weights when you just want to sleep is rough. Definitely learned my lesson last week. Luckily my shows are all going on summer vacation soon so I won't want to drink during them.

Super sore from Chest, shoulders and tri's yesterday and it feels great. This week will be a true test of my body as it's supposed to be a recovery week. Hour long stationary bike ride today along with more housework and hanging out with the pups.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Great News, Marci, you can do it! I know I used to be the same way, just drinking on special occassions, parties, vacations, then I got this roommate who always kept beer in the fridge and it was like, why not have three beers every night while watching reality tv?!
    Last night I was sorely tempted, I was so upset to learn my cousin's husband is cheating on her and she has a 3 year old and 5-month-old:huh: a teacher than I have been friends with for 23 years is being threatened with dismissal over a mistake they say she made administering a standardized test, and then the little birds' nest in the wreath on my front door got blown by the wind and all those little eggs smashed on the steps just made me sob.:sad:
    I almost grabbed the wine, but I just had my cry instead.
    That's 9 days no drinking. 5 more to go...

As if all the personal drama wasn't enough....the baby bird eggs just topped it off. :sad:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Great News, Marci, you can do it! I know I used to be the same way, just drinking on special occassions, parties, vacations, then I got this roommate who always kept beer in the fridge and it was like, why not have three beers every night while watching reality tv?!
    Last night I was sorely tempted, I was so upset to learn my cousin's husband is cheating on her and she has a 3 year old and 5-month-old:huh: a teacher than I have been friends with for 23 years is being threatened with dismissal over a mistake they say she made administering a standardized test, and then the little birds' nest in the wreath on my front door got blown by the wind and all those little eggs smashed on the steps just made me sob.:sad:

As if all the personal drama wasn't enough....the baby bird eggs just topped it off. :sad:

The baby bird eggs finished me off...way to deal with it all tho...:heart:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hey, finally picked up my new paint colors that I picked out last fall....I just realized one of the colors is chianti...that, is a true lush, my friends
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hey, finally picked up my new paint colors that I picked out last fall....I just realized one of the colors is chianti...that, is a true lush, my friends

HAHAHA!!!!!!! I love it!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options

Haha I love that!

As For Me- I haven't had a drink since Sunday and I might not have another one until Saturday. It is the stopping at a certain amount that hurts me honestly. When I am in certain situations it is hard to turn that part off.... does anyone feel like that?
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hello, this might sound like a stupid question, but how do you "join" a group? Simply by replying to the thread?
  • kblue2007
    Options

Haha I love that!

As For Me- I haven't had a drink since Sunday and I might not have another one until Saturday. It is the stopping at a certain amount that hurts me honestly. When I am in certain situations it is hard to turn that part off.... does anyone feel like that?

YUPPERS!!!!!!!!! I always always always overinduldge!! Once I get started, like "I don't have to work tomorrow" started, I never stop when I "SHOULD" and I know this and regret but continue to do it. I have to admit I have been sooooo much better since joining my fitness pal because I really try and hold myself (calorie wise) accountable. Although I have had my moments :sick:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hello, this might sound like a stupid question, but how do you "join" a group? Simply by replying to the thread?

Yup welcome!
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    What a horrible day....where those baby birds real bird eggs?? Awww.....you're gonna make me cry, almost. Sorry to hear about your cousin. Some people (men and women) can just be downright cruel and that sucks. Been there, done that. My next boyfriend is gonna be a great guy. I'm waiting for him, right now. I'm not worried, he'll find me. :happy:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    for me, hard liquor is tough for me to guage. before i know it, i'm sloshed and have no concept of how many i've had. it's not the calories with it so much (since i drink light/diet mixers), but that the next day i'm hung over and eat like crap and don't exercise. i'm old now and it takes me a lot longer to recover. :grumble:
    i can stop at one glass of beer easily (it just fills me up too much) Pretty much the same with red wine, which i usually just have with a meal...rarely by itself just to drink. white wine i can sometimes drink more, maybe a whole bottle if i'm on a roll..lol.

i've been incorporating my glass of wine with dinner into my calories. i weighed in today and lost 2 lbs. so it *can* work, if you just log your calories. i only missed one day of exercise last week. that's the key for me. of course as i've mentioned before..i'm sure i'd lose a lot faster if i abstained completely. but this is a long term lifestyle plan for me. not really a hard core diet.

and yeah christina..we're an open group. just chime in whenever you want!
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wow, sorry I missed this post. I'm all for a glass of wine or beer after a tough day. Or, even a good day.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I was going to try and be drink-free until my girls' weekend in San Diego next weekend, but I spaced that our district track meet is this Friday night and all the coaches are going out afterward. Oh well, 2 weekends won't kill me!!

For those of you familiar with San Diego...here's our itinerary. How's it look?
    Lodging: Westin Gaslamp: 910 Broadway Circle, San Diego.
    · Friday night: Susan is making reservations for dinner in the Gaslamp district. Andre’ will be joining us! Susan, the ever swanky tour guide, will then lead us on our way to Saturday’s hangovers.
    · Saturday: Anyone up for a run in Balboa Park? I’m hoping I can actually make that happen, but we’ll have to see how the night pans out. Otherwise, I am considering making breakfast / brunch reservations at Brians 24 around 11am (noon?) for those of us not too hung over and needing some food. I’ve eaten here, gals, and it is GOOD (biscuits and gravy, Susan!). Let me know if you think you might be interested.
    · Saturday evening: Going out in Ocean Beach! We’ll cab it to / from the hotel. Likely that we’ll have dinner there, but let’s see how the day unfolds.

I'm so excited to see my girls!!!!

Welcome to the newbies! We don't bite...much. :wink:
  • marci355
    Options
    Great news marci, and yeah have been drinking heavily lately to deal with stress as well
    Hey, it's easy to do. I did it for 3 years straight. Not proud of it, but it is what it is. It wasn't until my doctor ordered some lab tests and guess what after 3 years of drinking nightly, my liver enzymes were "slightly elevated". Well, she finally called last night and told me that I cannot drink any alcohol (and I won't, cause I'm scared sh*tless) for the next four weeks. If my numbers go down, on the next test, then my liver will recover. Thank you Lord! My heavy boozin' days are over. I really mean it, that i'm going back to my old ways of just drinking socially and occasionally. There's nothing like a psycho ex-boyfriend threatening to kill you, 3 years of restraining orders, being stalked and a bunch of court dates, for a girl to fall into a wine bottle. Scariest *kitten* of my whole life. Well, now it's almost over and this girl is climbing back out and reclaiming my life!!! I wish you the best as well. Take care.:smile:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I was going to try and be drink-free until my girls' weekend in San Diego next weekend, but I spaced that our district track meet is this Friday night and all the coaches are going out afterward. Oh well, 2 weekends won't kill me!!

For those of you familiar with San Diego...here's our itinerary. How's it look?
    Lodging: Westin Gaslamp: 910 Broadway Circle, San Diego.
    · Friday night: Susan is making reservations for dinner in the Gaslamp district. Andre’ will be joining us! Susan, the ever swanky tour guide, will then lead us on our way to Saturday’s hangovers.
    · Saturday: Anyone up for a run in Balboa Park? I’m hoping I can actually make that happen, but we’ll have to see how the night pans out. Otherwise, I am considering making breakfast / brunch reservations at Brians 24 around 11am (noon?) for those of us not too hung over and needing some food. I’ve eaten here, gals, and it is GOOD (biscuits and gravy, Susan!). Let me know if you think you might be interested.
    · Saturday evening: Going out in Ocean Beach! We’ll cab it to / from the hotel. Likely that we’ll have dinner there, but let’s see how the day unfolds.

I'm so excited to see my girls!!!!

Welcome to the newbies! We don't bite...much. :wink:

Sounds like a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hey, it's easy to do. I did it for 3 years straight. Not proud of it, but it is what it is. It wasn't until my doctor ordered some lab tests and guess what after 3 years of drinking nightly, my liver enzymes were "slightly elevated". Well, she finally called last night and told me that I cannot drink any alcohol (and I won't, cause I'm scared sh*tless) for the next four weeks. If my numbers go down, on the next test, then my liver will recover. Thank you Lord! My heavy boozin' days are over. I really mean it, that i'm going back to my old ways of just drinking socially and occasionally. There's nothing like a psycho ex-boyfriend threatening to kill you, 3 years of restraining orders, being stalked and a bunch of court dates, for a girl to fall into a wine bottle. Scariest *kitten* of my whole life. Well, now it's almost over and this girl is climbing back out and reclaiming my life!!! I wish you the best as well. Take care.:smile:

OMG Girl!!! That's horrible!! So sorry you had to go through that!!!!!!!! I'm glad you are putting your life back on track!!!! Inspirational :flowerforyou:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    you're in the gaslamp district amy, so you should have a great time! plenty of great restaurants and bars :drinker:
    balboa park is a great place for a run..or even a walk. our famous zoo is there too.
    ocean beach is a laid back/hippie beach in san diego. mission beach is more crazy upbeat. i personally hang out in del mar, since i'm more in the northern county.
    i wish i could say our weather was going to be fantastic for you, but we're in the middle of our "may gray" season..next will be "June gloom"...but san diego is a fun place to be!
  • marci355
    Options

OMG Girl!!! That's horrible!! So sorry you had to go through that!!!!!!!! I'm glad you are putting your life back on track!!!! Inspirational :flowerforyou:
    Thank you!