Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I just got done with my son's ballgame...sitting in the warm sun enjoying the game makes me want to have an ice cold beer...but, I'm not going to do it :noway:

Week #2 for the weigh-in challenge...I cannot be eliminated out of my own challenge the first week:sad:
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    marci, all i can relate it to is when i stopped smoking...and i ate a lot then...(which is why i'm here now!) so i'm not very helpful. :ohwell:

i *am* a lot more addicted to water. i find drinking water when i'm hungry helps a lot.
    also...while i'm still not one of those people that LOVES to exercise (like a few of you here..i'm so jealous!!!)..i DO find it helps make me feel better. even if it's 20 minutes. Do you have ondemand on your tv? there's lots of quick exercises there that are fantastic.
    the key with any "bad habit/behavior" is to replace it with another. hopefully we do that with a healthy one. :tongue:
    Thats what I was thinking. I used to do crafts, beading and sewing and stuff like that but all those suplies have gotten so expensive...And yes, I went back on my Celexa, which has been helpful, but I'm a gastric bypass patient and I don't absorb jacksh*t anyway. You should the amount of vitamins I have to take. If this depression doesn't improve, maybe I should increase my dosage for awhile....I don't know. I just want all the cravings to stop! How long does that take?
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Beats the heck out of me since I haven't done more than two
    days in a row for 10 years. But I'll bet in the morning you will feel more confident.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Marci, I don't know if they will ever go away...stay strong...we're here. :heart:

Speaking of staying strong, I didn't. I'm so ready for this school year to be over. It's like my kids know when Hubs and I are stressed out, so they pick that time to be little sh!ts. So, I'm enjoying a vodka/red bull right now. :smile: Oh well. (I need a shrugging smiley!)
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    mon - 0
    tues - 0
    wed- 0

Marci I read lots and lots and lots of books to cure boredom, watch a lot of tv shows online too. :wink:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Goal: 12 to 15

I have to break the summer habit of ice cold beer on the deck after the kids' ballgames...it was hard, I chose to strip wallpaper, took a melatonin and went to bed at a decent hour.

Oh, detox week left 3.6 lbs lighter...
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Wow Marci...glad you're out of that place. I had a bad boyfriend for about a year too and it is very liberating to finally get away from all that so good for you. Boredom? Take walks, read books, watch movies, do yoga, put together photo albums, gardening, etc. These are things I love to do that I wish I had more time for. :smile:

Well not doing so great this week. Had sangria and a margarita at the Mexican restaurant last night. I have drank every night this week, but only had a couple, not even enough to give me much of a head change. For some reason I've been very edgy this week and a couple drinks has at least taken the edge off. So tonight I try for 0 again. I think I may bail on whatever plans I'm supposed to be involved in on Thursday and make that 0 as well.

S - 2 wine
    M - 2 wine
    T - 1 sangria, 1 margarita
    W - 0
    R - 0
    F - 6
    S - 8

Under 20 would be nice.

Great job on those abstaining and getting workouts in this week too! Yay!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Well this makes me feel better honestly. I feel like I know a lot of people who either have a higher tolerance or it doesn't hit them like it does me. It used to get me into a lot of trouble. Now I just struggle with remembering the whole night if I have one of those nights. I have been fairly good and only had that happen a few times the last few months it used to be a weekly thing. Now I think I need to get better about the beer. I love beer but it truly is too many calories.

Anyone love beer but hate light beer find a way to lose with it?? I am on the neverending search!

I LOVE CRAFT BEERS!!!!!!! LOVE THEM!!!! And honestly I have had to cut them out except on the weekends and I try to find ones with higher ABV's so I only need a couple of them. During the week I drink wine, much lower in calories!!
    Good luck!!!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Broke down last night and did not do yoga and had two beers, 1 delicious Lagunitas Undercover (9.7abv) and 1 Miller lite (Ehhhh). My excuse I had to start packing....that works right?? :huh:
    Tonight 1hr of yoga, finish up some laundry and last minute packing I will try try try REALLY REALLY hard not to have a glass of wine while packing but I make no promises :devil:
    So for me my three days without drinking have not gone so well.............
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yes, I do like to read and we have a used book store here in town and I'd though I'd check it out tomorrow after the gym. Thanks for the suggestions. Does it get easier after awhile? The cravings, I mean?

I think the hardest part is falling asleep and filling the time with distractions as mentioned by many others. It takes about a week. If you have trouble sleeping try melatonin. That works for me. I think I've cut back a lot since I started on this thread. I don't know how much you drink; but, make sure your taking the B vitamins. It's very important.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    wow, I can't believe I made it through last night. My husband's work had tickets at the Rockie suite and the food and alcohol was free and I didn't drink. He did but I sort of thought someone should get some good out of it! I was seriously rethinking this challenge! but...
    10 days no drinking!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    wow, I can't believe I made it through last night. My husband's work had tickets at the Rockie suite and the food and alcohol was free and I didn't drink. He did but I sort of thought someone should get some good out of it! I was seriously rethinking this challenge! but...
    10 days no drinking!

That is seriously impressive!!! Way to go! I hope you at least indulged in some yummy ball park food?
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Damn, Amy, way to go!!!
  • marci355
    Options
    Yes, I do like to read and we have a used book store here in town and I'd though I'd check it out tomorrow after the gym. Thanks for the suggestions. Does it get easier after awhile? The cravings, I mean?

I think the hardest part is falling asleep and filling the time with distractions as mentioned by many others. It takes about a week. If you have trouble sleeping try melatonin. That works for me. I think I've cut back a lot since I started on this thread. I don't know how much you drink; but, make sure your taking the B vitamins. It's very important.
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone here. I am already on a sleeping medication, cause I've had insomnia for years (since post menopause) so that helps. MY ultimate goal, is to get off ALL my meds, but hey one step at a time right? I did not drink last night. I was the computer talking with a friend and that helped. I'm going to go the the used book store today to see if I can find some smutty romance novels, LOL, that should help too. I have a dog that tailgates me around the house till we drive to the park, so I do that daily also. I take a **** load of vitamins and I've just ordered a really good formula for detoxing your liver. It should be here today or tomorrow.
    I used to work for a vitamin store and learned a LOT about vitamins, minerals, herbs etc. I was taking milk thistle for the entire first 2 years since this nightmare started. I quit about a year ago and sure enough the lab test after I quit a year ago, came back with my liver enzymes elevated. Yep, the stuff really does work. It's an herb that cleanses your liver and helps it process the alcohol and all the other crap we do to our bodies. It's not cheap, but it works. I realized that last night and bought an even better formula for actual detoxing, not just daily cleansing. So when I go back to the doctor on June 8th, for the follow up blood tests, I bet I will be back to normal. (June 8th is my 7 year anniversary for gastric bypass surgery, weird timing, huh?:huh: )
    If anyone wants a recommendation for a good formula for mlik thistle, or just a brand of ppure mlik thistle alone, let me know. I'll guide you to a good one. Again, I am so grateful for all your support. You all are such awesome people! No wine today.:happy:
  • marci355
    Options
    10 days no drinking!
    Yay!!! Good for you!!! You're right, we can do this!!!
  • marci355
    Options
    mon - 0
    tues - 0
    wed- 0

Marci I read lots and lots and lots of books to cure boredom, watch a lot of tv shows online too. :wink:
    Thanks Faith! Looks like you're doing good too!
  • marci355
    Options
    Wow Marci...glad you're out of that place. I had a bad boyfriend for about a year too and it is very liberating to finally get away from all that so good for you. Boredom? Take walks, read books, watch movies, do yoga, put together photo albums, gardening, etc. These are things I love to do that I wish I had more time for. :smile:

Well not doing so great this week. Had sangria and a margarita at the Mexican restaurant last night. I have drank every night this week, but only had a couple, not even enough to give me much of a head change. For some reason I've been very edgy this week and a couple drinks has at least taken the edge off. So tonight I try for 0 again. I think I may bail on whatever plans I'm supposed to be involved in on Thursday and make that 0 as well.

S - 2 wine
    M - 2 wine
    T - 1 sangria, 1 margarita
    W - 0
    R - 0
    F - 6
    S - 8

Under 20 would be nice.

Great job on those abstaining and getting workouts in this week too! Yay!
    Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad the SOB is gone too! Looking forward to better days!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    10 days no drinking!

I am seriously impressed. You're almost there!
  • marci355
    Options
    Marci, I don't know if they will ever go away...stay strong...we're here. :heart:

Speaking of staying strong, I didn't. I'm so ready for this school year to be over. It's like my kids know when Hubs and I are stressed out, so they pick that time to be little sh!ts. So, I'm enjoying a vodka/red bull right now. :smile: Oh well. (I need a shrugging smiley!)
    How about some flowers instead? I'm staying strong. I appreciate all of you!:flowerforyou:
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    :drinker: Hey all!

Been a while since I posted on this one.

No worries I am still rocking the bacardi and living it up.

Any one drink that Four Loko stuff?

I loved it before it was recalled and it still seems ok now.

Haven't tried it since it came back. I had it before and one was enough for the night. Sometimes I even watered them down with some club soda...whew they are too strong to drink like beer!