Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    ended up working overtime yesterday and didn't feel like cooking so no rellenos last night. Instead I made strawberry margs. I needed to use up some strawberries I had n the fridge.

Faith you did great. I couldn't type if I were on my 14th shot.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm on 21 lol. Ok no more I'm over madly.
  • faithikins
    Options
    in cals
  • faithikins
    Options
    As I said expensive drunk :tongue:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see what Faith says in the morning. I love how you had them all lined out.

kblue, way to improvise...have fun with your mama

Robin, I couldn't think of a better way to use the strawberries...enjoy the weekend, I know you will

Monday, 5.5 drinks
    Tuesday, 1 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, 0 drinks
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Yes...how ya doing this morning Faith? :drinker:

Kate, glad you liked the margs.

Ended up at the chow wagon which is basically like the state fair on the waterfront for Derby. Drinks were ridiculous but that didn't stop me from having 3 Miller Lite aluminum cans (not usually a domestic girl but you get what you can), and 2 glasses of decent white. Had a Brooklyn Summer Ale with pizza before. We walked around a lot which I totally counted and was over by 200. Not bad. So....

S - 5
    M - 0
    T - 3
    W - 5
    R - 6ish
    F - who knows...have the day off and my husband and I plan on watching the Oaks races on TV and betting online. I already did my last day of Level 2 Shred (thank God that level is over) and plan on a longish run since I'm not working and its beautiful outside.

Happy Friday lushes!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    HEY FAITH! IS THIS TOO LOUD?? :devil:

Hee, hee, my freshman year of college, we could see into a friend's room in the dorms. (Our dorms were curved and he was 3 floors below us...perfect shot.) When we knew he was massively hung over we'd prank call him and say things like, "Tuna fish milkshake!) and then watch him run to the bathroom. Good times.

So, I'm weak. It was a crazy night last night, and the neighbor, who *didn't* have to work today, wanted to try out the Skyy Passion Fruit vodka she just bought. So, I had 3 of those (with club soda and some mushed strawberries...we used what we had in the house...I really need to go to the store.)

Oh, I had a cherry and diet and a beer too. Me no feel so good today. :laugh:

Sunday=lots
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0
    Thursday=5
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm seriously impressed with faith's mad typing skills!!

Happy Friday everyone. Plan on getting a good workout in today so I can enjoy some shrimp tacos tonight and perhaps a cocktail (or 2)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=0
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0
    Thursday=0

9 more days of no drinking. It is hard. Last night everyone on tv was drinking, it looked so good...
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Sunday=0
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0
    Thursday=0

9 more days of no drinking. It is hard. Last night everyone on tv was drinking, it looked so good...

So, do you see any benefits from not drinking? 5 days is really impressive. Well, for me, it is anyway.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    7 glasses of wine last night and not enough sleep due to getting up and getting both work outs done before spending the day with Mom and Gramma. Have a ton of Cal's for today as the boyfriend and I are taking Mom and Gram out to dinner and I want one coconut lime marg :smile:

Have a great Friday all :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    kat, your workouts are so impressive. i never feel like doing anything after drinking the night before.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=0
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0
    Thursday=0

So, do you see any benefits from not drinking? 5 days is really impressive. Well, for me, it is anyway.
    Well, the scale was down a little bit but I am not trying to lose, just trying to tone up. I don't feel better seem to sleep better. I haven't gone 5 days without drinking, not for years. I was going to do these two weeks of no sugar or flour and alcohol seemed like something to cut as well. I will let you know after two weeks if I feel better.
    DH isn't drinking either and he got a cold, he thinks maybe he would have killed it off if he was drinking!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    mon - 0
    tues - 0
    wed - 0
    thurs - 0
    fri is drinking night. No idea what to get yet. Maybe if I ask the lady at the counter? I only have 900 cals to play with for dinner and my drinking. :sad: :drinker: The skinny margs sound cool but we don't sell that sort of mix I believe. Might try tequila or vodka with sf red bulls? or I dunno. Pouring my own shots is not the best idea. They just get bigger and bigger. I'll be over I'd say. :smokin:
    I'm with ya! Not only to they get bigger the time inbetween shots tend to get smaller!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Dunno, it might be bad if your top 2 things are alcohol, but we're in the same boat, mine are Smirnoff rasberrry (witch I use for all the flavored smirnoffs, since its the only one listed on MFP) and bud lite. Already had me 3 shots, and happy cinco de mayo, though I'll have to save the real celibrating for tom. night, run day in the AM! :drinker:

You got me thinking with the raspberry smirnoff thing and i tried it with soda water and fresh lime juice... It was awesome and very low cal :drinker:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    :drinker:
    3 shots down in 15 mins, onto the 4th. I have counted out plastic shot glasses cause I know I will lose count. :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
    That is an awesome Idea, I always loose count :drinker:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    So, I'm really proud of myself so far this week. I've done great cutting back my drinking. Last week I went through 3 or 4 fifths of whiskey, about a case of beer, and numerous other random mixed drinks!

Sunday- 2 shots of whiskey
    Monday- 1 bloody mary, 1 red beer
    Tuesday- 3 vodka/soda, 1 white russian (hubby took me out for dinner :love: )
    Wednesday- Nothing!
    Thursday- 1 glass of wine

I still have the weekend though but I think i'll do okay... I'm working today and tomorrow and going to the lake Sunday for mothers day. Might have to have a couple beers lake-side but that should be the extent of the damage :drinker:
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    doing my first pub run tonight after work. I am so excited. we start at this really cool german beer garden then head out downtown about a mile to a new orleans style bar and so on & so on!! should be fun!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I think I am PMSing. Really bad day. Started off with weird dreams, my pedometer broke as I put it on this morning. then at work something I had to get done before 7 AM and my account was revoked for some unexplicable reason. Got it back at 6:45 and got stuff done by 8. boss and psuedo boss treat me like a old lady secretary. I have an MBA and I was a Regional Finance Director for 10 schools in the past. I changed careers but I am still leadership material and not a glorified office clerk. I was so frustrated and PO'd today I was constantly on the verge of tears. I had to reboot my freakin computer 3 times because of issues. Like I said really crappy day. so I bought two bottles of chardonnay and a bag of chips to eat with some of our home made salsa. Happy weekend Lushes!!!!!:drinker: