Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Amy, you are definitely winning!! Great work!

Heh, it never occurred to me that we had non-participating members. *waves at the silent peeps!* I was going to say "lurkers" but that sounds dirty. :laugh:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options

So, I'm having a Skinny Girl Marg. :drinker:

Sunday=lots
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=1

What quantity constitues 1 drink, 4 oz?? I count the whole bottle as 5. Just wondering how far this lush is off the alcohol meter...
    In bartender terms... a drink is considered a 4oz glass of wine, a 12oz beer, or a 2 oz shot/mixed drink....

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    That's what I am wondering, is it considered a mixed drink or a shot...I guess I'll have to look at the alcohol content to figure it out...I been counting a bottle of 5...but, it could very well be 10
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Good job to all those doing so good this week! Well I said it was going to be a mellow dry night for me, but all of our friends are going to the free Cage the Elephant concert downtown so looks like we're in as well. Plus I'm feeling better. And I'm off work tomorrow.

Next week is a new one.....I'll do better then.....

Happy Cinco de Mayo!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I drank way too much last night. And I lost a pound.
    I'm going to do my darnedest not to eat like crap today and keep that pound off instead of feeding my hangover.
    Happy cinco de mayo everyone! I'll be abstaining tonight i think.
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    Happy Cinco De Mayo fellow Lushes! Hope everyone has a great celebration with no guilt! I've been saving up - no booze all week so I can have a couple of Patrón margis at Cantina Laredo. Now, to NOT eat that freakin fabulous Cascabel Ribeye....

Cheers!
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Is it bad that my top two entries in my most used portion of my food diary are Sutter Home Moscato and Barefoot Moscato?
    On a positive note the scale was down another pound this morning....will log it tomorrow if it stays off!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am making shrimp stuffed chile rellenos tonight for dinner so I think it will involve shots of tequila.

Kim you are doing great detoxing can be a good thing.
    Asjerven is seriously rockin the sober thing. very impressive.

Enjoy your evening all. Even you silent lurking types.:wink:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Mon - thurs = no drinks :happy:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    mon - 0
    tues - 0
    wed - 0
    thurs - 0
    fri is drinking night. No idea what to get yet. Maybe if I ask the lady at the counter? I only have 900 cals to play with for dinner and my drinking. :sad: :drinker: The skinny margs sound cool but we don't sell that sort of mix I believe. Might try tequila or vodka with sf red bulls? or I dunno. Pouring my own shots is not the best idea. They just get bigger and bigger. I'll be over I'd say. :smokin:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!! I am totally into this. I am having a little engagement party planning/wedding planning cinco de mayo party! I got this awesome recipe for skinny strawberry margaritas and corona, I have been working out pretty hard this week so I might let myself splurge tonight...we shall see.
  • butterflyinamber78
    butterflyinamber78 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Dunno, it might be bad if your top 2 things are alcohol, but we're in the same boat, mine are Smirnoff rasberrry (witch I use for all the flavored smirnoffs, since its the only one listed on MFP) and bud lite. Already had me 3 shots, and happy cinco de mayo, though I'll have to save the real celibrating for tom. night, run day in the AM! :drinker:
  • faithikins
    Options
    Ok if I have 10 shots vodka with 5 cans s/f red bull I am under cals! This is the plan, can I do it. :smokin:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Go Faith!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I am making shrimp stuffed chile rellenos tonight for dinner so I think it will involve shots of tequila.

omg those sound SOOOOOO good! care to share the recipe?
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Ok if I have 10 shots vodka with 5 cans s/f red bull I am under cals! This is the plan, can I do it. :smokin:

Sounds like a good plan :drinker: If that doesn't work out for you...google the skinny margaritas...the ingrediants are tequila, agave nectar & limes. But, I imagine the red bull will ENERGIZE you as well.

We can do this Faith!!! We have to be stronger than the other lushes.

FYI, the vodka can SNEAK:glasses: up on you before you know it...especially, if you aren't used to it...Drinker :drinker: Beware
  • faithikins
    Options
    3 shots down in 15 mins, onto the 4th. I have counted out plastic shot glasses cause I know I will lose count. :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • faithikins
    Options
    On 12th shot, have skipped dinner cals :laugh: :laugh:
  • faithikins
    Options
    Is this my fourteenth shot or what... lost cooouunntttt :sad:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    UGH Liquor store was out of Skinny Girl last night :sad: So we picked up a bottle of Sauza Blanco tequila and took some very good advice from Better Balance and got the lite margarita mix and oranges and limes and made us some pretty tasty margaritas!!! More calories than the Skinny girl BUT I'm sure more booze :happy: Of course, by the time we got home from our walk and picking up the stuff it was 730 before we had our first drink and dinner, but it was a great night AND I felt good this morning for our 515 gym date!!!
    Tonight dinner with my mommy for Mother's day and 1/2 bottle of wine...hey its only 2 (BIG) glasses and that's it! Hopefully :wink:
    Happy Friday Everyone!