Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options

Replies

• mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm very sad that I can't seem to find Smirnoff light anywhere since we moved.

There's a Smirnoff light? How many fewer calories?
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I'm very sad that I can't seem to find Smirnoff light anywhere since we moved.

There's a Smirnoff light? How many fewer calories?

hmmmm, about 5 calories a gallon...drink up, my friend:bigsmile:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    haha..they're the smirnoff coolers, right?
    can you imagine if there was a 5 cal straight vodka? good lord, i'd be in trouble.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Blue Moon last night, probably wine tonight. REALLY need to go grocery shopping this weekend, this whole no food thing makes it tough to not turn to the sauce to fill calories :frown:

I'll be very good next week though :smile: I'll just chalk this week up to one abnormally lushy week and that I'm preparing for a lushy vacation :wink:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Facepalm8.gif

I have been off the boards the last 2 days and then I couldn't find y'all. :sad:

Last week and weekend was not so good. I drank Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Saturday we had an engagement party and Boyfriend made me try a shot called a Baby Guinness. It has a shot of Bailey's and the whole time all I could think about was someone telling me that Bailey's has the same amount of calories as a BIg Mac (I would have rather had the Big Mac :sick: )

This week has been better.

Mon 0
    Tues 0
    Wed (going to be 0)
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Blue Moon last night, probably wine tonight. REALLY need to go grocery shopping this weekend, this whole no food thing makes it tough to not turn to the sauce to fill calories :frown:

I'll be very good next week though :smile: I'll just chalk this week up to one abnormally lushy week and that I'm preparing for a lushy vacation :wink:

Blue Moon th_Drooling_smiley.gif
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    What, Bailey's has how many cals?? (I'd rather have a Big Mac too...)

Glad you found us, love!
  • tashjs21
    Options
    What, Bailey's has how many cals?? (I'd rather have a Big Mac too...)

Glad you found us, love!

I'd hear that a long time ago (before I was actually counting calories) but Google says it is actually only about 144 a serving. But that image has always stuck with me. :laugh:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Mon-weds = no drinks :happy:

Robin we all have days where we think what the heck and just drink or eat what we've said we wouldn't, that's life!

I've come to the realisation that my worst downfall is white wine. I can quite happily ignore the bottles of whiskey and vodka that I have in the house and the bottle of red wine that is open will be reserved for cooking only but if there was a bottle of white wine chilling in the fridge I would have a much much harder time resisting it.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I need a strategy for fri night to lower the cals. What gets you drunk to the equiv of 2 bottles of wine with half the cals? I've tried vodka and low cal soda but it's takes forever to kick in. Hmmm shots with a chaser? How many shots would I need? lol. Super lush needs help. :laugh: I usually use about 990 cals :embarassed:
  • butterflyinamber78
    butterflyinamber78 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes, the coolers, nice for mowing the lawn, can't exactly stand out there with a lawnmower and a shot glass... Depending on the scorce (sp) regular coolers have about 200 or so calories (give or take). The light ones have 110.

5 calorie vodka would have my poor liver in tears...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I need a strategy for fri night to lower the cals. What gets you drunk to the equiv of 2 bottles of wine with half the cals? I've tried vodka and low cal soda but it's takes forever to kick in. Hmmm shots with a chaser? How many shots would I need? lol. Super lush needs help. :laugh: I usually use about 990 cals :embarassed:

I like the lemon drop shots when I go out...rim a shot glass with a bit of sugar, fill with vodka, drink and bit the lemon...so, good....69 calories per shot, plus a little sugar and lemon

- or -

Sugar free jello shots...google some recipes
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Jack daniels and diet coke is my favourite, 90 cals per glass. Doesn't quite come in at half the calories of your 2 bottles of wine but I'm pissed as a fart after 6. Have to say though nothing gets me drunk as quickly as wine.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    the vodka and whiskey ideas are good. they get me way more drunk than wine does (maybe cuz i sip wine more? the others are like cold drinks that i down much more quickly).
    and i don't get the wine headache with them.
    the problem is it sneaks up on me..so i'm ok one minute and then i'm bombed. :drinker:
    i rarely get really drunk from wine..it usually just puts me to sleep.
    and i never drink more than one beer. it's just too filling for me.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    haha..they're the smirnoff coolers, right?
    can you imagine if there was a 5 cal straight vodka? good lord, i'd be in trouble.
    I'd be in heaven
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Big Mac 540 calories
    1.5 ounces of Bailey's between 94-150 calories depending on the entry.

Not quite the same.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    anyone else here have a total crappola day? handraise.gif
    i've already had one glass of wine and i'm thinking i might move to vodka.
    someone tell me not to. lol
    the good (or bad) news is i haven't eaten dinner yet. so i have plenty of calories.
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options

I hear you on the vodka, I get sick of whatever mix I am using before I get loadddded (as Ron White would say - I love him) Rum and diet/caffiene free coke is my choice. But I am thinking maybe drinking some of the things we don't really like might cut down the consumption? Ah, who am I kidding? :laugh: A day or two of vodka and diet tonic makes me long for rum and coke.

SoCalWoman- stay away from the vodka! There I told you but don't let that stop you! :bigsmile: Will vodka make you feel better or just rant and rave more? I find I get a bit repetitive. :yawn:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    the good (or bad) news is i haven't eaten dinner yet. so i have plenty of calories.

:sick: :sick: :sick: