nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Amy, that was a mouthful....craziness, fo'sho
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks
    that's two down, 12 to go. This will be hard, I forgot about cinco de mayo. mmm, margs sound good, I better stay away from them!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Hey, I had to get it all out in one!

Sunday=0

My goal is 0 until Friday night. Fingers crossed!!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks
    that's two down, 12 to go. This will be hard, I forgot about cinco de mayo. mmm, margs sound good, I better stay away from them!

I'm gonna try those skinny girl margaritas on thursday....100calories for 4oz :happy:
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Hi all!!

Well since I started MFP me and OH have been pretty good with reducing our alcohol intake. However last week was just a total write-off LOL - starting with Good Friday. Wine, beer, gin *sigh* And no exercise (we were away most of the week so although I took my resistance bands and the Turbo Fire Tone 30 DVD with me I only got a chance to use it once). Whoops.

We have a half-bottle of red wine to finish - am sure that will go tonight after horse riding - and then that's it for the next 2 weeks at least!! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks

I'm gonna try those skinny girl margaritas on thursday....100calories for 4oz :happy:

I am a fan of those skinny margs...you can mix them with a little perrier if you'd like because they can sneak up on you:sick:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    :
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks

I am a fan of those skinny margs...you can mix them with a little perrier if you'd like because they can sneak up on you:sick:

That's what I'm hoping for :laugh: I have 3 4oz drinks accounted for!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    :
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks

That's what I'm hoping for :laugh: I have 3 4oz drinks accounted for!!!!!!!! :drinker:

I think they also make jello shots that are marg flavored...I was going to look for the "recipe" and make a few...a friend of mine want to have jello wars...anybody have super creative ideas so that I can come out TOP LUSH
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    So Friday, my plan was to drink wine and some vodka, but I only ended up doing the wine.

Friday: 2 - 4 oz. servings of Moscato

This weekend might be the vodka! :-)
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Due to lack of food in the house and needing calories ... 4 glasses of wine last night.

Boyfriend will be late at work all this week, so it may be a lushy week. Nothing like kicking back with the pups watching my shows and having a few glasses to enjoy some alone time :smile: I'd rather have wine than order cheese steaks everynight! Well not really but for some reason the wine seems like the lesser of two evils :drinker:

I'll be needing over 2500 calories today and will try to fill them mostly with food but need to spread the food out over the next few days so I see wine in my night tonight as well. Once we go grocery shopping this weekend, I'll get back to the dry week, boy does that sound like the lushiest statement or what :noway:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    :
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks

I think they also make jello shots that are marg flavored...I was going to look for the "recipe" and make a few...a friend of mine want to have jello wars...anybody have super creative ideas so that I can come out TOP LUSH

TOP LUSH, Love it!!! :love:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    :
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks

Another alternative to skinny girl and i think just as good (if not better) is just taking tequila and mixing with carb free (sugar free) margarita mix, a little triple sec and a fresh lime slice. The mix has about 10 calories for 8 oz, so a rocks glass size provides about 100 calories for 1 drink. I was drinking those last month and ran out of mix. I may have to get more.

I have been thinking about detoxing for a week or two. However my husband and I are trying for babies so I figure once I get prego, I'll have to detox for 9 months, so I might as well get it all in now right? :wink:
  • MickyMo
    MickyMo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow am I glad to have found this Topic. Here I thought I was the only one struggling to give up the rum I so enjoy and lose weight at the same time. I try to go without but it's so hard on the weekends!!! The problem is, when I drink, the next day all I want to do is EAT!!!!!!!!!!!! If I could get up and exercise the next day like some of you mentioned . . . that would be awesome. That is the only thing that gets rid of alcohol is to work it off within 24 hrs (heard that from somewhere).

Anyway, glad to know I'm not the only one that likes to drink and can be accepted and not criticized for it. WHOOO HOOO!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    :
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks

Another alternative to skinny girl and i think just as good (if not better) is just taking tequila and mixing with carb free (sugar free) margarita mix, a little triple sec and a fresh lime slice. The mix has about 10 calories for 8 oz, so a rocks glass size provides about 100 calories for 1 drink. I was drinking those last month and ran out of mix. I may have to get more.

I have been thinking about detoxing for a week or two. However my husband and I are trying for babies so I figure once I get prego, I'll have to detox for 9 months, so I might as well get it all in now right? :wink:

What a splendid idea, thanks for tip :wink:

Good point about the detox too....seriously 9mths plus breastfeeding is plenty detox :laugh:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mick!
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    Happy May all! Still new but loving this thread. Weekend away on the motorcycle led to overconsumption of alcohol. Not even worth counting. Hungover Monday, but worked today and just finished Kenpo X decided to celebrate feeling better with a little vodka in my water. Hoping everyone is having a splendid start to May

Tenaya
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I did try that skinny girl marg and it is was decent but it went super fast. I was drinking from a pint glass like I normally do with margs and it was gone in a snap. It tasted ok though! Oh well... :drinker:

I am back on Three Olives Dude Vodka with diet supernova mtn dew. Its a great drink!

I thought about detox for a bit but hey pffftttt who needs that! :sad:
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    I did try that skinny girl marg and it is was decent but it went super fast. I was drinking from a pint glass like I normally do with margs and it was gone in a snap. It tasted ok though! Oh well... :drinker:

I am back on Three Olives Dude Vodka with diet supernova mtn dew. Its a great drink!

Three Olives and Dt Dew sounds delish! Going to have to try that.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options

Totally off subject but what kind of dog is that in your pic? It looks just like mine did about a year and a half ago!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Woohoo day 1 of no alcohol :happy:

However sod's law has dictated that now I've decided to give up alcohol for the month my friend has invited me out for drinks on Friday and I haven't seen her in months :grumble: