Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Did OK Friday...about 5-6 drinks. Saturday was an all day drinking fest. Had about 9 drinks over the day, maybe more. Sunday was going to be a non drink day, but my husband and I met friends for late Cuban lunch after we played golf so that required sangria. They came back and we had a few glasses of wine.

Su - 2 sangria, 3 wine

I'm going for a dry Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday again this week. Saturday is Derby and I live in Louisville and we're having a party, so I may try to take it easy Friday as well. Cage the Elephant is playing a free concert downtown for Derby festivities Thursday so may check that out and drink that night also. Derby in KY is NOT the time to try to cut back on the booze. :wink:
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Did good with my food intake this weekend but not so much with the alcohol. I logged most of it but lost track at some point saturday night. It was a lushy weekend, cooking out with friends always turns out that way!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Derby in KY is NOT the time to try to cut back on the booze. :wink:

I so wish I was there...

McDebbie, I sent you the information
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Made it through yesterday with taking a break from counting. I know I went over but it was one day and it was actually a nice little boost to really hit the work outs hard this week. 24 days until the cruise, loving the way my arms are looking but I'd like to see if I can get them even better =]

Blue Moon, wine, blood orange margarita, cheese steak, chips and salsa and chicken tinga tacos yesterday and I don't feel guilty at all :smile:

Going to really push myself on P90X Chest and Back today and then put in a short stationary bike ride. Staying dry until Friday but might try to cut out Friday's as well since I always seem to have drinks on Sundays and I'd like to keep it to 2 days. Not sure that will start this Friday as I'll be with my mom and Gramma and we always have wine together :drinker:

Good luck to everyone on their daily/weekly goals!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Happy May all!
    I too am going to try to detox and be good this week. Cinco de Mayo this week and it seems like everyone is drinking beer and eating chips/salsa and great mexican food around here. I'm going to do my best to exercise and stay within my calories.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Sounds super fun but do i really have to post pictures of myself cause I really don't like the way I look in them!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Robin!

Well.... go figure I pretty much got rocked all weekend. Both of us had off and we both love to party down so that equated to drinking pretty much all weekend. Also kinda ate like complete crap and didn't work out. :noway:

I really dont feel bad cause I was so good last week with eating and stuff. I can feel myself getting into warmer weather mentality. That basically means grilling out almost nightly and drinking like a mad man. Something about sitting outside in good weather like auto starts my livers need to kick its own *kitten*.... Who knows....

Here's to WI weather getting a lil better and the grills getting a lil hotter! :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    OK so I had 2 beers last night, but they were the BIG bottles so not quite as good as it sounds. Anyway that's me done with alcohol for the rest of May, yep that wasn't a typo, I'm going alcohol free until June. :huh:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Hi all!!! Glad I found the new thread! I really need to check in here more often, I think it helps me. And I want to do better keeping up with you all, too! My husband is working out of state during the week, so I am on my own weekdays. Tending to use an extra drink to help me sleep, or just because I get bored. Then on the weekends we trying to get as much as possible out of our time together, so we’ve gone out a few times. You know the routine, a drink before dinner and glass of wine here and beer there. I’m maintaining but not losing at any steady pace! SO, trying this again. I will be driving to Palm Springs on Thursday afternoon, so will just set the goal for between now and then! Day one of no drinks today. I’ll let you know how it goes!!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Sat - had 2 abusive customers in one day so came home and had 2.5 bottles of wine. I got seriously drunk which was the intention.
    Sun-0
    Mon-0

Hoping Kim's contest will get me back on track, I was so close to losing 10kg and now I've gained 2 back again over Easter etc. :sad:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hope I don't sound stupid asking but what the hell does bump mean?
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    When you post in a thread you are automatically subscribed to that thread so it will come up under "My Topics" the next time you log on. If someone wants to subscribe but does not have anything to post they post "bump".

In other message boards you may have seen "bump" used to move the thread back to the top of the thread list to get more feedback.
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm so glad I found this thread! Happily into 2 margaritas for my birthday celebration...thinking of getting a little exercise, even with a small buzz on! Time to dance!!
    **clink** Cheers!

**UPDATE** This is a cautionary tale. I decided to do a Golds Gym Dance Workout after having 2 margaritas yesterday and now I have to admit that wasn't such a good idea after all! I threw my back out jumping rope. I managed to make it through the rest of the day either bent over or in the hot tub, on muscle relaxers, 600 mg of ibuprofen and 1 tall skinny girl margarita, 2 tall sangrias and a beer before hitting the sack at 8:30. Today I had to go to the doctors and got a shot of Toradol. So no workouts for me for a while and definitely no drinking before a workout again!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Su: 5
    M: 0

Friends coming over tonight to help with the basement and bro-in-law and his son coming for dinner on Wednesday. I'm going to try for alcohol free tonight but we'll see. Usually the friend and I polish off a couple bottles of wine. I'm feeling crappy b/c of allergies, so may refrain only for that.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Off to a good start on the week.
    Monday 0 drinks. it wasn't that hard yesterday.

Yvonne, good luck on forgoing the month of May. I could never do that with my anniversary and Birthday thrown into the month. I am sure you will do it though. You are so strong willed.

Mskatec22 - I don't like to exersize buzzed for that exact reason.

faith - I am sure you will lose it again. Wish I could say the same for the 20pounds I put back on since last August.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 5 Dos Equis, 1/2 Miller Lite

Tuesday is questionable...Plan is for zero drinks today although I start the competition tomorrow and this would be a final HOORAY:drinker: :drinker:

Cinco de Mayo is Thursday and that should really be the only day that sets me back...I work the weekend; so, that should a no-brainer, right??
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    You can do it Kim. Stick with me this week. just think zero's for the rest of the week. we can do it together.

5 dos equis so you already celebrated cinco de Mayo early :wink: so no need to do it again on thursday. (but of course I will support your choices what ever they are!)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Indeed, I often joke that I'm a lush. I love me a cocktail or two after a stressful day. And I love hanging out with hubby on Saturday nights, mixing drinks, and watching movies. I try to only have a Saturday night drinking fest every two weeks, but sometimes it's every Saturday. And then I really try not to drink during the week, but last night I had a glass of wine. Just one. But it was delish!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    You can do it Kim. Stick with me this week. just think zero's for the rest of the week. we can do it together.

5 dos equis so you already celebrated cinco de Mayo early :wink: so no need to do it again on thursday. (but of course I will support your choices what ever they are!)

I'll definitely not consume tonight to be in solidarity with you. However, my gf and I were already discussing comsumption on Thursday. I think they are having activities such as bobbing for avocados, frozen t-shirts contests, DJ, etc...
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    The Cinco festivities around here are amateur night, so we usually stay home...

So, the trip to Moab. We left the house at 10 a.m. I started drinking around 10:45. During the trip, we got the car up to 140 mph, ran out of gas about 10 miles into Utah, paid a hippie $40 to drive us 2 miles to the gas station and back. We got to the campsite...it was WINDY! So we drank more, slept in the car. Next morning...ate breakfast, went hiking around the park, saw the wedding, started drinking, hiked, kept drinking, drank some more. At 6 p.m. decided it was too frelling windy to stay and camp, so we left. We did.not drink. Vail pass was scary, we made it home in just under 6 hours and I DID NOT drink at all yesterday.

Fin.