Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    i just stopped..and forced myself to eat some chicken off the grill.
    i feel better already. :smile:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    ..........the good (or bad) news is i haven't eaten dinner yet. so i have plenty of calories........

I decided I wanted to up the time of my cardio on resistance days and so I also, have a lot of calories as of right now. Currently on glass 2 of wine, cheap stuff though, so not a lot of calories, where as my Blue Moon is 171 cals but I've only got 1 left :frown:

Had a great shoulders and arms work out, can't wait to up my weights soon :smile: Unfortunately with getting sick, worst timing ever, my schedule got thrown off, so next week instead of taking a "rest" week, I'll be going straight into month 2 of the X, so that my rest week will fall on vacation and that way I just have to worry about getting cardio in everyday.

I'm feeling very blessed tonight, I'm seeing a lot of relationships falling apart around me and I'm so thankful that after 8 years with my boyfriend, we're still just as in love as when we first got together. I'm usually not this much of a girl but with all the unforunate events happening and couples breaking up, I'm just feeling really happy that I've got a wonderful boyfriend and 3 amazing fur children :smile:

Alright, enough of the chick flick moment haha, have a great night everyone :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I just celebrated my 24th anniversary and i have a great kid. so i should focus more on your "chick flick" moment and quit my b!tch!n. :grumble:
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling very blessed tonight, I'm seeing a lot of relationships falling apart around me and I'm so thankful that after 8 years with my boyfriend, we're still just as in love as when we first got together. I'm usually not this much of a girl but with all the unforunate events happening and couples breaking up, I'm just feeling really happy that I've got a wonderful boyfriend and 3 amazing fur children :smile:

strange, i also have a slew of friends going through seperations (several with young two-legged children:frown: )
    my husband and i feel so lucky to still totally have crushes on each other after 13 yrs ... i need to stay with him anyhow, he doesn't drink wine so i never have to worry that he'd polish off my bottle ... match made in heaven!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    i need to stay with him anyhow, he doesn't drink wine so i never have to worry that he'd polish off my bottle ... match made in heaven!

And, you have a designated driver...:bigsmile:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Socal - I certainly have my moments and obviously things aren't always fantastic but without the bad times there wouldn't be any good times but rather "average" times and we certainly wouldn't appreciate the good times as much without the rough times.

Foodie - My boyfriend drinks wine as well, in fact we are starting a wine cellar. He doesn't drink during the week though and we usually drink different beers so he won't ever polish of my stuff however I polished off his beer last week haha. As far as splitting up when you have kids, as a kid of divorce, I'd sort of rather people not try and stay together just because they have kids because that more times than not, makes things even worse and then the kids see all the bad, whereas if you just split up, yeah you have to explain some things when they can understand but then they won't be around all the fighting.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    [/quote]
    ....And, you have a designated driver...:bigsmile:
    [/quote]

i have one of those. the husband rarely drinks.
    and now the son just got his license. so we make him drive us home if we all go out to eat and we have a glass of wine or 2. i knew that kid would come in handy one day. :bigsmile:
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm so glad I found this thread! Happily into 2 margaritas for my birthday celebration...thinking of getting a little exercise, even with a small buzz on! Time to dance!!
    **clink** Cheers!
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you like margaritas try crysal lights margarita drink mix for 10 cals for two servings and 69 cals per oz of tequila..Thats a pretty low cal awesome drink if you ask me lol
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Kat, your chick flick moment made me all squishy.

Love,
    Dot, whose husband is being a total d-bag today and is in a crappy mood and will most likely "take it out" on her when he gets home from grad school
    (by "take it out" I mean be an *kitten* and be snippy with me, lest anyone think he beats me or anything.)

So, I'm having a Skinny Girl Marg. :drinker:

Sunday=lots
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=1
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Oh, low cal drinks...
    I usually order my (insert whatever flavor I'm drinking here) vodka and mixer (diet soda or club soda) as a double tall, and then I drink it through a straw. It gets me pretty tipsy pretty quickly!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

Sunday=lots
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=1

What quantity constitues 1 drink, 4 oz?? I count the whole bottle as 5. Just wondering how far this lush is off the alcohol meter...
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join your little group. I gotta have a beer or something just about every evening... I've found a way to figure it into my calories... I just don't see myself living without a beer or a glass of wine... plus, I totally need a cheat day or something every month or so to have a few drinks :-) :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    welcome llyodmel. jump right in.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am trashed. Didnt mean to get trashed, just a few glassesof wine at home. Cals way over 1200 goal. White wine tonight. Uggh.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Heck, Kim...I have no idea. My neighbor poured it for me and it's in one glass. :laugh:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Kat, your chick flick moment made me all squishy.

Love,
    Dot, whose husband is being a total d-bag today and is in a crappy mood and will most likely "take it out" on her when he gets home from grad school
    (by "take it out" I mean be an *kitten* and be snippy with me, lest anyone think he beats me or anything.)

Sunday=lots
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=1

:noway:

Somehow I was blessed with a boyfriend who's pretty much, no matter what, in a good mood. I'm the one with the terrible temper :explode: I don't even blame it on being Irish, I simply have a temper and when I'm hungry or when it's time for the monthly, I just let myself get set off by stupid little things. He's so good at bringing me back down though and making me laugh. He truely balances me out and he and I being opposites definitely works for us :heart:

Enjoy your marg!!! Is it the Bethenny Frankel Skinny girl marg? I still want to try that, I love her and in so many ways am like her and by ways I mean the ways in which she's very blunt and not entirely "lady like" whatever the heck that means haha.
  • Kat120285
    Options

Sunday=lots
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=1

What quantity constitues 1 drink, 4 oz?? I count the whole bottle as 5. Just wondering how far this lush is off the alcohol meter...

For me, one drink is one serving, so 5oz of wine, or 12oz of beer or a shot of hard stuff which should be 1.5 oz.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options

strange, i also have a slew of friends going through seperations (several with young two-legged children:frown: )
    my husband and i feel so lucky to still totally have crushes on each other after 13 yrs ... i need to stay with him anyhow, he doesn't drink wine so i never have to worry that he'd polish off my bottle ... match made in heaven!
    It is strange, or a sign of the times, lots of couples breaking up or giving up around us too. Grateful for the 25 years with the love of my life. It's been a wild ride with ups and downs but wouldn't trade it for anything. But enough with the chick flick moment.
    Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 0
    Wednesday = 0
    Tomorrow starts a 4 day weekend.
  • Kat120285
    Options

It is strange, or a sign of the times, lots of couples breaking up or giving up around us too. Grateful for the 25 years with the love of my life. It's been a wild ride with ups and downs but wouldn't trade it for anything. But enough with the chick flick moment.
    Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 0
    Wednesday = 0
    Tomorrow starts a 4 day weekend.

Definitely a sign of the times, people don't give relationships a chance anymore or they just rush things and/or both. Seems that people these days don't take it seriously, which for some is fine, if they don't want the kids and family thing. I admit, I was never the girl who dreamt about getting married and never liked kids. Only when I met my boyfriend and after being together for a few years, did I think about marriage and kids. That's how I knew he was the right guy for me. I'm only 25 so I still have time for marriage and kids but the one thing I'm certain about is that he is the one I want to spend my "old" years with :smile: I often feel guilty because my amazing bestfriend hasn't found the right guy yet and she is one of the most amazing people I know and deserves it so much. I know she'll find someone though, for some they find "the one" early and for others, it's later in life and/or not at all :ohwell: And THAT, is why I kick myself in the *kitten* sometimes and remember that I've got something really special that a lot of others don't, including my lovely mom :frown: