Pregnancy 2011- May

Options

Replies

• AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    This is the longest 2 weeks of my life.. Well im in the finall count down i have 13 days to go thank god.. :flowerforyou: im soo happy just to be done with the back pains.. lol i havent had bh contractions or anything like that so im like whats going on.. my doc says its ok just i havent had anything like that.. im still moble.. just my back hurts thats about it.. i still do all the gym things. heck i go more now than i did before i was expecting. i still do all the things that i use to do.. so im lucky i guess.. but im just tired of being preg.. lol i just want to be done.. but at the sametime im sooo afraid to be a mom and the pain.. u know its just freaky.. I know miguel my husband will be the most amazing dad.. but idk about me..

Try not to freak out and worry TOO much! :wink: I never figured I'd be a mom, nor really had any overwhelming desire to be one, but I have a 4 yr old now and it's like - how would my life be otherwise? I can't imagine! The thing about being a mom - you don't really have options other than to be the best mom you can be and it's actually pretty hard to fail at that (well, I suppose you DO have the option to be a crazy negligent person, but no one on here will be that from what i can tell!) and you just pick it up as you go. If you are calm about things and don't worry too much or freak out, the answers usually show themselves. I knew pretty much nothing about babies (save some years ago babysitting) when I had mine, but whattaya gonna do but just figure it out? They're actually not that hard / complicated, and also surprisingly resilient and tough! - Patience is my hardest issue to work on, especially now with a toddler / little person with an attitude of his own and the attention span of a goldfish!
    the one thing im afraid like im a heavey sleeper.. like there was a fire next door like i mean 5 feet away..2 fire trucks and ppl screaming.. i slept through it.. lol.. idk its just odd thinking of myself as a mother..im like selfish.. i havent even changed a diaper ever! also children scream when i hold them or they are afraid of me.. like they think imma kill them.. or idk..ppl say it comes naturally, but alot of things that come naturally for ppl dont seem to come to me.. i have twisted since of humor.. heck im running still..im even welding things on my car... still.. so idk im just afraid that im gonna be a bad mom...

That changes when you become a mum. I used to sleep through anything but now I wake at the slightest noise my child makes in the middle of the night.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Mamatoabunch Posts: 749
    Options

the one thing im afraid like im a heavey sleeper.. like there was a fire next door like i mean 5 feet away..2 fire trucks and ppl screaming.. i slept through it.. lol.. idk its just odd thinking of myself as a mother..im like selfish.. i havent even changed a diaper ever! also children scream when i hold them or they are afraid of me.. like they think imma kill them.. or idk..ppl say it comes naturally, but alot of things that come naturally for ppl dont seem to come to me.. i have twisted since of humor.. heck im running still..im even welding things on my car... still.. so idk im just afraid that im gonna be a bad mom...

Have baby sleep in your room, but mom instinct is heightened after birth, you are unlikely to sleep like you did before. It is normal. Bad moms do drugs, drink and ignore their kids for days, don't feed them, you, I doubt will do these things and will not be a bad mom. I am selfish, why not, I am a person too. My sleep is number #1 priority, everyone knows it. No one screws w/ my sleep, the only one that gets slack is a new baby, LOL.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Most people forget that you are 'pregnant' for about 4 weeks before you even realise you are and then it's 9 months after that that baby is usually born. The extra 4 weeks is your body preparing to have a baby (even if you don't have one) and the implantation process.

That's a good way to think about it.
  • AnneElise
    Options

Have baby sleep in your room, but mom instinct is heightened after birth, you are unlikely to sleep like you did before. It is normal. Bad moms do drugs, drink and ignore their kids for days, don't feed them, you, I doubt will do these things and will not be a bad mom. I am selfish, why not, I am a person too. My sleep is number #1 priority, everyone knows it. No one screws w/ my sleep, the only that gets slack is a new baby, LOL.

I like the way you think
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    ok here i go trying it! Still dont like this one too much but perhaps now that I am showing a bit more of a rounded belly I will like taking more. Don't mind the awful slicked back hair...

DSC02661-2.jpg
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Pmaria- good luck at your apt!

Sheri- we miss you! How is your little one?

Renee- I am sure I will feel the same the last two weeks.

Rachel- I can't wait to see your bump.

Ron- I feel you on the money. Yikes I hate spending that much.

Jenzimmer- I love the chart. Thanks for sharing. I am 7 months... Yikes.

ReginA- great exercise! I can't wait for your us results!

Mel- I can tell you are a great mom!

Afm: I figure I may be on this ipad for a week so I should get used to it and try to respond. Anything people are doing about feet swelling?
  • AnneElise
    Options
    ok here i go trying it! Still dont like this one too much but perhaps now that I am showing a bit more of a rounded belly I will like taking more.

DSC02661-2.jpg

Aww we posted at the same time. Love the bump!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    AnneElise- I've only had swolen feet twice. I just made sure to chug the water and elevate my feet. They were back to normal the next day.

Rachel- So cute!!!

So my back pain is, at times, excruciating. It's in one very specific spot, feels like a disk or bone is out of place, and is keeping me from being able to sleep or even move regularly. Is it really normal? I thought I'd have a sore or achey back, not a very specific spot that feels like I'm going to be down for the count if I move a certain way. It really does feel like an injury, not a pregnancy symptom. Then again, I've never hurt my back or been pregnant. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Afm: I figure I may be on this ipad for a week so I should get used to it and try to respond. Anything people are doing about feet swelling?

Dandelion helps alot.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    AnneElise- I've only had swolen feet twice. I just made sure to chug the water and elevate my feet. They were back to normal the next day.

Rachel- So cute!!!

So my back pain is, at times, excruciating. It's in one very specific spot, feels like a disk or bone is out of place, and is keeping me from being able to sleep or even move regularly. Is it really normal? I thought I'd have a sore or achey back, not a very specific spot that feels like I'm going to be down for the count if I move a certain way. It really does feel like an injury, not a pregnancy symptom. Then again, I've never hurt my back or been pregnant. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I have not had this but I would maybe call my dr. To make sure it is normal. Sorry about the pain.

My feet have been doing it all this week with the heat. I have been chugging water today to see if it will help.
  • AnneElise
    Options

Dandelion helps alot.

I keep forgetting to get that. This weekend!
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @Rachel - Thanks. yup :frown: AF came and went. I swear it's DH that gets the PMS, not me! LOL! AWESOME baby bump! Too Cute!
    @Danielle - OMG! your change table is BEAUTIFUL! How nice that Avery will have something specially made by Daddy
    @AnneElise - Thanks. Sorry about the mess with your cable metre. That sucks.
    @Peanut - you will be a great mom. it's instinct. it will amaze you how you will just "know" that which cry means hungry, tired, poopy, etc. I was such a sound sleeper, i could get out of bed, turn off the alarm, crawl back IN bed and go back to sleep, WITHOUT remembering it! Drove my parents NUTS!!! it's crazy how you will just wake up, BEFORE your baby even stirs.
    @Jenzimmer - that's the chart I used when preggo with DD and DS. :)

ETA:
    AFM - Mother's day weekend was nice. a little hectic but worth it. Saturday, I had the kids alone again. (DH worked until 6pm) took them shopping for gluten free cake mix. went to a friends to have my tarot cards read. (meh) baked gluten free cake for SIL, gave kids bath, supper, then tidied the house for sitter. went with DH to a friend's b'day. they made a bon fire in their back yard and we had some drinks, snacks and b'day cake outside. it was NICE.
    Sunday, DH let me sleep in until 10:30!!! I made scrambled eggs for breaky. (rare b/c DH is recently allergic and I don't like to tease him) Decorated cake for SIL. i took kids to my mom's for a bit (played at park with cousins and Grandpa) while DH went to his moms to fix computer. then I went to MIL's for supper with the kids. celebrated SIL's b'day. came home put kids to bed. Yeesh! that was a busy weekend! LOL!

I'm feeling better today. Helped at kids school. Secretary was at a conference and school was short staffed. I stacked the milk order into the refrigerators, took an hour. Had a good talk with DH and things are back to normal. I SWEAR *HE* gets pms, not ME! ROFL! Then while out for supper tonight, met a mom and DD from out of town. offered her a ride to TRU to save her bus/cab fare b/c it's too far to walk. making up with DH and 2 good deeds makes me feel really good.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Daphne - I hope I have a bump as cute as yours at 36 weeks !!!

Danielle - that cabinet is amazing, love a hubby who can do work like that and what perfect mothers day to be surprise!

Jen Z - I feel you on the hubby not getting the weeks thing, mine is so clueless that he told somebody recently that I was 10 months pregnant - WHAT ??!!?? :laugh: AND I just noticed we are only 5 days apart !!

Mel - beautiful horse, you must have been sad to let her go :brokenheart:

Regina - hope you managed to step away from the cookies - I'm in the same boat this evening, hubby loves me to make cookies for him, just need to stop after I eat ONE !

Peanut - just the fact that you ARE worrying about it means you won't be a bad mommy.

Rachel - Super cute bump :flowerforyou:

Julie - Hope you are OK, it's not like you to miss a whole day of posting. How was your mom yesterday? I imagine it was a very emotional day. Hugs :heart: :flowerforyou:

EVERYONE - NY = weed wacker for sure

SO, my mum called today (and my dad) asking when I wanted them to come and help, sweet. So I think they will both come for the first month or so and them my mum will stay for maybe 6 months. She did say that she would leave anytime I get sick of her but it would be a huge help. I'm planning to do about 6 months maternity leave.
    Any advice on this front? Do you think it's too long? She will be living with us but we have plenty of space. They are both retired so can come and go as they please but they also live on another continent.

Got my glucose test in the morning - fingers crossed.

see you all tomorrow
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    A woman I work with is due the day before me but she's scheduled for a C/S two weeks out. Do they do this simply so there is "no chance" that you will go into labor before they can C/S you? It sounds so counter intuitive to take the baby potentially too early just to avoid possibly going into labor by waiting longer. I do understand some extreme cases, but, considering that this woman is still working for another 2 weeks first... I am guessing her's is rather "routine." If I weren't able to have a VBAC option I think I would refuse a C/S more than 3-4 days before my due date. I mean, even if you go into labor, there is probably "plenty" of time to get you in for a C/S if you "need" one - dang Drs just wanting to schedule their days!

ACOG has redone and now reaffirmed their stance, along w/ the March of Dimes that no baby should be sectioned before 39 weeks. There have been too many babies taken so early or earlier thinking they are a certain gestation, only to find their were earlier gestation or babies at term, 37 + weeks that are term, but are admitted to NICU for breathing issues.

Is the only rationing behind it simply to preempt any possible going into labor?
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    This is the longest 2 weeks of my life.. Well im in the finall count down i have 13 days to go thank god.. :flowerforyou: im soo happy just to be done with the back pains.. lol i havent had bh contractions or anything like that so im like whats going on.. my doc says its ok just i havent had anything like that.. im still moble.. just my back hurts thats about it.. i still do all the gym things. heck i go more now than i did before i was expecting. i still do all the things that i use to do.. so im lucky i guess.. but im just tired of being preg.. lol i just want to be done.. but at the sametime im sooo afraid to be a mom and the pain.. u know its just freaky.. I know miguel my husband will be the most amazing dad.. but idk about me..

Try not to freak out and worry TOO much! :wink: I never figured I'd be a mom, nor really had any overwhelming desire to be one, but I have a 4 yr old now and it's like - how would my life be otherwise? I can't imagine! The thing about being a mom - you don't really have options other than to be the best mom you can be and it's actually pretty hard to fail at that (well, I suppose you DO have the option to be a crazy negligent person, but no one on here will be that from what i can tell!) and you just pick it up as you go. If you are calm about things and don't worry too much or freak out, the answers usually show themselves. I knew pretty much nothing about babies (save some years ago babysitting) when I had mine, but whattaya gonna do but just figure it out? They're actually not that hard / complicated, and also surprisingly resilient and tough! - Patience is my hardest issue to work on, especially now with a toddler / little person with an attitude of his own and the attention span of a goldfish!

You sound like me :) other than the heavy sleeper thing :) I wake at... well, anything :grumble:. I am sure that you will find a happy medium there- of waking up when needing as well as being able to sleep if the baby is just fussing to fuss. I worked my horses (ground not riding), carried 50lb feed sacks etc up to the day I went into labor. Went to work a full day in labor. This time still do spin twice a week, swim a mile twice a week... have a twisted sense of humor as well. People usually don't quite know what to make of it :) Currently if anyone (whether I know them or not) asks me how I am, I say "fat" :laugh:. People I know ask me how my 4 yr old is and I say "annoying" or "obnoxious". I offer to sell him to people who tell me he's cute. Special price! Today only! :laugh: Your baby will scream when you hold it too! Sometimes you won't care. Sometimes it will drive you insane and you will want to give it away to the next person you see! :laugh: I think all moms consider smothering their children at one point! The difference between the good moms and the bad moms is the good moms only THINK about it! :laugh: :laugh: I think some people on here have mentioned too about the whole "flood of emotion" when the baby is born. I never had that with my son that - oh my gosh this is my baby and I love it so much. I had to get to know him before he grew on me. That's, I would say, totally normal, but I dont think many people say it because people don't consider it normal. A mom is expected to suddenly and immeasurably just adore their baby from the second they see it. Personally, I think infants are gross and rather useless! I'm looking forward to a 3-9 month old. I don't have much interest in a baby baby.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    joonz - you totally look pregnant! Cute!
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    \Peanut - just the fact that you ARE worrying about it means you won't be a bad mommy.

I agree! Bad moms just don't care either way or give it a second thought.
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options

You sound like me :) other than the heavy sleeper thing :) I wake at... well, anything :grumble:. I am sure that you will find a happy medium there- of waking up when needing as well as being able to sleep if the baby is just fussing to fuss. I worked my horses (ground not riding), carried 50lb feed sacks etc up to the day I went into labor. Went to work a full day in labor. This time still do spin twice a week, swim a mile twice a week... have a twisted sense of humor as well. People usually don't quite know what to make of it :) Currently if anyone (whether I know them or not) asks me how I am, I say "fat" :laugh:. People I know ask me how my 4 yr old is and I say "annoying" or "obnoxious". I offer to sell him to people who tell me he's cute. Special price! Today only! :laugh: Your baby will scream when you hold it too! Sometimes you won't care. Sometimes it will drive you insane and you will want to give it away to the next person you see! :laugh: I think all moms consider smothering their children at one point! The difference between the good moms and the bad moms is the good moms only THINK about it! :laugh: :laugh: I think some people on here have mentioned too about the whole "flood of emotion" when the baby is born. I never had that with my son that - oh my gosh this is my baby and I love it so much. I had to get to know him before he grew on me. That's, I would say, totally normal, but I dont think many people say it because people don't consider it normal. A mom is expected to suddenly and immeasurably just adore their baby from the second they see it. Personally, I think infants are gross and rather useless! I'm looking forward to a 3-9 month old. I don't have much interest in a baby baby.
    yea i know im overly concerned i have everything that she nees at this point in time 2300 dipaers nb size to 3, clothing till shes 24 mo old.. u name it shes got it... im a bargen shopper CL etc.. its sad.. lol imm be working till the day i deliver... i cant sit still i have to do something i still mow my lawn i pain my house.. i clean.. cook and do the laundry and work a full 45 hr work week at my job.. love OT.. good money.. and i go to the gym. its just i have odd quarks.. like you..the one day price thing is great my parents were the same thing.. im the parent who if the kid falls, look at them and say ur fine get back up.. lol.. my husband and i are both black belts in martial arts. we are odd. we have couples meetings AKA full contact sparring in our front yard.. but we have the best marrage on earth.. lol cause of that. i hate shopping im the most relaxed when im at home in jammies.. lol its sad... lol.. im like my mom.. hey look the suns out get out side and play or ill kill you... type of mom.. I dont have cable at my house.. lol i have to go to the gym to see shows i like.. lol.. people ask me oh hows alison doing... uhhh well shes there and kicking me so i guess shes good.. you want me to ask her... what..
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Is the only rationing behind it simply to preempt any possible going into labor?
    According to Today's Parent (www.todaysparent.com)
    "Only five percent of women actually deliver on their due date! But unless you are way off in your memory of when your last period was or your cycles are very irregular, your baby is very likely to be born within two weeks either side of your due date. "

I had DD at 41+1 and tried a VBAC for DS. I had him at 39+6. Some women barely make it to 39w. I don't know the complications of performing a c-sect while in labour, but I sure wouldn't want to wait while in labour b/c a surgeon / anesthetist / O.R. wasn't available. I'm all for keeping baby "baking" until ready, so for my next one, I was planning on asking OB to schedule closer to 39w b/c I have a history of carrying at least to full term.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

That is one reason. It is much more convenient to section a women at 10an, scheduled, than to come in at 3am to do a section on a planned c/s that has gone into labor at that time. Also, many OB's perpetrate the myth that there is a reason that going into labor is dangerous, ie, VBACing women, etc.