Pregnancy 2011- May

Options

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Julie – yea for 7 months!!!

Amanda – I’m glad everyone is doing well, he’s a cutie pie! Great job on the weight loss!!

AnneElise – I think we’re all entitled to have a “when will this be over moment?” every once in a while.

Jen – I usually say it in weeks when I’m talking to women who have been pregnant before. If I’m talking to someone else I say it in months but I round up, right now I’m in between 4 and 4.5 so I’ll just say 4.5 months.

Lynn – I’m so jealous, I want Mondays off. Hubby is home today too, he works and extra half hour each day and gets one Monday off a month. It’s so hard to go to work on the days he’s off, but that’s life I guess. And having a toddler come over is always a good way to see what needs to be changes around in your house, I know mine is going to take a lot to baby proof.

Sthorp – baby dust!!! I hope this is your month!!!

Brittony – it’s now called a weedwacker??? :noway: That’s what I’ve always called it. We have 2 and hubby hates them, he uses a machete to trim…the neighbors think he’s nuts. :laugh:

Racheal – I’ve never heard of Amazon Mom before, I’m going to check it out tonight. Thanks!

Rachel – I can’t wait to see your new bump picture!

Hubby is in the process of turning the basement into a family room. The problem is that we live in an area that’s prone to high radon levels (pretty much all of PA is like that). We got the results of the radon testing back today and we’re twice the legal limit of radon in our basement! :noway: That means we have to put in a ventilation system, so we’re talking AT LEAST $2,000.:sad: :grumble: Arrrrgghhhh!!!! We could just scrap the idea of turning it into a family room, but he’s already put so much work into it that it’s a shame to stop now.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Annabelle- quick question for you since me, Megan and Amanda are all experiencing the same thing..... after a feeding all of our babies seem to sound congested/raspy. I have asked my pediatrician twice what that was and he says it is normal and not to worry about it. My 2 older ones never had this problem but neither of them were exclusively breastfed either. Is this normal and is there a way to make it stop/go away? I can't wait unti you join us on the other side because we need your expertise :happy:

Can't wait for all of you other ladies to join us as well!
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

Really random, but my husband and I were talking about getting him a weedwacker yesterday. That's the word I used and he just looked at me and said, "You call it a weedwacker? It doesn't wack the weeds. It trims them. It's a weed trimmer." I then explained that I grew up calling it either a weedeater or a weedwacker. He thought both were goofy terms. I told him his term was boring :tongue:

That's funny. I've always called it a weedwacker or weedeater also.
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's what I found for the week thing and I'm showing this to my hubby

1 Month = 1-4 wks
    2 Months= 5-8
    3Months=9-13
    4 months=14-17
    5 months= 18-21
    6 months=22-26
    7 months=27-30
    8 months= 31-35
    9 months= 36-40

Sooo..I'm just one week shy of 5 months. :bigsmile:
  • jenzimmer
    Options
    Annabelle- quick question for you since me, Megan and Amanda are all experiencing the same thing..... after a feeding all of our babies seem to sound congested/raspy. I have asked my pediatrician twice what that was and he says it is normal and not to worry about it. My 2 older ones never had this problem but neither of them were exclusively breastfed either. Is this normal and is there a way to make it stop/go away? I can't wait unti you join us on the other side because we need your expertise :happy:

I had this with my DS. Even tho he was breast feed it was acid reflux. Once he was on medication (which I hated doing) it went away.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Mamatoabunch Posts: 749
    Options

Gooky/congested sounding babies is normal, nothing to worry about. Some would say you could eliminate dairy in your diet, but that is only a hunch. If baby is fine, not unhappy otherwise etc I wouldn't do a thing. Sometimes we think an issue is one, isn't really one. All three of you are brilliant, exclusively nursing!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled. I cannot wait for our wee one to come, I am thinking end of May or right at the beginning of June.
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    History - I love fish sticks and it took a while after DS was born for me to be able to bake thatm without feeling nausious.

Brittony - I guess I prefer family practice because #1 I already had a Dr. I was comfortable with and doing that ment that I didn't have to invest a bunch of time finding someone else that I liked. #2 I felt like my family Dr. was going to be less picky and give me more freedom to do what I wanted for my child. An example would be that I don't feel like all the vacines out there are necissary and want to be able to choose just the most important ones. My Dr. sat down with me and helped me make those decisions. On the other hand it sound like Annabelle found a Peditrition that gives her the same freedoms....

Soon2Bfit mama - You have a beautiful family!!!!!!

Danielle - The changing table is SO nice! What a sweet suprise from your DH!!!

Rachel - So sorry about your SIL. That has to be Very tough for your family!

sthorpe - Thanks for stopping in. I miss you and hope you can join us again very soon!!!

Rachel - Can't wait to see the bump picture. Way to go for being brave!!!

Amanda - Thanks for sharing about your weight loss. Gives me a little hope....

AFM : I'm very excited about this past week - and I'm going to try to make the same thing happen this week. It just takes quite a bit of effort and time. I tracked everything I ate and stayed right at/below my calories. And I exercised for at least 30 min. every day. Sunday was my exception to this, but I pretty much never count Sundays anyway.
    Monday - Gazelle for 60 min.
    Tuesday - Gazelle for 40 min.
    Wednesday - Gazelle for 45 min.
    Thursday - Gazelle for 50 min.
    Friday - Gazelle for 50 min. Gardened for 20 min. And went shopping (I also went out to eat but stayed under my calories :)
    Saturday - push mowed the yard at a VERY brisk pace for 60 min. Gardened for 20 min.
    Now I need to get off this computer an get out of the house. The sun is shining beautifully (finally) so I guess I'll go see if I can till part of the garden. I'm afraid it's just going to turn it into mud balls. but I'm thinking maybe if I get the ground fluffed up a little it will dry out quicker. But there's a chance of rain the rest of the week so I guess I'll try to not get too hopeful... And getting out of the house will seperate me from the monster cookies I made for DH. They are being a real temptation for me today!!! All I really want to do with my day is go set in the sun, read the very interesting book that I'm in the middle of and eat the entire 9X13 of those silly cookies. Hopefully I will find the willpower to resist 'cause that would definatly get the week started off wrong!!! Can't wait 'till tomorrow! It will be so fun to get to see our LO and hopefully find out what we're having. I'm so excited about knowing that I keep having this feeling that LO is going to be turned so that we won't be able to tell. That would be very sad. And since we're paying for the ultrasound this will be the only chance to find out unless there's complications. Well, the rest of you have a good day an enjoy the sun if it's shining where you live!!!
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options

1 Month = 1-4 wks
    2 Months= 5-8
    3Months=9-13
    4 months=14-17
    5 months= 18-21
    6 months=22-26
    7 months=27-30
    8 months= 31-35
    9 months= 36-40

Thanks for posting this. It's the simplest thing I've seen so far for figuring weeks vs. months. Because of my ticker I always know what week I'm in, but most people seem to give you a blank look if you tell them in weeks instead of months.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options

1 Month = 1-4 wks
    2 Months= 5-8
    3Months=9-13
    4 months=14-17
    5 months= 18-21
    6 months=22-26
    7 months=27-30
    8 months= 31-35
    9 months= 36-40

I use a similar mentality. But I center it around my due date. So right now I have less than 2 months to my due date so I say I am in my 8th month of pregnancy.
  • jenzimmer
    Options

1 Month = 1-4 wks
    2 Months= 5-8
    3Months=9-13
    4 months=14-17
    5 months= 18-21
    6 months=22-26
    7 months=27-30
    8 months= 31-35
    9 months= 36-40

I use a similar mentality. But I center it around my due date. So right now I have less than 2 months to my due date so I say I am in my 8th month of pregnancy.

Yup 31 weeks = 8 months!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies so much for the comments on the changing table! I still look at it and am amazed with how beautiful it looks. My husband is quite talented and very handy when it comes to building things like that- I'm very blessed :heart:

Anne- That REALLLLLLLY stinks :frown: You have to pay that due to the damage from the storms?! Seems like they should have insurance on their equipment, no?

Rachael- I LOVE amazon! I haven't signed up for that yet but def. plan on doing so. Who doesn't like a good deal?!

Rachel- Can't wait to see your bump!!!

Ron- That REAAAAAALLLY stinks too! I can't believe it's going to cost that much to vent it out. Crazy!!!

SThorp- Thank you!!! Hope to see you back here real soon :flowerforyou:

Julie- It's funny you mentioned that show, "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" DH and I were talking about it just last night. I'm still baffled by it. I don't even see how that is remotely possible. They HAD to have some symptoms!!!
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    This is the longest 2 weeks of my life.. Well im in the finall count down i have 13 days to go thank god.. :flowerforyou: im soo happy just to be done with the back pains.. lol i havent had bh contractions or anything like that so im like whats going on.. my doc says its ok just i havent had anything like that.. im still moble.. just my back hurts thats about it.. i still do all the gym things. heck i go more now than i did before i was expecting. i still do all the things that i use to do.. so im lucky i guess.. but im just tired of being preg.. lol i just want to be done.. but at the sametime im sooo afraid to be a mom and the pain.. u know its just freaky.. I know miguel my husband will be the most amazing dad.. but idk about me..
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

Gooky/congested sounding babies is normal, nothing to worry about. Some would say you could eliminate dairy in your diet, but that is only a hunch. If baby is fine, not unhappy otherwise etc I wouldn't do a thing. Sometimes we think an issue is one, isn't really one. All three of you are brilliant, exclusively nursing!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled. I cannot wait for our wee one to come, I am thinking end of May or right at the beginning of June.

Thank you mama! baby seems perfectly happy other than some spit up, only one more week until back to work :cry: I am going to miss my baby so much. We have not been apart at all and it is heart wrenching. Hopefully she will sleep better than last night though, up til 1am then up at 3 for a feeding and 6:30 was time to get the boys up so ladies enjoy your sleep as best as you can.

I am so excited to hear all about your birth story once your wee one arrives. Please share with us on the postnatal group as well. Looking forward to seeing pictures
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    This is the longest 2 weeks of my life.. Well im in the finall count down i have 13 days to go thank god.. :flowerforyou: im soo happy just to be done with the back pains.. lol i havent had bh contractions or anything like that so im like whats going on.. my doc says its ok just i havent had anything like that.. im still moble.. just my back hurts thats about it.. i still do all the gym things. heck i go more now than i did before i was expecting. i still do all the things that i use to do.. so im lucky i guess.. but im just tired of being preg.. lol i just want to be done.. but at the sametime im sooo afraid to be a mom and the pain.. u know its just freaky.. I know miguel my husband will be the most amazing dad.. but idk about me..

Try not to freak out and worry TOO much! :wink: I never figured I'd be a mom, nor really had any overwhelming desire to be one, but I have a 4 yr old now and it's like - how would my life be otherwise? I can't imagine! The thing about being a mom - you don't really have options other than to be the best mom you can be and it's actually pretty hard to fail at that (well, I suppose you DO have the option to be a crazy negligent person, but no one on here will be that from what i can tell!) and you just pick it up as you go. If you are calm about things and don't worry too much or freak out, the answers usually show themselves. I knew pretty much nothing about babies (save some years ago babysitting) when I had mine, but whattaya gonna do but just figure it out? They're actually not that hard / complicated, and also surprisingly resilient and tough! - Patience is my hardest issue to work on, especially now with a toddler / little person with an attitude of his own and the attention span of a goldfish!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    A woman I work with is due the day before me but she's scheduled for a C/S two weeks out. Do they do this simply so there is "no chance" that you will go into labor before they can C/S you? It sounds so counter intuitive to take the baby potentially too early just to avoid possibly going into labor by waiting longer. I do understand some extreme cases, but, considering that this woman is still working for another 2 weeks first... I am guessing her's is rather "routine." If I weren't able to have a VBAC option I think I would refuse a C/S more than 3-4 days before my due date. I mean, even if you go into labor, there is probably "plenty" of time to get you in for a C/S if you "need" one - dang Drs just wanting to schedule their days!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Exercise Challenge:

Monday: Stationary Bike 30 mins
    Tuesday: Walking 40 mins
    Wednesday: -0-
    Thursday: walking 30 mins
    Friday: -0-
    Saturday: 60 mins

Yay!! I finally met the challenge. Hopefully i keep it up this week :)

Happy belated mothers day to you all!!!

I have an appt tomorrow morning hopefully i didn't gain too much the last two weeks. Fingers crossed :happy:

I'm rushing off today cause I made a batch of the laundry detergent yesterday and I'm anxious to go home and try it out. YAY!!!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Mamatoabunch Posts: 749
    Options
    A woman I work with is due the day before me but she's scheduled for a C/S two weeks out. Do they do this simply so there is "no chance" that you will go into labor before they can C/S you? It sounds so counter intuitive to take the baby potentially too early just to avoid possibly going into labor by waiting longer. I do understand some extreme cases, but, considering that this woman is still working for another 2 weeks first... I am guessing her's is rather "routine." If I weren't able to have a VBAC option I think I would refuse a C/S more than 3-4 days before my due date. I mean, even if you go into labor, there is probably "plenty" of time to get you in for a C/S if you "need" one - dang Drs just wanting to schedule their days!

ACOG has redone and now reaffirmed their stance, along w/ the March of Dimes that no baby should be sectioned before 39 weeks. There have been too many babies taken so early or earlier thinking they are a certain gestation, only to find their were earlier gestation or babies at term, 37 + weeks that are term, but are admitted to NICU for breathing issues.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Most people forget that you are 'pregnant' for about 4 weeks before you even realise you are and then it's 9 months after that that baby is usually born. The extra 4 weeks is your body preparing to have a baby (even if you don't have one) and the implantation process.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    We call them weedeaters in New Zealand.
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options

Try not to freak out and worry TOO much! :wink: I never figured I'd be a mom, nor really had any overwhelming desire to be one, but I have a 4 yr old now and it's like - how would my life be otherwise? I can't imagine! The thing about being a mom - you don't really have options other than to be the best mom you can be and it's actually pretty hard to fail at that (well, I suppose you DO have the option to be a crazy negligent person, but no one on here will be that from what i can tell!) and you just pick it up as you go. If you are calm about things and don't worry too much or freak out, the answers usually show themselves. I knew pretty much nothing about babies (save some years ago babysitting) when I had mine, but whattaya gonna do but just figure it out? They're actually not that hard / complicated, and also surprisingly resilient and tough! - Patience is my hardest issue to work on, especially now with a toddler / little person with an attitude of his own and the attention span of a goldfish!
    the one thing im afraid like im a heavey sleeper.. like there was a fire next door like i mean 5 feet away..2 fire trucks and ppl screaming.. i slept through it.. lol.. idk its just odd thinking of myself as a mother..im like selfish.. i havent even changed a diaper ever! also children scream when i hold them or they are afraid of me.. like they think imma kill them.. or idk..ppl say it comes naturally, but alot of things that come naturally for ppl dont seem to come to me.. i have twisted since of humor.. heck im running still..im even welding things on my car... still.. so idk im just afraid that im gonna be a bad mom...