Pregnancy 2011- May

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Regina- Congrats on your baby girl! I know you really wanted one after having a DS already.:flowerforyou:

Julie- They have papaya pills to take for heartburn actually.

Rachel- Congrats on your sister being pregnant also! Are you close to her (location wise)?

Ron- Yeah, the bones are so small in your privates that they often snap and break for baby. My pains were so bad that I would double over whenever this happened. Once I talked to my OB about it, it made sense though, unfortunately! On a happier note, Monday is getting closer and closer for you! Still feeling it’s a girl?!

AFM: Monthly OB appointment tomorrow. Meeting with the 3rd and final one there this time. They require you to have an appointment with all due to the fact that either of them could deliver. This one is a male, the other 2 are female. We'll see how it goes. I've heard some not so pleasant things about him as an OB though :ohwell:. Also, they have YET to measure me... is this of the norm?!
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Drs appt was ok, everything seems fine except I seem to have gained 7lbs in 4 weeks. Not good!!! My gest. diabetes test was fine though.

Also, I am only 26w 5d... and I am measuring at 34 weeks :-( she said that is big, and it could mean I will need a c-section. I know they are often wrong with guessing sizes but still freaks me out.

4 weeks ago I was measuring at 27. What is going on! :-(

I'm pretty sad about this.

dpage- unfortunately... my sister is about 700 miles from me... but we can still talk lots on the phone.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Danielle -- I don't think they started measuring me until I was 25 weeks.

Rachel -- Is your doctor concerned about how you're measuring other than "could mean a c-section?" I guess I don't understand how you could literally measure over 7 weeks ahead without there being some concern to find out WHY immediately or other explanation. Otherwise, why do they even bother measuring?
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Boopa – welcome! I had a pretty steady gain but some of the women here have been able to keep the gain very minimal. I say just keep eating as healthy as you can and be as active as possible.

Renee – great job with exercise!

Racheal – that’s great that you and your sister can experience this together, well over the phone. I don’t have a linea negra yet, but I did notice that the hair on my belly is much darker now. Since you’re measuring so far ahead, it is possible that they miscalculated your due date?

Lynn – I’m glad the party went well despite everything that happened.

Jenny – welcome! I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks after I bought my first size 12 jeans ever. :grumble: :laugh: The scale started to go up almost immediately for me. I was nauseous all day during the first tri and the only thing that help was carbs and sour patch kids – go figure! Right now I’m up 13 pounds at 19 weeks.

Pmaria – I’m glad you liked your birthing class. I haven’t looked into any classes yet, but I figure I’ve still got time.

Julie – the people you work with are idiots. Love the new pic – very cute!!!

Regina – I think Nikki and Jessie are both cute names. I know a lot of people who’s name is what could be considered a nick name, it’s not unusual anymore.

Danielle – I can’t wait!!! :bigsmile: Monday is going to take forever to get here! I still feel girl, but I keep having dreams that it’s a boy. In my dream I’m so disappointed and I start to cry, which is insane because I’ll be happy either way – I just want a healthy baby.
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Jenzimmer- what is your gut feeling this time? Its okay if you don’t want to share. Gender US’s are so exciting.

Girl! It's just been a way different pregnancy so far. I don't know, when I had my US at 12 wks it just looked like a girl to me. Not that I saw anything that would make me think that, just a feeling. Do you have a gut feeling?
  • joonzgurl
    Options

Rachel -- Is your doctor concerned about how you're measuring other than "could mean a c-section?" I guess I don't understand how you could literally measure over 7 weeks ahead without there being some concern to find out WHY immediately or other explanation. Otherwise, why do they even bother measuring?

The dr did not seem too concerned about it... and it did feel like she started the tape lower than before (it was not the same dr) so maybe that could account for the huge difference from last time. I don't FEEL that much bigger!!

ron- don't think an error in due date is possible because my ultrasounds have been right on.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    WARNING TMI:

Linea Nigra was mentioned earlier and i consider myself beige when it comes to the makeup counter and I do have linea nigra not very dark, noticeable..... but i also noticed that other areas have gotten considerably darker i.e. my underarms, neck, and around the hoo ha. Please tell me i'm not the only one and to the experienced mamas that it does go away after birth cause i really don't like it at all!!

The neck part really scared me after not passing my glucose test cause I know that, that can be one of the signs of diabetes but i'm not sure what part. It's not a concern anymore since i did pass the 3hr with flying colors.
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    pmaria- i am certain that is totally normal. My hoo ha is a little darker too, but not underarms. I have a few patches however on my face that have darkened (quite small though) that are about the size of a pencil eraser. Not to worry!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Regina - congrats on the girl !!!!

Ron - my hubby would never dare whine, I think he has a better grasp of what we are going through than most men do.

Welcome Katie - I understand your fear and totally think you could maintain if you just stick with maintenance throughout.

Brittony - good to know about the air mattress, I may be trying that myself in a few months.

Lynn - glad the party went well in the end after all the drama....

Jenny - welcome - I was about 20lbs overweight at the beginning and am just now at 15+ weeks starting to gain weight. I think I put on 2.5 lbs in the last 2 weeks and it had only been 2.5 lbs total from week 1 - 15. Traying to stick with maintenance calories while making sure I get all the good nutrients in. Back before week 12 I was like you though, no meat, no veggies, just wanted starchy comfort food and all's well so far. My appetite for healthy foods is back !

Collins - we done with all of that exercise !

Mel - ha ha Storage Wars, my hubby loves that dumb show, we make fun of the guy who always yells "yeahp" when he bids !

Julie - love the new "summer" bump photo !

Welcome other new people and sorry if I missed anyone....

So questions....
    When you are close to the end, how do you check dilation cm's can you do it with your own fingers?

Anybody ever had a baby nurse? I had lunch with a friend today and she said the one thing she would do differently with her next child would be to hire a baby nurse for the 1st month. Any experience with that anyone?

OK talk to you all later !!!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have the linea nigra or whatever? I have had it for about 3-4 weeks now, it seems to be getting darker. I thought it was more common in dark skinner women, I am quite fair. I kind of like it though!

Okay, stalking you guys now :laugh:

I had this develop late on with ALL of my pregnancies. This time a little later than usual for me. Got it around 38 weeks and still have it and will for quite awhile now (if it hangs around like the rest of them did).

I am fair skinned, blonde, and blue eyed, but tan in the sun (not burn).
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    carina73 – I would’ve punched my dh if he did that!
    :laugh: I would have too, but I played the same joke on him 2 months ago. Bahahahahaha! :tongue:
  • collinsclan
    collinsclan Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Joonzgurl--
    I am thinking your dr. is an idiot at least. There is no reason to scare you with one outying measurement this early. It could totally be differences in how she held the tape - start and stop point, etc. It could also be that the baby was kicked back and stretched out today. Please ladies please DO NOT let your doctor's scare you into a c-sect. for a "big baby". Unless there is another reason for concern - such as uncontrolled gest. diabetes, it is very rare for the body to build a baby it can't deliver. This is from someone who has a 9.6 and a 9.3 baby without any meds! My last two were at home and the 9.3 came in under 5 hours!
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    People were always messing up my first name, and my last! :grumble:
    I got Corina, Corinne and some bad mispronunciations. I told off my dentist when I was little, and a few years ago I corrected my supervisor, Brad, CONSISTENTLY. :noway: Finally I said I would start calling him Brod if he didn't start saying my name properly. :tongue:

I never got Linea Nigra with any of my pregnancies, but my areaolas did get MUCH darker. (I'm very fair, burn easily)
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Katrina - Nice to know someone else out there that's had home births. (Annabelle has, too) My DS was born in the hospital, but I'm planning on a home birth with this one. Is there anyone else out there that's had a home birth or planning to have one? I'd be happy to hear of others experiances and any pointers that you wish you'd have known the first time around. Or any other time for that matter.... :happy:
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    No line yet... but a peach fuzzed tummy though for sure :blushing:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    No line yet... but a peach fuzzed tummy though for sure :blushing:

My belly button got dark hairs around it. I finally pulled some of them out because they annoyed me!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Rachel... i agree with collinsclan about not letting the dr worry you about your measurements yet. For all you know the baby may decide to come a month early and be normal sized. Just keep doing what your are doing and see how it all plays out ... i have been measuring right on track all pregnancy and last time measured a week ahead and the dr said something about a big baby (I just ignored it).
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies.

OMG Jen - if my husband had said that to me about the weight gain, he'd be buried 6 feet under from the pregnancy hormones, lol.

AFM - Met my midwife for the first time today. She was really nice. I have my next appointment with her on 2 June and a dating scan tomorrow afternoon. Morning sickness has arrived with a vengeance *blerk*.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Night #2 of awesome sleep on the air mattress. No hip or back pain again today! The only thing is I don't think I can go every night without being right beside my husband. I may have to rotate nights. I just don't want to get used to not sleeping beside him... though we are still in the same room.

I don't have the line yet. I was wondering if I'll end up getting it. We shall see. My belly button is kinda funny. It's not an inny or outie really... it's just kind of level with a lip on the top. Kind of funny looking and really weird to the touch. Peach fuzz on the tummy- YES! I was thinking about waxing, but I don't really want to start that up yet. I'm just glad I have light body hair. It's not that noticeable.

I was so well rested this morning that I got up early and already washed the dishes. Getting ready to head to work early so I can get in 30 minutes on the elliptical. I love accomplishing things so early in the day. It makes my midday laziness seem so much more excuseable :laugh: