Pregnancy 2011- May

Options

Replies

• pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Racheal: Awh 3lbs? I wonder why my doc doesn’t give me an estimate of my baby’s weight.

Annelise: I really enjoyed the first class there was a lot of helpful information and the other couples pretty much had the same questions hubby and I did so it was nice to feel that we weren’t the only couple with the concerns and questions we had. I hope your glucose test goes well for you and hoping your shot goes well too glad dh is going w you.

Regina: Congrats on your girl!!! 

Ron: I completely agree with you about dh mine is very similar he complains about all my pillows in the bed also and that the bed is too soft so we had to get a firm mattress topper for HIM!!!! You would think that he’s pregnant such big babies!!!

AFM: Last night I didn’t get much sleep again…..I woke up at 2ish with heart burn and had to pee sooo bad well when I was done doing my business I took tums and sat up in bed for a while hoping the tums would kick in and it took forever to settle by the time it did it was 3a and I had to pee again!! When I finally laid back down to sleep if felt like I shut my eyes for five minutes and the alarm went off……hopefully I can get a nap in for lunch today cause I’m running on low energy.

Our birthing class went quite well I’m excited about next week cause dh gets to learn a few relaxation/massage techniques for me yay!!!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Lynn- that’s a good way to think about it. I don’t want anything wrong with the baby either so I guess not having another US is okay. Oh and I just noticed how close you are getting!

Renee- seems fair of your dr. to not predict the weight if he/she doesn’t feel like they can do it accurately. Good job on the exercise.

Rachel- Wonderful! Congrats!

Jenny- Welcome, I am up about 13 lbs right now at 28 weeks. I lost a lot in the first trimester and started gaining about week 15.

Katrina- good job on keeping active! It is hard to wait for that first apt.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Regina- I forgot, do you have a name picked out for your little girl?
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed yet this week. I'm kind of afraid to since I really didn't eat very well the last few days (I was off work -- I eat much better when I'm working). I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon so I guess I'll weigh tomorrow to see if I've done any damage. I'm sure I have, at least short-term. I had a mega sodiumfest this weekend.

Someone else at work found out I'm pregnant this morning and couldn't believe it. Maybe I should wear a sign.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention -

To all those suffering with heartburn, I read something yesterday. Supposedly eating fresh papaya does wonders for heartburn. Sounds a bit counterintuitive to me since it's acidic, but if I were really suffering I'd probably give anything a shot! I think that tip was in my weekly pregnancy email from Pampers.
  • AnneElise
    Options

AFM: Last night I didn’t get much sleep again…..I woke up at 2ish with heart burn and had to pee sooo bad well when I was done doing my business I took tums and sat up in bed for a while hoping the tums would kick in and it took forever to settle by the time it did it was 3a and I had to pee again!! When I finally laid back down to sleep if felt like I shut my eyes for five minutes and the alarm went off……hopefully I can get a nap in for lunch today cause I’m running on low energy.

Our birthing class went quite well I’m excited about next week cause dh gets to learn a few relaxation/massage techniques for me yay!!!

I have started having heartburn... never have before this. Its awful! I feel for you ladies who had it worse/longer than me!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention -

To all those suffering with heartburn, I read something yesterday. Supposedly eating fresh papaya does wonders for heartburn. Sounds a bit counterintuitive to me since it's acidic, but if I were really suffering I'd probably give anything a shot! I think that tip was in my weekly pregnancy email from Pampers.

hmmm I may try.

people at your work are crazy.
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options

Someone else at work found out I'm pregnant this morning and couldn't believe it. Maybe I should wear a sign.

that sucks... people can be so rude.
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    Does anyone else have the linea nigra or whatever? I have had it for about 3-4 weeks now, it seems to be getting darker. I thought it was more common in dark skinner women, I am quite fair. I kind of like it though!
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    OMG. I just realized my ticker only has 2 more boxes to the end!!!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Julie - You are so good about updating your pic, love the new one! AnneElise is right, the people you work with are effing crazy to not see that you are pregnant.

I had minimal heartburn pre-pregnancy, and it has definitely increased. At first I could subdue it with TUMS, but that quit working as my uterus expanded further up and started really pushing on my stomach. There were a few times where I woke myself up in the middle of the night because I had vurped....so gross.... I've started taking one Pepcid AC a few hours before I go to bed and that makes a world of difference, no more vurping in my sleep! :bigsmile:
  • brandi2258
    brandi2258 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump! My husband and I are TTC! So much good info from you wonderful people on here!! : )
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options

Ummmm...... DH and I have a terrible time agreeing on names. If it were up to me her name would be Mariah. If it were up to DH her name would be Nickel. I guess neither of those is going to happen! Definitely not Nickel that's for sure!!! And he really dislikes Mariah for some crazy reason. I agreed to comprimise the Nickel to Nikki which I don't mind. I do feel bad naming a child what seems to be a nick name, but we for sure agree on disliking the name Nicole. And our other girl name would be Jessie, but not Jessica. Not sure what the deal is with us and nick names for girls. What do you all think? Is that going to be a bother for the poor child later in life when everyone is trying to make her have a longer name? As for middle names we've talked about Nikkie Rose or Nikkie Trust.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have the linea nigra or whatever? I have had it for about 3-4 weeks now, it seems to be getting darker. I thought it was more common in dark skinner women, I am quite fair. I kind of like it though!

I'm darker complected, and I have a very very faint line, just enough that you can see it. I wonder if it will get darker?

My hubby asked me yesterday when my belly button was gonna pop out. I told him I didn't know if it would :laugh: It seems like I still have quite a bit of depth to my button, so I don't think it will end up popping out.
  • LittleSpy
    Options

I'm super fair skinned (I'm so white I'm pink :laugh:) & I don't have it (yet, at least).
  • LittleSpy
    Options

Ummmm...... DH and I have a terrible time agreeing on names. If it were up to me her name would be Mariah. If it were up to DH her name would be Nickel. I guess neither of those is going to happen! Definitely not Nickel that's for sure!!! And he really dislikes Mariah for some crazy reason. I agreed to comprimise the Nickel to Nikki which I don't mind. I do feel bad naming a child what seems to be a nick name, but we for sure agree on disliking the name Nicole. And our other girl name would be Jessie, but not Jessica. Not sure what the deal is with us and nick names for girls. What do you all think? Is that going to be a bother for the poor child later in life when everyone is trying to make her have a longer name? As for middle names we've talked about Nikkie Rose or Nikkie Trust.

I'm Julie without being Julia. People get it wrong pretty often & my name gets keyed in as "Julia" on stuff (mostly very unimportant stuff) occasionally when whoever is keying isn't paying attention (on my CVS store card, for example :laugh:). I'm really not very bothered by it. I usually don't even take the time to correct people.

My parents didn't understand why people name a kid one thing and then call them something different so they named me what they would end up calling me (so they thought -- my dad calls me "Jules" to this day :laugh:). I personally like the idea of a nickname. I'll probably end up calling Maisie "Mae" or something for short.
  • joonzgurl
    Options

Perhaps Mariah reminds him of the singer too much? hubby and i cannot agree on girl names either. I really like Nikki - and I think if you like the name Nikki, may as well just name her Nikki! I agree I don't like Nicole either, too over-done and 80's. (no offence to anyone named nicole!)
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    My hubby asked me yesterday when my belly button was gonna pop out. I told him I didn't know if it would :laugh: It seems like I still have quite a bit of depth to my button, so I don't think it will end up popping out.

I was hoping my belly button would pop, but has not yet. It was always very deep, and it has gotten shallower, but I had quite a bit of "depth" to it as well so it probably won't

Off to the Dr's now, hopefully I get to the bottom of this urinary tract infection that won't go away! (no pain, just showing blood in my urine in my lab tests since January!)
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

Mine is close, but I don't think it will in the next month. I joked to hubby that I should take this chance to actually get it totally cleaned out since I can see the bottom! :laugh:. I don't like it because the skin is so tender there from never being exposed.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

I have it and I am pretty fair skinned also. It is pretty light though, I am not sure if it will get darker.