Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Hufflepuff

Options

Replies

• JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    darthwein - we started out with 39, and i think the other houses were smiliar, all within 2-3 people in number on either side. we have 5 members who havent weighed in for the 2nd week in a row and havent posted at all either. i might give them a few more days to show face, and if they do they can join in for next sunday, if not.. well. we lose 5 in our number :frown:
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    How do you find the week's challenges? I went back several pages looking for this weeks, but I couldn't find it!

BTW, great job guys!! We are kicking major butt!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Here's this week's challenges. These can be found on the main HP challenge thread from UnoDiamante as well.

Challenges for this week:

Food challenge:
    Try to get at least 4 different colors in your meals this week. Different colored foods have different nutrients so the more colorful your plate the more different nutrients you are getting! :)

Exercise Challenge:
    Try to do at least two days worth of strength training this week (doesnt have to be extreme, just must work on muscle building rather than or in addition to cardio.) :)
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    our pounds lost is now 46.8 after a few more weighins (thank you my lovelys for checking in :heart: ). thats the weight of your average 6 year old child. thats an entire person! :noway:

If we're counting as losing whole people, can we count the five non-weigh-in-ers as a loss? :bigsmile: :wink: :tongue:
  • AccioPancakes
    Options
    Is the food colour challenge to have 4 colours in every meal? Because I definitely have not been getting enough veggies this week. But there's my kick to get in to gear.

The exercise part is easier; I have boot camp 3 mornings a week so I get a pretty good balance of resistance and cardio. This morning's "theme" was static and active so we alternated between the 2.
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    my weight today is 199.3 down from last week but back to start weight least it's going the right way
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    To be honest I'm struggling physically with the weigh ins as need help so might be best just to remove me
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    To be honest I'm struggling physically with the weigh ins as need help so might be best just to remove me

Don't give up! You can do this! We all have rough patches, just give it your best and you can never be disappointed with that.
  • JD92
    Options
    okay, House, i am in need of some assistance!

the final weighin for this challenge is the day HP is out at the movies - July 14th. i leave for my vacay on the 10th, so i will be out of the country on the 14th. im hoping i will still have internet access (steal my dads iphone!) and i can use a notepad and calculator and do all the percentages the old fashioned way, but in the event that i DONT, i may need a Deputy Head of House to step in a do it for me.

any takers? :flowerforyou: pretty please? i just need someone to record the losses and use it with the previous weeks total weight to make the percentage.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hey JD, I'll do it hon. :)
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I believe it is Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Slytherin. Great job Hufflepuff! :) Congrats everyone on the weight loss! :) Keep up the good work!

This is Uno's posting on the main HP thread making it official....Hufflepuff won WK #2!!!!

Great job, housemates! We are kicking butt!! Let's see how well we can do with WK #3!

@ JD & Katrob - I'm available as well.
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    So I was lurking in ravenclaw. My sisters in that house. I was noticing that they add house points when they complete the challenges. Like if they did the strength training 2 days they would add two points. If they got colors in their meals they would add a point for each day they did that. they put their points in their signatures.

I kinda like that idea because it holds me accountable for doing the challenges.

Anyways just a thought. I'm sure they won't mind if we copy them lol.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Where are the challenges people keep talking bout.? What forum post am I missing? lol
  • JD92
    Options
    sorry guys, ill catch up with your posts tomorrow morning, im so shattered now. i had an exam today and was up all last night studying for it. ive slept a lot today and plan to sleep some more now! gah i hate exam season.

im also feeling like i wanna eat all in sight. TOM has arrived, and im generally feeling crappy. i hope it doesnt damage my weighin on sunday, cos ive been working to get my number back down :frown:
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Ok, so people who are my friends will already know this so... short version... my fricking scales were faulty hen I bought them and were weighing 20lbs light!! Yep, 20bs! Thankfully they were weighing accurately (poundage lost) so that is ok. It does however mean that I'm 20lbs back from where I thought I was!

JD can you adjust my start weight and weigh ins?

My weight today (I'm weighing in today because I'm away at the weekend) is 222 so that's another 4lb loss for me this week. :)

My new goal weight for the challenge is 212 by the way.

I'm really sorry about the f**k up but I just didn't know they were faulty. :( Am gutted but going to carry on regardless and not let it set me back too much.

Happy Friday and love to all xx
  • JD92
    Options
    kat - i added 20lbs to your SW, changed your goal weight to 212 as requested, then added 20 to your current weight (last sundays weight) then i added 20 again to your previous weight (sunday before last). so as of last week your loss still is 13. is that ok?

i cant imagine the frustration at being so close to onederland then being set back :( you are doing so amazing that im sure you'll fly through those pesky 20 pounds! you've lost 5.4% of your SW with this challenge, its amazing! you're easily the leader of the board right now! im abit jealous to be honest :laugh:
  • JD92
    Options
    Kat/aab - thank you!! i cant say for sure that i will or wont have net access, so we'll just have to see when the time comes.

cgeiser - we can do that :smile: we will have to come up with some creative prizes of some sort, or atleast an incentive... hmm..

monocot - Uno posts the next weeks challenges on a sunday on the main HP challenge thread. here is the link to it, if you post in it, the thread will appear under 'My Topics' so you can access it easily!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/237196-harry-potter-weight-loss-challenge?page=5#posts-3241853

hufflepuffchart4.png

here is our most up-to-date chart. ive already set it up for sundays weigh-ins, that is why there is a 0 for Week Loss for everybody. we are so close to 100 pounds! congratulations everybody!

also, for those who havent seen it yet, Hufflepuff House are winners for the SECOND WEEK IN A ROW :drinker: we are kicking major butt! i hope to see you all again on sunday :smile:
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm away tomorrow so weighing in a day early and have managed to lose this time! :smile:

Am now 177.5
    So a loss of 2lbs

and an NSV of wearing a pair of trousers yesterday that I've not fit into in years! :drinker:
  • JD92
    Options
    wooo diverchic, victory on and off the scales!! :drinker:

how are we all feeling about tomorrow (or as of 2 minutes ago, later on this morning :tongue: ) ? im pretty sure im down from 219 even with TOM, ive eaten better almost everyday this week. im also nearing the 5 litre mark for water today :smile: i might not quite make 216 that i started the challenge with, no way ill get to 213.6 from week 2 but im hoping for 217 at the least. 2 lbs aint too shabby for me!
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    198.4 :smile: