Round 2 Fit-n-Trim to Win Elimination Contest (closed)

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
2nd Round, Fit-n-Trim to Win Elimination Contest

Losing team will eliminate one person with the lowest percentage of body weight.

The person with the highest percentage of weight loss gets an advantage for the next week. This will have some twists as the weeks go on. The advantages will include immunity; weight advantage and disadvantage, trading players. This might not be for you if your feelings get hurt easily; or, you hate losing; or, you have low self-esteem. This is supposed to be fun and good natured.

Criteria to enter:
1) You have a digital scale
2) You have a digital camera
3) You can weigh in any day of the week (weekdays & weekends)

Weigh-ins:
1) We will weigh in every Wednesday. If you fail to weigh in on Wednesday, you will be eliminated and out of the contest. If that happens, no one will be eliminated for that week.

2) If you are unable to make a weigh-in and know that you will be on vacation, please notify me at the start of the contest. I will allow a different weigh in date since I will know upfront and will allow a change. There will be no other exceptions.
3) If you would not like to be in the game anymore, do not post it on the thread. Send me an email, so that other contestants do not know and slack off. We’ll let them think someone will still be eliminated.

How to weigh-in:
1) You would weigh in with the code work that I will post on a thread the prior night
2) You will take a picture of the scale with your current weight, date and code word attached
3) You will post the photo on the link I will provide for each week

Besides, the ultimate reward of a healthier, more slender body, I will mail a prize for the ultimate winner.

It would be really cool if you took a before picture. You don’t have to post now. However, if you are the winner, please post the before and after picture for us all to be jealous and admire.

You will write the code word “COMPETITON” May 4, 2011 on a piece of paper
Place this on or around the scale
Snap the picture of the paper and your weight

Here are some directions to copy the photo on to here:

1) I use photobucket, upload the photo there
2) copy the IMG code
3) paste onto MFP
4) change the capital IMG to lowercase img

My daughter drew the names, for some reason, she finds entertainment in it. Anyway, here are the teams:

Muscle Busters:

Tamboea
Mollie
Faith
Healthymomma
Nisijam5
Britt
Runner
MamaTurner

Fat Fighters:

McFatterton
Evaitryst
HeatherShrinking
Minday
Accountantboi
Aprilstar
Irishgal
McDebbie

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Um......did I get booted before it even started. I don't see my name on either team. :cry:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Um......did I get booted before it even started. I don't see my name on either team. :cry:

oops, I will have to add you:blushing: dang, now I need one more player to even everything out...I'll let you pick your team because of my boo-boo...I'll even things out after everyone weighs in if some people miss the weigh-in
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,380 Member
    Options
    Did you mean to say May 4th Kim? May 5th is Thursday.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Did you mean to say May 4th Kim? May 5th is Thursday.

Yes, your are correct!! I think I am losing my mind.:ohwell:
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options

oops, I will have to add you:blushing: dang, now I need one more player to even everything out...I'll let you pick your team because of my boo-boo...I'll even things out after everyone weighs in if some people miss the weigh-in

Can I wait until everyone weighs in to pick? LOL! :laugh: :wink:

I was also wondering about the "5th". Thought maybe I was the one losing my mind....
  • nisijam5
    Options

Can I wait until everyone weighs in to pick? LOL! :laugh: :wink:

I was also wondering about the "5th". Thought maybe I was the one losing my mind....

Your pushing your luck lady!!! No, I am going crazy trying to get caught up from the Chicago trip where I fried my brain on food and alcohol.

I ask you why men don't see dirt on the toilets, toothpaste on the sink or dog hair everywhere??? Seriously, no groceries, the mail piled up...blinders the man has on
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Can I watch the contest? Super-special-spectator!! I'm good at cheerleading!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that my husband (in particular), is just so dense, naiive and utterly unobservant that even Albert Einstein couldn't give a logical explanation. Get your whip and start cracking it! :devil:

Put me on your team, maybe I'll do better than I did when I wasn't on your team.... :ohwell: And if it works out better after the weigh-in to throw me on the other team that's cool.
  • nisijam5
    Options

Instead of watching, why don't you just join...the worst thing that happens is your eliminated...the best thing is to say focused

OK, Katie, done deal...your a muscle buster
  • nisijam5
    Options
    double post
  • nehtaeh
    Options

Instead of watching, why don't you just join...the worst thing that happens is your eliminated...the best thing is to say focused

I don't have much to lose though. You had posted a req about needing to lose 20 pounds or something somewhere...

I could probably be persuaded (it wouldn't be too hard :smile:)
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Shannon - We need one more person to even it out, since SOMEONE (not mentioning any names, KIM!) forgot to add me to a team. :happy: COME JOIN THE FUN!
  • nisijam5
    Options

I don't have much to lose though. You had posted a req about needing to lose 20 pounds or something somewhere...

I could probably be persuaded (it wouldn't be too hard :smile:)

I put the 20 lbs so that people could potentially stay longer in the comp....but, if you are willing to possibly face elimination at an early stage of the game...sign up...anyway, it's based on body fat % so would only need to lose a small amount each week
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Shannon - We need one more person to even it out, since SOMEONE (not mentioning any names, KIM!) forgot to add me to a team. :happy: COME JOIN THE FUN!

Funny thing is, I knew I was missing something:huh: ...I just couldn't figure it out:grumble: ...not that your really forgetable:flowerforyou:
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options

Funny thing is, I knew I was missing something:huh: ...I just couldn't figure it out:grumble: ...not that your really forgetable:flowerforyou:

Aw shucks....

Now, I'm ready to get this party started! Who's with me!?!?!
  • nisijam5
    Options

Aw shucks....

Now, I'm ready to get this party started! Who's with me!?!?!

I am!!! Except I realized Cinco de Mayo is Thursday and I embrace my multi-cultural country:bigsmile:
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Ok, I'd like to request to NOT be on your team! LOL, at least you'll be celebrating after the weigh-in.

Got a thread going for the muscle busters to be in touch at.....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/231799-muscle-busters-closed-group
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Tagging to come back to later. Looking forward to the competition!! :drinker:
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I can do it. I just hope my team doesn't hate me since I'm not likely to be that high a percentage. It could keep some other people around longer though.

I've been up lately so it could work to my advantage - horrible eating lately.

Oh yeah, Cinco de Mayo...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I can do it. I just hope my team doesn't hate me since I'm not likely to be that high a percentage.

Drink a big glass of water before weigh-in, oops did I say that:blushing: