Fat Fighters - Round 2 Fit n' Trim (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Ah Heather and Mindy, sorry for all you are going through. I'm sure the stress is really getting to you both.

Maria, glad to hear you had a good weekend! And way to go on being in the final three!

We had to go out to lunch for my boss's birthday but I checked the restaurant web site first and made all my choices before we went so I knew I could stay under calories. yay me! :laugh: Too bad we have cake this afternoon but it is strawberry shortcake so I can probably get away with just eating the strawvberries.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Debbie - great job with behaving - you are gonna do so well on Wednesday - I can feel it!!

Heather - oh wow, you are under so much pressure/stress right now. I wish I could tell you it's gonna get better...hard to know you're hurting so much and will have so much sadness to come and uncertainties about your trip, etc. Sweet about your dad petting you on the head and you feeding him icecream and mashed potatoes. You're such a sweet daughter and he knows that - it was a very sweet way of giving you his affection and telling you "I love you and appreciate all you do". Just remember we are seriously eager to be there for you - all of us. And if there's a day you just need to write a 1,000 word statement, you just do it and we will all be reading and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Debbie - great job with behaving - you are gonna do so well on Wednesday - I can feel it!!

Heather - oh wow, you are under so much pressure/stress right now. I wish I could tell you it's gonna get better...hard to know you're hurting so much and will have so much sadness to come and uncertainties about your trip, etc. Sweet about your dad petting you on the head and you feeding him icecream and mashed potatoes. You're such a sweet daughter and he knows that - it was a very sweet way of giving you his affection and telling you "I love you and appreciate all you do". Just remember we are seriously eager to be there for you - all of us. And if there's a day you just need to write a 1,000 word statement, you just do it and we will all be reading and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Great post! You both should know we are here for you (Heather and Mindy). Life is tough and if you can't get things out and have someplace to feel safe it can be tougher. If there's anything you need - let us know. Hugs!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Ah Heather and Mindy, sorry for all you are going through. I'm sure the stress is really getting to you both.

Ditto. Hang in there... my thoughts are with you both! :flowerforyou:

Maria - congrats on your mud run - looks like a good time!

For all those who had a rough weekend - you can do this! Just think about how you could do things differently next time (given the circumstances) and have a plan. Not necessarily how you'd should've done things to be "perfect" but just little changes you could make in your decisions to make a similar situation a little healthier next time. For example - My stepdad likes to take us out for random dinners out, but I now have a mental list of what type of dinners/dishes I consider least-likely to blow my food budget. I try to stick to that list, most of the time.

Debbie - great job on planning ahead for lunch today!

Here's to a good Monday & Tuesday, to lead to a good weigh-in! :drinker:
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Trenton..I may have missed the post or comment, but DO tell us about those feet. Looks like some pretty cool, fancy footwear, or you are dealing with an awful foot fungus (that has gone way out of hand without medication). Either way, enquiring minds wanna know...:bigsmile:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Trenton..I may have missed the post or comment, but DO tell us about those feet. Looks like some pretty cool, fancy footwear, or you are dealing with an awful foot fungus (that has gone way out of hand without medication). Either way, enquiring minds wanna know...:bigsmile:

Ha ... no, no foot fungus. I wrote a blog about the shoes: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/accountant_boi/view/running-shoes-take-3-103058
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Luckily I had read the blog but the picture would have freaked me out too.

Uggh, the strawberry short cake had ice cream in the middle and was then frozen so the strawberry's could not be eaten in the public setting. I ate the cool whip/cake area a little and ditched the ice cream, not sure if I should have done it the other way but thinking surely cool whip has less calories? I didn't log it as I am trying to forget it was there. Plus I only had a leetle bit... :sad:

Heck, why am I crying??? I actually did 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight in the first time in for.ever! (sorry to brag to those of you doing 5k runs and mud crawling and all but this was big for me)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Uggh, the strawberry short cake had ice cream in the middle and was then frozen so the strawberry's could not be eaten in the public setting. I ate the cool whip/cake area a little and ditched the ice cream, not sure if I should have done it the other way but thinking surely cool whip has less calories? I didn't log it as I am trying to forget it was there. Plus I only had a leetle bit... :sad:

Heck, why am I crying??? I actually did 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight in the first time in for.ever! (sorry to brag to those of you doing 5k runs and mud crawling and all but this was big for me)

I think you did a great job - it's unrealistic to think you'll *always* say no to goodies like that - taking just a little bit is a great way to do it. (I'd try to log it... but that's just me, the accountant. :laugh: ). Also - great job doing the treadmill tonight! No reason to compare yourself to others - what's important is you got moving and did something active.
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Mcdebbie...super awesome job on the treadmill! That is awesome! And cool whip is way better than ice cream...I would have eaten the whole thing so u r better than me when it comes to temptations. Lol!
    Trenton...I will go to the blog when I caqn get to an actual computer n not my phone. They look awesome!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I actually did 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight in the first time in for.ever! (sorry to brag to those of you doing 5k runs and mud crawling and all but this was big for me)

30 Minutes is awesome! Are you doing the Couch to 5K program?
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I'm sure with all you have going on it is probably not so easy to find 30 minutes to spent on yourself, hang in there.. your doing great:flowerforyou:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    So hey.... I was just doing a "check in" and i'm having problems with measuring my hips. Where are you suppose to measure? Around your hip bone, your thighs, your butt? I'm so confused:frown: I've been measuring my waist so that the tape wraps right around my belly button so i'm pretty sure that one is accurate and that means I've lost 3 inches in the last week.. Whoo hooo!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I have such a hard time with measurements. I feel like I get the same area most times, but then am I pulling the tape tighter or not as tight? I don't know. For my hips, I try to grab the biggest part of my butt. For my waist I went to about an inch above my bellybutton. I think as long as you get the same place you can compare. I think I'm going to measure my stomach too. I think I'll see the most movement there, at the biggest part of my stomach. I have excess fat/skin (hopefully fat that I can melt off) hanging around from my babies. I want to see that move!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Thanks Shammrock!

Hey Debbie, where are the lushes? Is there a new thread somewhere? I can't find it!:sad: :cry:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    So hey.... I was just doing a "check in" and i'm having problems with measuring my hips. Where are you suppose to measure? Around your hip bone, your thighs, your butt? I'm so confused:frown: I've been measuring my waist so that the tape wraps right around my belly button so i'm pretty sure that one is accurate and that means I've lost 3 inches in the last week.. Whoo hooo!

Here are some websites that give tips on taking measurements:
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-get-your-body-measurements.html
    http://www.curvycounselor.com/how-to-take-body-measurements.html
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1281

But basically - your hips is the widest part of your rear-end - it should be low enough that the tape measure in the back goes across your butt (if you're on your lower back, you're too high).

For your waist, you can find it by bending to the side. Where you bend naturally (you'll see the skin crease) is your natural waist. Typically this is the slimmest part of your mid-section, slightly above belly-button level.
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Thanks Shammrock!

Hey Debbie, where are the lushes? Is there a new thread somewhere? I can't find it!:sad: :cry:

go to the last page of the locked thread and it will have a little arrow saying "continued here" and that will take you right to part 2.

I completed my food journal yesterday! First time ever! :happy: But I forgot the cake. :sad: Can I still go back and edit after I hit completed? Also, we did not have any lunch fixin's for today so I tried Wendy's Apple Pecan salad not knowing it had blue cheese on it. Scraped as much as I could off (saving 100 calories) but still some there and I am not going to finish it. Can you edit an entry to say like .90 percent? Or delete and then re-enter?

April, way to go on the inches!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    I completed my food journal yesterday! First time ever! :happy: But I forgot the cake. :sad: Can I still go back and edit after I hit completed? Also, we did not have any lunch fixin's for today so I tried Wendy's Apple Pecan salad not knowing it had blue cheese on it. Scraped as much as I could off (saving 100 calories) but still some there and I am not going to finish it. Can you edit an entry to say like .90 percent? Or delete and then re-enter?

Yes, you can edit your food diary even after hitting "complete" - the only thing that complete button does is tell you what you'd weigh in 5 weeks if you ate the same amount and burned the same calories every day, and it posts to your news feed, if you have that option turned on. You can hit "complete" as many times as you want, but it only posts to your news feed the first time.

To edit a food you've already got in your diary, click on the name of the food and a box will pop up to let you edit the servings. You can enter decimals (I do that all the time - 0.75 servings, 1.5 servings, etc.) and you can even enter negative servings. Negative servings are helpful when you eat out and left something off of the dish, but the restaurant only provides nutrition info for the whole dish. For example, I left off the wonton strips one time from a salad, and entered a negative portion of wonton strips to show that in my diary.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Kasi (AprilStar) gently reminded me that I hadn't shared the info on the jalapeno yogurt dip yet. Oops! Here it is:

We actually bought ours at costco, it's called "Skotidakis jalapeno yogurt dip" - the ingredients are as follows:

Yogurt, garlic, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, onions, green bell peppers, canola oil, salt, paprika. It's smooth, so it's all been blended together quite well.

Seems like it could be easily made from home, with amounts of the veggies & spices appropriate to your individual tastes/preferences.
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    That sounds good, we always have yogurt and jalapeno slices in the refrig. Good idea for using a little tomato that is getting ripe too.

Treadmill again today! Discussing dinner suggestions I wanted to do the fish again (110 calories) but DH said no. He has Bubba Burgers in the freezer - 340 calories. hmmm Found some Bubba Turkey burgers, only 160. I could put them on PP farm light bread 45 calorie per slice with lettuce and tomato and a little mayo. Or skip the bread? add green beans? But then I would still want some kind of condiment on the turkey I think. What about just a slice of pinapple and onion? Decisions decisions...

Trent, do you make your own dinner or eat with the family? And those of you with kids (like 4 - gasp) do you make seperate meals for the family and then for yourself? Luckily with just DH it is pretty easy although he is a big Atkins fan and I am more Weight Watchers.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Trent, do you make your own dinner or eat with the family? And those of you with kids (like 4 - gasp) do you make seperate meals for the family and then for yourself? Luckily with just DH it is pretty easy although he is a big Atkins fan and I am more Weight Watchers.

I eat with my family - we take turns cooking dinner since it's all adults in the house now... but I'm lucky because my mom's pretty health-conscious as well and is always looking for yummy healthy food choices. My stepdad's not quite as conscious about making healthy choices, but he's starting to learn and most of his dinners aren't too bad.