Fat Fighters - Round 2 Fit n' Trim (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I really need to start posting on here more! I've been lurking, but have been busy so don't have much time to actually post anything. I'm going to try to be better at that :smile:

SO excited because today was the 2nd day in a row I weighed in the 170's!!! 179.8......but it's still in the 170's! I seriously have NO clue the last time I was in the 170's......5th grade maybe??? :laugh:

Debbie - I do all the cooking in my house.....although, it's just me, my husband and a 6 month old that I stay home with. My husband will (thankfully!) eat anything I put in front of him and he is also in the process of losing weight so he prefers healthier dinners. However, I'm a vegetarian and he isn't, so sometimes I make two different dinners. For the most part, I just cook him a piece of chicken, pork or beef and I eat just sides.

Trent - that dip sounds REALLY good - what do you eat with it? I went to an Amish town yesterday and did some shopping and picked up some dip mixes....the packets say to mix the dip with 1 cup mayo and 1 cup sour cream. I was going to use light for both, but I bet greek yogurt could easily be substituted for the sour cream.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    172.2 this morning for me. Exactly what I weighed on Saturday. It is a good loss since Wednesday but I am very disappointed since I have been sooo careful since Saturday. I can't seem to. Get out of the stupid 170s if my life depended on it. So I wrote 169 on my hands (lol) and I am bound and determinded to get to at least 171 next week. Ugh! I did start 30 day shred and usually gain weight my first week so I supose I should be happy. Grrrr
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    SO excited because today was the 2nd day in a row I weighed in the 170's!!! 179.8......but it's still in the 170's! I seriously have NO clue the last time I was in the 170's......5th grade maybe??? :laugh:

Trent - that dip sounds REALLY good - what do you eat with it? I went to an Amish town yesterday and did some shopping and picked up some dip mixes....the packets say to mix the dip with 1 cup mayo and 1 cup sour cream. I was going to use light for both, but I bet greek yogurt could easily be substituted for the sour cream.

Woohoo! Congrats on making it into the 170s! There are quite a few of us in this "decade" right now...

I've had that yogurt dip with veggies, chips, on crackers, bread... I'm not real picky when it comes to stuff like that. Pretty much anything you'd spread something on.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    172.2 this morning for me. Exactly what I weighed on Saturday. It is a good loss since Wednesday but I am very disappointed since I have been sooo careful since Saturday. I can't seem to. Get out of the stupid 170s if my life depended on it. So I wrote 160 on my hands (lol) and I am bound and determinded to get to at least 171 next week. Ugh!

Keep on going - I haven't been out of the 170s yet, either (I'm not as close as you) but all we can really do is just keep on trying. Like Dory said in Finding Nemo - "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim." :laugh:
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Mcfatterton, I'm so excited for u! Bet u r on top of the world today!:D

Thanks, Trenton! I am going to run hard today before my 30 day shred and I hope that does something for me. :) swimming....swimming! Lol
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    McFatterton, so excited for you too! Sorry to say I did not make it into the 70's this week, only lost one pound. :sad: Why now that I am eating right and exercising? I must be building muscle (hehe)

At least we have the 1 pound advantage this week, hopefully that will mean another win.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy we have that 1 pound advantage this week. Sorry guys I'm up 0.4 pounds since last week's weigh in. Pretty proud of myself I made it to the gym Monday and Tuesday. My dad has had a really good last couple days, so life has been a bit easier. If I didn't know better, I would swear the grape juice he guzzles is curing his cancer!

Good job with your losses, everyone!
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    wow, good job everybody. Looks like right now our own Irishgal is in the number one spot! :smokin: Seems like the other team is holding off posting to drive us crazy. :laugh:

Trent, can you verify the calculation for the percentages? I thought it was pounds lost divided by beginning weight x 100. For last week I got .88 for the muscle busters and 1.22 for us but Kim has .89 and 1.24. Maybe I am figuring it wrong.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    wow, good job everybody. Looks like right now our own Irishgal is in the number one spot! :smokin: Seems like the other team is holding off posting to drive us crazy. :laugh:

Trent, can you verify the calculation for the percentages? I thought it was pounds lost divided by beginning weight x 100. For last week I got .88 for the muscle busters and 1.22 for us but Kim has .89 and 1.24. Maybe I am figuring it wrong.

Debbie...it is the current weight that I use to calculate, so today's weight, not the starting weight...for the Second Chance Comeback, I will use the starting weight
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    I was talking about for last week's totals. I am off, maybe you are taking it out to 4 places?
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    I was talking about for last week's totals. I am off, maybe you are taking it out to 4 places?

Yeah, it's your rounding method. The actual % lost is .8861% (15.3/1726.7) and 1.2358% (18/1456.5), which rounds to .87% and 1.24% when going to two decimals.
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Debbie...it is the current weight that I use to calculate, so today's weight, not the starting weight...for the Second Chance Comeback, I will use the starting weight

I got it now, you are using 1726.70 for muscle builders and 1456.50 for fat fighters for last week, correct? now I get the same figures. I thought I was losing it. :drinker: < maybe my problem? hee
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options

I got it now, you are using 1726.70 for muscle builders and 1456.50 for fat fighters for last week, correct? now I get the same figures. I thought I was losing it. :drinker: < maybe my problem? hee

Right - those are the starting weight totals for each team according to the spreadsheet Kim posted.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Trent, do you make your own dinner or eat with the family? And those of you with kids (like 4 - gasp) do you make seperate meals for the family and then for yourself? Luckily with just DH it is pretty easy although he is a big Atkins fan and I am more Weight Watchers.

I eat with my family - we take turns cooking dinner since it's all adults in the house now... but I'm lucky because my mom's pretty health-conscious as well and is always looking for yummy healthy food choices. My stepdad's not quite as conscious about making healthy choices, but he's starting to learn and most of his dinners aren't too bad.
    I have 4 kids and a husband that I have to cook for. I try to cook as healthy as possible most of the time. I even try to sneak in substitutes like ground turkey instead of beef but it doesn't always work out that way. My husband hates it when I do that:tongue:. I eat with them about 80% of the time and just watch my serving sizes but on occassion I will make myself something different. Usually I will use what they are having (like tacos) and make myself a salad using the healthier ingredients. It's tuff sometimes but I seam to do okay with my calories (unless I have drinks):drinker:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I went to the store yesterday (forgot the list of ingredients for the dip) but I looked for the premade stuff and couldn't find it. Anyways, my question right now is... What is so special about greek yogurt? I looked at a few of them and they seamed to have more calories that a regular yogurt. Is there something in it that is good for you that you wouldn't find in a yoplait?
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    It is the protein. You get about 2-3 times as much.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    I went to the store yesterday (forgot the list of ingredients for the dip) but I looked for the premade stuff and couldn't find it. Anyways, my question right now is... What is so special about greek yogurt? I looked at a few of them and they seamed to have more calories that a regular yogurt. Is there something in it that is good for you that you wouldn't find in a yoplait?

I prefer greek yogurt - as Heather said, they're higher in protein, but they also tend to be less sweet than traditional yogurt. Most of the common yogurt brands (like Yoplait) really aren't that great for you - they're high in added sugars (milk already has a bit of natural sugar!) and lots of other additives. My favorite greek yogurt, Fage (the 0% fat, plain) has basically 2 ingredients: milk and the bacteria than turns the milk into yogurt. Granted, not all greek yogurts are that "clean" - many have added sugars & other stuff as well, but in general they do tend to be less sweet, and most are much higher in protein than standard yogurt.

You can actually make your own version of greek yogurt (we call it yogurt cheese) by lining a wire mesh strainer with cheesecloth and pouring yogurt into it, place that in a bowl and leave it in the fridge overnight. Some of the whey will drain out into the bowl and you'll be left with a thicker yogurt.

Some people don't like greek yogurt - they say it's too sour, but I love it. I think as long as you don't expect it to taste exactly like regular yogurt, it's fine. Greek yogurt is great to use in things like dips (because of how thick it is) and we've actually used it as a topping for homemade cakes (we add a little stevia to sweeten it up).
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Thanks guys, I usually don't eat too much yogurt but I will definately try it expecially for dips :)
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    Yay, We won!
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Yay, We won!

Sooooo awesome! And I almost won this weeks amazing challenge until faith won at the end. Oh well! Good for her. What an amazing loss!

Greek yogurt...I am an adict! Love it so much that I ran out and have been thinking about it all day. Honestly...it is that yummy and totally good. I even lick the container like a dog just to make sure I get every possible taste. Lol!