Fat Fighters - Round 2 Fit n' Trim (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Yay, We won!

Sooooo awesome! And I almost won this weeks amazing challenge until faith won at the end. Oh well! Good for her. What an amazing loss!

Greek yogurt...I am an adict! Love it so much that I ran out and have been thinking about it all day. Honestly...it is that yummy and totally good. I even lick the container like a dog just to make sure I get every possible taste. Lol!

:laugh: I do that with other things. Glad to know I'm not the only one. I have only tried Greek Yogurt once and didn't like it. However, to be fair, I was expecting it to be like normal yogurt. I wonder if I could use that with my fruit and granola. I picked up the Dannon Light and Fit and am so disappointed. I can eat it with my other stuff but I can still tell its "light" - ick! I will definately make sure I grab the right thing going forward.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    The Fat Fighters win again! But did you see the lowest two people on each team have to switch teams next week? yuck. Plus Faith is going be gunning for one of us with a half pound handicap. :sad:

I don't care that much for greek yogurt, probably because it is so thick. But might be good as a dip.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I was right behind ya Irishgal! And Faith, Wow!!! Debbie thats the same lushy Faith that listens to Kris Kros and posts hilarious updates throughout her lushy nights right??? If so that is totally awesome that she is able to balance everything out that well:drinker:

I'm going shopping tonight for our camping trip this weekend and I'm gonna get stuff to make hummas and a yogurt dip. I hope they turn out good cause i tend to munch alot more than normal when I camp. I do plan on taking some long walks and a lot of paintballing too so that should help.
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    I was right behind ya Irishgal! And Faith, Wow!!! Debbie thats the same lushy Faith that listens to Kris Kros and posts hilarious updates throughout her lushy nights right??? If so that is totally awesome that she is able to balance everything out that well:drinker:

I'm going shopping tonight for our camping trip this weekend and I'm gonna get stuff to make hummas and a yogurt dip. I hope they turn out good cause i tend to munch alot more than normal when I camp. I do plan on taking some long walks and a lot of paintballing too so that should help.

That's aussie Faith all right, I think she puked up all her drinks and dinner last binge though which probably contributed to her weight loss. :bigsmile: You guys all did good, makes me proud to be a Fat Fighter!

What are you going to use to dip in the yogurt? What about some baby carrots and celery?

I didn't have time to pack my lunch today and was looking up nutrution info for Wendy's and Taco Bell and McDonalds, not great. We have a Subway close but it is hard to get to. Then I remembered the Target across the street has a small grocery section now and I had to go there anyway so I got a Smart Ones and a banana. Saved a bunch of calories. :wink:
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any kind of greek yogurt besides the Athenos with blueberry or strawberry. They have a honey but I hate plain honey so NO WAY :noway: would I try that!!! :sick: Mmmmmm I almost feel like i need to make a special trip to get some before the weekend - it's 30 minutes away but I'm craving it that much.

What r you all having for supper? I'm dying for suggestions. Thining of bbq chicken on the grill and some steamed vegie to go with it...thoughts? Suggestions? :flowerforyou:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options

That's aussie Faith all right, I think she puked up all her drinks and dinner last binge though which probably contributed to her weight loss. :bigsmile: You guys all did good, makes me proud to be a Fat Fighter!

What are you going to use to dip in the yogurt? What about some baby carrots and celery?

I didn't have time to pack my lunch today and was looking up nutrution info for Wendy's and Taco Bell and McDonalds, not great. We have a Subway close but it is hard to get to. Then I remembered the Target across the street has a small grocery section now and I had to go there anyway so I got a Smart Ones and a banana. Saved a bunch of calories. :wink:
    I'm gonna get a variety of veggies and maybe some pita chips or wheat thins or something cause i have to get real chips for the kids and I don't want to be tempted (I love salty snacks).

I got Arby's for my family yesterday and decided I really didn't want to try to burn all the calories in anything they had. I wanted to try the chicken pecan sandwich but they couldn't make it without the dressing so i said no.

Good job making a smart pick for lunch! I just finished eating a Healthy Choice meal for lunch today and it was really good! I had chicken parmigiana and it had a carmel apple crisp ..mmmmm, it was so good:smile:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any kind of greek yogurt besides the Athenos with blueberry or strawberry. They have a honey but I hate plain honey so NO WAY :noway: would I try that!!! :sick: Mmmmmm I almost feel like i need to make a special trip to get some before the weekend - it's 30 minutes away but I'm craving it that much.

What r you all having for supper? I'm dying for suggestions. Thining of bbq chicken on the grill and some steamed vegie to go with it...thoughts? Suggestions? :flowerforyou:

I don't like honey plain either, but I add a teaspoon to plain fat free greek yogurt (like Fage) and it sweetens it just enough to cut out the tart/sour taste. Recently I've tried the Chobani with fruit and O.M.G. are they good! There's a ton of different flavors, but I try not to eat those too often because they're so much higher in sugar than the plain. I've been on a big smoothie kick lately and I had a 1/2 cup of plain non-fat greek yogurt to it. Yummy!

For dinner - I'm making roasted asparagus, rice (LOVE my rice cooker!) and my husband will get a baked pork chop. My dinners tend to be light cause I eat too much during the day :wink:
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Last night we had chicken breast strips with stir fry onions and peppers plus the rest of the pineapple from the night before. I made mine into sweet and sour chicken and DH used chili sauce to make his spicy. Added some Uncle Ben's rice and it was all good. I think it came out to under 500 calories. I know, I don't have any problems with breakfast or lunch but I do with dinner. Maybe that is because I can eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch 4 times a week but not dinner.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    No idea what's for dinner. I should stop at the store and pick something up but not sure that's going to happen. I need to text the hubby and see what he thinks.
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Maria, I just saw over in the first challenge that you are one of the two finalists! Way to go! We're cheering for you.
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone. I'm so happy that we won again. :)

All this talk about yogurt makes me think of how I used to love it. Ever since I had my son two years ago I've avoided it because I started getting stomach cramps/puking every time I'd eat yogurt. :sad: Not fun.

Good luck to everyone this coming weekend! I'm excited since I'm done early tomorrow so I get close to a three day weekend and then my in-laws are coming from Ohio Memorial weekend.
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Maria, I just saw over in the first challenge that you are one of the two finalists! Way to go! We're cheering for you.

That is so awesome Maria!

I'm with McDebbie on the "Way to go!"
  • irishgal44
    Options

That is so awesome Maria!

I'm with McDebbie on the "Way to go!"

Awe thank u! And as u all might see, I get the .5 lb disadvantage this next week...she chose the wrong week to pick on me cause I am working my buns off to lose big so I win the first challenge! Lol! I really wanna win it!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    That's too funny! You'll do awesome.. and our team will back ya up! We are kickin' butt!

I made some dip yesterday... I made a 3 pepper hummas dip that turned out really good and it was super easy! And I bought some greek yogurt and I cheated and bought the powder dip mixes for onion and ranch dips. The onion one turned out really well but the ranch one still tastes alot like yogurt... maybe I can try to doctor it up a bit :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's having a good day!! I successfully ignored the cookies that someone put out by the coffee machine today. :drinker: (And they included the powdered-sugar-covered "wedding cookie" type balls, which are one of my favorite cookies! :noway: )

I'm making a frozen banana-chocolate pie tonight, so I'm saving the room for that delicious homemade treat. :bigsmile:
  • irishgal44
    Options
    So proud of our group for working so hard on our weight loss journeys and our contest! Saw 171.4 on the scale today. Wow that excited me! Really hoping to see 169 Monday morning so if I lose the contest I will still be super proud! Lol! And then keep off the weight and show 168.8 or so for Wednesday. We can do this!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    So proud of our group for working so hard on our weight loss journeys and our contest! Saw 171.4 on the scale today. Wow that excited me! Really hoping to see 169 Monday morning so if I lose the contest I will still be super proud! Lol! And then keep off the weight and show 168.8 or so for Wednesday. We can do this!

That's great! I'm hoping to see a good number next week, but I'm trying to keep my weigh-ins to weigh-in days only... I was getting a bit obsessive there for awhile, and it's just unnecessary.

Had a GREAT workout today - ran just over 8.25 miles, my longest run yet. I'm psyched for the Boulder-Boulder 10k race next weekend.

Made some homemade chocolate-banana freezer pie (recipe from the clean eating magazine) - it was delicious! Great for a warm day. :smile:
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Oh do share your recipe!!! Yummy!! Great job on the loong run too. Awesomes

I have a Saturday group I weigh in with...kinda happy when it ends so I can hide the scale again. :)
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Hi Guys.. I'm back! I think I did alright for my weekend away. I got super drunk Friday night and didn't do to great with calories but Saturday I was hung over and didn't feel like eating too much so that helped and we played about 2 and a half to 3 hours of Paintball!
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    I did not exercise Friday and Saturday but did watch the calories, exercised today but ate a stupid peanut butter cookie that was 160 calories! Big waste. Well, it was very good. Trent, good for you for resisting but if you hadn't mentioned peanut butter cookies I may not have opened the package..... just kidding! I am going overboard with the scales too but I just started so I guess it is understandable. Wonder if we will all get to a time when we weigh only once a week or so.

Maria, keeping my fingers crossed for you tomorrow!

AprilStar - what's your real name by the way? - I hope you got the kids good in the paintball game! Hope you chose wisely for getting drunk. :bigsmile: