Strange names

Options

Replies

• california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    The Marine Corp recuiter that used to come to my college was named, **** Skinner. Not sure of his rank at the time, but I always prayed for him to get promoted to Major, so he would then be a Major **** Skinner.
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    There was a set of twins named Cain and Abel. Cain was the oldest. Did they not read the story? When twins are in the womb and in the hospital they are referred to by Twin A and Twin B. This mother got mad that the hospital named her twins. Long story short, they are now known as TwinAsha and TwinBsha. Some people shouldn't breed.
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oh and I forgot the name of the year Pandora. People really need to research names before they name their children.
  • aoifebr
    aoifebr Posts: 92
    Options
    I recently meet a guy called Peter - pretty average right & not very funny till you realise his surname is Pan yep he's Peter Pan!!!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I call professors all day and I had a Professor Fat Ho (seriously spelt that way) that I had to call--I would always laugh when his voicemail came up, had to hang up and call back....terrible.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My mom had 5 kids: Lindsy, Alex, Breeanne, Chelsea, Hayley.

I named my son: Auston.

None of these are strange names - but we were the only ones in school and college with them. And, I've never met anyone else who spelled Lindsy like I do.

My husbands favorite car is the Aston Martin, so he wanted to name our son Aston. I slipped a "u" in there on the birth certificate so he wouldn't get called "a**". LOL
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I know Autumn Day and Summer Snow. :tongue:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    The most unfortunate name I've ever known someone personally having is Dagmar Hagbloom. I kid you not. My friend's maiden name was Hagbloom, and her aunt was named Dagmar.
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My husband is a police officer and has a frequent offender by the name of La-dia...not to wierd until you realize that she seriously prounounces it "La dashdia" LOL I dont know why but that just cracks me up!!! some people!!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I was in the Army with a Brian B Butler. Very common until you realize that B was not an intial, it was his full middle name.

Every time he had to fill out some kind of paper work, the conversation would always go something like this:

"Sir, I need your full middle name on this form"
    "That is my full middle name"
    "No Sir, this is just your initial"
    "B is my middle name"
    "OK, but what does B stand for?"
    "My middle name is the letter B!"
  • RubyLarkspur77
    RubyLarkspur77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My neighbor has 3 sons and they all have practically the same name. The father's name is Wayne. They named their first son Jason DeWayne. The second son is Daniel Wayne. And their third child is Wayne Jr. They just call him J. R. I think it's sad that they couldn't come up with different names for their children.
  • LdyGeko
    LdyGeko Posts: 433
    Options
    I used to type medical reports for a living - and the doctor pronounced this guy's first name as "shy-theed" - guess how it was spelled? Sh!thead. Yes, seriously. He was from another country, so at least it wasn't deliberate, that's just how it was written in English. <shakes head> If I moved here and found out my name was like that, I'd have to legally change it....
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I knew a Ben Dover...he went by Benji

My favorite is this girl who went to the courts to get her name changed. They allowed it because "Talula does the hula from Hawaii" was just too cruel.

Or the daughter of a Texas govenor...Ima Hogg
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    When I worked at Starbucks I met tons of people and the one that stuck out the most was a woman named Kandi Barr!! NO LIE I saw it on her credit card! I also have a friend who went to school with a Cinnamon Jenkins and a Bootsie Dynamite Williams haha! I wish I was making this up but I swear on my mothers eyes I'm not.

Oh I remembered one more. One of my dads good friends that he hung out with when I was young was named Bernie Blaze Luis. Yep Blaze was his middle name. Pretty sweet actually.
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    Friend in highschool - January. She worked in a coffee shop and wore the nametag 'martha' because so many people gave her a hard time about her real name.

My grade 3 teacher was Mrs. Flood. Her son was Flash (Gordon) Flood. Her daughter was Spring Flood.
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Mine are both Seans. Once I found the name Sean Close on a database somewhere and thought it highly amusing, until I met, in the flesh, had several pints with and can genuinely verify the existence of.....: Sean Beavor!
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Or the daughter of a Texas govenor...Ima Hogg

I live near the Varner-Hogg Plantation, remember this was years ago, but yes the daughter was Ima and the other was Ura
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I use to work with a woman that named her first born Bart. Which I can't get past thinking Bart Simpson. When she had her second son I thought it can't be worse, but she named him Wood. Poor kid. Esp. being a boy, who he doomed to be made fun of. and my hubby grew up with a George George ????
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Worked in Biotech as Sales & Marketing - met lots of folks. Names I'll never forget: Mary Pat Beavers; D!ck Wife; Bum Bum Yum. Try calling for and asking to speak to the latter with a straight face. D!ck Wife was a fairly senior scientist... The first time I was introduced to him, I asked if he was kidding!

Edited to edit D!ck
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    my actual name is Leora. which is Hebrew/Egyptian.

I am Mexican. Do not ask me how i wound up with this name, no one in my family is even sure... and i hate it. i get called Leroy almost every day. do i look like a Leroy? um no...

p.s. i work in healthcare and once met a lady with the name Bich Nguyen. I can only imagine how badly she wanted to change her name...