Do you think it is inappropriate..

Options
Karleyyy
Karleyyy Posts: 857
if someone has a picture of their butt (clothed, underwear), a practically nude picture, or something along those lines? I am not saying that I think it is inappropriate, because I really don't. But I am curious about other peoples opinions.

Replies

• Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    As long as it's no more than I'd see at my local swimming pool, I don't have a problem with it.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Well, sometimes, it's like "okaaaaaay then" when I see some of the pics on here. Then again, if you have that much body confidence, go for it!:smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    that depends on the context I guess. If someone is trying to show differences, and they are showing pictures to emphasize those differences, I imagine it's ok. How us moderators usually do it is, if you wouldn't show your Mother a picture, don't post it on here.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    that depends on the context I guess. If someone is trying to show differences, and they are showing pictures to emphasize those differences, I imagine it's ok. How us moderators usually do it is, if you wouldn't show your Mother a picture, don't post it on here.

Agreed. I love seeing the difference but don't think some of the "underwear" pictures are appropriate....maybe I'm old-fashioned though.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options

Agreed. I love seeing the difference but don't think some of the "underwear" pictures are appropriate....maybe I'm old-fashioned though.

i agree
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I too am old fashion. There is a difference between a bathing suit bottom and underwear. I don't want to see it here. Like the gentleman before me said "if you would not show that picture to your mother [or your pastor]:noway: it don't belong on here. Like I said I am old fashion and proud of it.:happy:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I too am old fashion. There is a difference between a bathing suit bottom and underwear. I don't want to see it here. Like the gentleman before me said "if you would not show that picture to your mother [or your pastor]:noway: it don't belong on here. Like I said I am old fashion and proud of it.:happy:

Just curious but what IS the diffrencebetween underwear and bathing suit bottoms? I dont see it.
    Would if you the type of person who does not care what kind of pictures you mother sees of you,what do you go by then lol
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options

Just curious but what IS the diffrencebetween underwear and bathing suit bottoms? I dont see it.
    Would if you the type of person who does not care what kind of pictures you mother sees of you,what do you go by then lol

I'll drink to that! :drinker: :drinker:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I have no issues with it.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I dont want to see it, but thats me.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    depends on the context. My other half sending pictures of his butt to another girl, yeah, id have an issue with, but seeing pictures of peoples butts clothed, in a general context, or before and after pictures of weight loss for example, no, i wouldnt have a problem with.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    it doesn't bother me because of the context -it's people wanting to show how much weight they've lost and with clothes out of the way it's easier to show.

Admittedly, i won't ever be doing that cause i'm a prude! lol!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Does not bother me. Each to there own whatever makes them happy.
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468
    Options
    As long as it's no more than I'd see at my local swimming pool, I don't have a problem with it.

Agreed.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    personally, i think that when you do stuff like that, people get the wrong idea of you and you get attention from the wrong kinds of people. i'm very conservative though, and i would MUCH rather someone say "hey, you're profile is really interesting" then "hey, nice tits".

if you think you have a nice butt, and you want people to see it, then take a full body shot that shows off your butt without it looking trashy or offending people.

BUT....if you WANT that sort of attention, then go for it! it you want people to tell you how sexy you look, that's fine. but you have to expect the different kinds of attention it's going to receive as well.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the intent.

I don't necessarily like the underwear pics because I don't find their taste in lingerie/undies to be good. I have seen many pics with dirty bras and that's just nasty...god knows what the underwear is like.

Personally, I don't think posting yourself in underclothes on the internet is very smart, unless you cut your head/face out of the picture. If I'm goin' down, it won't be because of a pic I posted to show progress.
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me at all, except for when I log in at work. There are some that people would really wonder what website you were on, if they passed by.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    depends on the context. My other half sending pictures of his butt to another girl, yeah, id have an issue with, but seeing pictures of peoples butts clothed, in a general context, or before and after pictures of weight loss for example, no, i wouldnt have a problem with.

This.

Though I would imagine if my husband was trying to seduce someone, the very last thing to do would be posting pictures of his naked butt. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but....well, it's not really a turn on is it?
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    good point...i'm also a teacher, so it's all about how things "look" on the internet. if i have a picture of me on facebook with a drink in my hand, it would "look" bad, even if i just had a glass of wine or something at dinner....it's just not something i can do...
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, the first time I saw an underwear picture under the success stories I was like, whoa what the...?! Lol I felt kind of pervy looking at it. I get that it's the same as if you were in a bathing suit, but personally I would not do it. These pictures are 100% public so I would rather my co-workers or clients stumble across a picture of me in a bikini than my bra and panties. Just my personal preference. I'll save the sexy lingerie photos for my boyfriend. :wink: