Not trying to bash on men

Options

Replies

• p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    Sad thing is that people in general are habitual. We do what works the most consistantly right, so the sad thing is if some of the men being spoken of are using primitive tactics it may be that unfortunately that those primitive tactics occasionally work. For some 1 for 20 is enough of a statistic to continue. In baseball we always said you can fail 7 out of 10 times and still be a millionare, I wonder if some men adopt this same stat :laugh:

Now as always I have to speak up for the fellas, lately I've noticed a much more bold and assertive species of woman. Ones that have no problem telling a man who is a complete stranger what they want from him (usually it is not hugs/cuddles and sweet nothings). Is the tide shifting or is society just more tolerable to aggressive females?
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I hear that P90

I was at the bar the other day and a girl smacked my behind on her way out!
    It definitely woke me up!
    Needless to say my girlfriend wasn't pleased, as she was standing right next to me.

And 1 out of 20 is AWESOME odds, lol, I think most guys would hang in there for 1 out of 500.
    (giggity) lol
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I hear that P90

Needless to say my girlfriend wasn't pleased, as she was standing right next to me.

And 1 out of 20 is AWESOME odds, lol, I think most guys would hang in there for 1 out of 500.
    (giggity) lol

oh sorry i didnt mean to offend your GF the other day at the bar....
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    I hear that P90

(giggity) lol
    1 in 500? come on,
    When my ship pulls into port and I'm wearing my Dress Blues, women are like putty in hands. LOL
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I hear that P90

(giggity) lol

its okay, but was the squeeze necessary? lol
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I hear that P90

(giggity) lol

:laugh: yes it was!!! Ali told me that we needed to check and see if the muscles in the hiney area are getting firmer from your dance routines.... now i gotta go check the other PIT men to make sure they are firming up too:wink:
  • Overfiftyfit
    Options
    :sad: :brokenheart: I haven't had a guy check me out in several years not even my husband. I can only hope that if he sees me making progress with my weight loss that he will catch on and start caring about his weight also. Maybe he will appreciate me more too.

Does anyone have a problem with their spouses losing interest in them because of the weight gain? I want to be in love with my man again.
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My favorite is probably when at the gym and there is an entire row of ellipticals. Like 10....and I am on one, the rest are empty and a guy will look at me and get on the one right next to me! And keep glancing over. :laugh: :laugh: I mean, how obvious can you get??
    That reminded me of years ago when I belonged to a gym. The aerobics class was in front and the weights were in back. When the aerobics class started, you could not get on a machine towards the front. Then there were the guys had to get a drink at the water foutain in front of the class. Talk about guys struting their stuff. I always planned my workout by using the machines in front before the class started and the ones in the back after the class started. I was head over heals in love at the time and
    did not even want to look.

:laugh: I was getting checked out in the gym yesterday, whilst doing man type things....she was less than subtle about it too. (and i am less than pretty when i have been working out for an hour and a half i can assure you). makes me want to go again now but have too much work on. :drinker:

I can't do the checking out thing as i can't see good without the glasses so it's all just a bit of a blur, I hope people don't think my squinting at things as being an offensive leer.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I hear that P90

(giggity) lol
    1 in 500? come on,
    When my ship pulls into port and I'm wearing my Dress Blues, women are like putty in hands. LOL

No kidding - I was at the Chicago airport and a group of young sailors were waiting at my gate, and it was getting warm in there! It was the epitome of the cliche - they were just as sexy as I had always imagined!!!! :tongue:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Sad thing is that people in general are habitual. We do what works the most consistantly right, so the sad thing is if some of the men being spoken of are using primitive tactics it may be that unfortunately that those primitive tactics occasionally work. For some 1 for 20 is enough of a statistic to continue. In baseball we always said you can fail 7 out of 10 times and still be a millionare, I wonder if some men adopt this same stat :laugh:

Now as always I have to speak up for the fellas, lately I've noticed a much more bold and assertive species of woman. Ones that have no problem telling a man who is a complete stranger what they want from him (usually it is not hugs/cuddles and sweet nothings). Is the tide shifting or is society just more tolerable to aggressive females?

YES - I think some women are getting more agressive!!!! My single girlfriends are wild with men - if I weren't married, I don't think I could make it in the bar/club/dating scene these days!!!

I think it's great to admire the opposite sex - although a PG-13 version...
    :smile:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I hear that P90

(giggity) lol

:laugh: yes it was!!! Ali told me that we needed to check and see if the muscles in the hiney area are getting firmer from your dance routines.... now i gotta go check the other PIT men to make sure they are firming up too:wink:

Hey fellas! jackeh says line up and assume the position! :huh:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options

You know, I really think it is so. I am on a large university campus and even though I usually am busy in a relatively insulated environment, I have overheard some absolutely incredible cell phone calls. One very attractive blond co-ed female in all seriousness..."well, next time we're ***king I'll just keep my pillow over my face so I don't distract you."

One of my male colleagues was seriously stalked by a student during open tutor hours. She would sit next to him and rub his legs with her foot and be very blatant in her attentions. He came to me for advice and I took him to our supervisor to be reassigned so, the student could not claim harassment...she seemed a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I think, in many ways, the media portrays the very aggressive female as the heroine. Girls grow up seeing this type of female get the man she wants in movies or tv. In this way, many are convinced that being aggressive is the only way to get _______(fill in the blank here...recognition, be popular, find love, be adventuresome...etc.)
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I was at a family type restaraunt today and it's one of those stares that you see out of the corner of your eye....three guys at the table ahead of me....ugh...and I hear like snickers so I hope they weren't talking about me! :grumble:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    Worst lines.

Shake it shake it baby, but don't break it.

Oh, I'd like to take you home and dress you up. (What am I, a doll? a toy? I don't know how to choose my own clothing???)

You're a spinner (what the heck??? I didn't stay to ask, his tone grossed me out)

(in a club) You dance, (clap), Yeaaaaahhhhhhhh (two thumbs up) (I think he was Italian?)
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    i dont know what to say im pretty secure and dont mind when guys check me out at all. :laugh:
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    i dont know what to say im pretty secure and dont mind when guys check me out at all. :laugh:
    its the way they leer that gets me:blushing: although i think this may be one of the differences between guys and gals, i don't mind if a girl stares at me, but in a good way- not like shes gonna be sick from what shes looking at:sick: ... again doens' happen very often so you can take that with a grain of salt.. ack well:grumble: :grumble: :wink:
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options

Hey, it is my goal to be one of those moms whos teenage son gets embarrassed because his friends say "Your mom is hot!!" :laugh: :laugh: That's my motivation!! haha!

My 15 year old son gets told that all the time. Now, before I go to any of the events at the high school, I have to check with him to make sure what I am wearing is ok. He says he doesn't like it when his friends talk about me like I am some high school tease..Poor kid.
  • jlwhelan1
    Options

Ah, ya probably like it when the fellas check ya out, eh?:wink:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if guys check me out or not. I once had a guy ask me out and I didn't know he was asking me out and I turned him down by accident. I've never been in the dating scene or anything! If a guy is looking at me or comments me, I would never know if they are hitting on me or just being nice. I have had many guys say that im pretty, but I would always pass it off as them being nice. I cant tell its all the same to me. I guess it dont really matter anyways since im married, but it would be nice to tell the difference. hahaha
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Woot!! just wanted to be the 100th post on here. I know.. im a retard haha