everything in moderation? i respectfully disagree

Options

Replies

• ambalam
    ambalam Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My god, I'm so stressed out about the chemicals I ate today that I smoked a half a pack of cigarettes while I read this!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    If I spend all my money buying organic I wont have any left for the strip club,hmmmm over price food or lap dances sCo_hmmthink.gif decisions decisions

Lap dance, obviously. Just don't eat.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't want to live forever if I can't have a Snickers bar or pepperoni pizza once in a while.
  • Heather75
    Options
    My god, I'm so stressed out about the chemicals I ate today that I smoked a half a pack of cigarettes while I read this!!

Nice!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options

LMAO!:laugh:
  • Nailrep
    Options
    Hmmm...but yet dark beers and red wines actually have health benefits when drank...IN MODERATION. loling.

Please pass the bottle....:drinker:
  • katberz
    katberz Posts: 123
    Options
    It's just food. I wish people would stop getting so high and mighty about it. Or are we gonna do a Gillian McKeith and poke around in our own poo next? :P
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    but don't you guys realize it's the american mindset to worry about consequences only after the damage has been done? (i don't mean to sound ethnocentric either, but the majority of people with diet-related illness live in america). since when is information so offensive? how about research for yourselves what the adverse effects of these substances are, then. and if it doesn't concern you, then by all means don't. but don't get offended because i told you twinkies are bad for you. if a smoker was told it would be in his/her best interest to quit smoking, would you all be up in arms about that? why is junk food such a sensitive issue?
    Really? And where did you get those facts? Do you have any studies to back that up? Or are you just bashing Americans? Wow. You are beyond condescending. I had a feeling that you weren't from the US, just by the "tone" of your very first post. How nice for you, that you aren't one of us imperfect Americans. Grow up, kid.
  • Nailrep
    Options
    You are not the boss of me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    While i agree some things should be forbidden b/c they are so unhealthy. I don't think it's ok that your post came off as "i'm Ms Perfect". Even if you didn't intend to, that's the way it came across a lot of people on here.
    Healthy food cost more, it is very true, and lots of people have a difficult time getting by as it is.
    I see it myself. We're a family of 5 and it takes a lot of food to feed children. We don't have a lot of bad things around, they eat healthy 90% of the time but we do not buy organic. I buy local and in season, i use coupons. And the closest health food store is 40 Minutes away from our house. With gas prices i couldn't even imagine driving that far twice a week to get fresh organic fruit and veggies.
    I would LOVE to only buy organic foods but sadly i am not rich, and i am not willing to cut back on other things we need just to eat organic. One day, when we have our own house and staying in it until we die, i do want to grow my own vegetables. But right now it is not possible.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    LMAO!!!! I think I love you Heather!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    This has been fun to read. :-) I have a degree in food science and know far too much about what goes into food and how it's processed. When I go out with my friends, I know enough to keep my mouth shut - or I wouldn't have any friends! As it is, I don't have too many! I was much worse when I was in my 20s - like the poster who said now that she's older, she's more tolerant and knows less - that's me, too! I gave up chocolate for a while in my 20s...now I embrace my chocolate addiction.

In my 30s, I watched one of my best friends deal with the death of her father. Her father was *the* healthiest person I knew. Never smoked, never drank, ate clean beyond even what I could comprehend, ran marathons, etc. Not sure if he was in his 50s or 60s, but he ended up with a lung infection --> lung transplant --> died not long after that. Since then I've had more of a 'life's too short' attitude. I don't eat junk as a rule, etc., but I could get kicked in the head by a horse or killed in my truck tomorrow, so forget it, I'm eating chocolate. Every day!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    One day, when we have our own house and staying in it until we die, i do want to grow my own vegetables. But right now it is not possible.
    Organic meat and veg is well out of my price range too, unfortunately. I'd like to eat more organic food, not because there are nutritional benefits, the results of studies are mixed on that one, but because it's better for the environment as a whole. I used to grow my own organic veg on an allotment, but sadly other unavoidable commitments mean that there are simply not enough hours in the day for me to maintain a large vegetable plot.

What I still do though is grow organically, from seed in pots in the small space I still have, those luxury things that I could not otherwise afford to buy, such as strawberries and fresh herbs. :smile:
  • Heather75
    Options
    I had ice cream for lunch the other day. :D
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    This has been fun to read. :-) I have a degree in food science and know far too much about what goes into food and how it's processed. When I go out with my friends, I know enough to keep my mouth shut - or I wouldn't have any friends! As it is, I don't have too many! I was much worse when I was in my 20s - like the poster who said now that she's older, she's more tolerant and knows less - that's me, too! I gave up chocolate for a while in my 20s...now I embrace my chocolate addiction.

In my 30s, I watched one of my best friends deal with the death of her father. Her father was *the* healthiest person I knew. Never smoked, never drank, ate clean beyond even what I could comprehend, ran marathons, etc. Not sure if he was in his 50s or 60s, but he ended up with a lung infection --> lung transplant --> died not long after that. Since then I've had more of a 'life's too short' attitude. I don't eat junk as a rule, etc., but I could get kicked in the head by a horse or killed in my truck tomorrow, so forget it, I'm eating chocolate. Every day!

Love that!!!! Not the Dad dying of course but living life to the fullest and not worrying about every single thing. I plan on living a long and healthy life BUT i will not give up certain things. If you don't allow yourself some pleasure, why bother living?
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    why would anyone want to put anything unhealthy into their body, ever?

Is that a healty acholic drink in your profile????
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!!! I think I love you Heather!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

haha love it! def agree, life is far too short to worry about such trivial nonsense. each to his own, if that is your philosphy then fair dos but we dont all need to think like you, if we all thought the same the world would be a hideously boring place.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I had ice cream for lunch the other day. :D

I had ice cream while reading this post. Klondike Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. :heart:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I plan on living a long and healthy life BUT i will not give up certain things. If you don't allow yourself some pleasure, why bother living?
    Which is sensible view, of everything in moderation, which the OP is so vehemently opposed to.

The annoying thing is, the world is full of people outside this site who don't give a flying f*** about the immense amounts of c**p they're cramming into their mouths, who would benefit a lot more from some extremely basic advice about dealing with their obesity, than the members on hear will benefit from being told that their efforts are inadequate.

At least everyone on here is trying, in their own ways, to live a healthier lifestyle. In my not so humble opinion, preaching at people makes them turn against the message you're trying to get over.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    This is rather ironic when you compare it to you avatar. Is that water you're drinking?

That was my exact thought! Pretty sure that's no batter for your temple then a snickers! If you are going to preach it live it!