Starting JM 6 week 6 pack Sunday 22nd May

DebiP10
DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
Im on day 24 (level 3 day 4) of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and i'm so impressed with the results so far ive decided to order her 6 week 6 pack dvd and start it the day after I finish the shred. If anyone would like to join me doing this your more than welcome, plus support deffinately gives motovation to get through, as a group of us did start the shred but only 3 of us have stuck it out. I ordered my dv from play.com and was only £6.29 with free shipping so its not expensive at all :smile:

Replies

• leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    what sort of results did you get from JM? I downloaded it a fortnight ago, i nearly died the first day so i have been prep-ping my body for the kill! I am about to get up to see how my body reacts tonight to it...
  • DebiP10
    After completing level 2 id lost 5 lbs, and 8 inches in total from waist,hips and thighs. Stick with it it does get easier half way through each level so your ready for the next level to ache again lol
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    My DVD arrived yesterday and I am about to do level 1 - I watched the DVD yesterday...time to get the last few pounds gone gone gone! good luck with yours! :)
  • DebiP10
    Thanks Helena, enjoy it and dont give up. in 30 days you will have acheived your goal and more :flowerforyou:
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    I can't start until monday 23rd because i'm in london on the 22nd but i'm totally in! Just need to order my dvd now :)
  • DebiP10
    Excellent Kat!!!!! I thought id best start on a day off work and didnt want to leave a gap after finishing shred incase i lost my motovation lol
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    I've done a bit of this, as part of a JM combo! After 22nd May I am looking to change my exercise routine, so I may well join in on Monday. How many days / week are you planning on doing it? She says at least 5 to see awesome results! In my combo, I've been doing it twice a week, but would start from scratch proper with you guys!
  • Vaus2000
    Vaus2000 Posts: 16 Member
    Is there a way to view the video online, or do you have to get a hard copy DVD?
  • KM742010
    KM742010 Posts: 2 Member
    are her exercise DVDs for people that need to lose weight, like 50 lbs, or more for toning when you dont have much to lose. Sometimes the exercises they have you do are not something and overwieght person is physically capable of doing. I would like to find something to help me lose inches but dont want to waste money on something that is really more appropriate later in the dieting process. Thanks
  • DebiP10
    Planning on doing the full 6 weeks, thats 3 weeks at level 1 then 3 weeks at level 2. As its only 35 mins a day im going to do it everyday just like 30 day shred but im sure if you want a rest day thats fine. Im not sure if youtube may have a preview of this workout, i know it has of some of her dvds.
  • DebiP10
    are her exercise DVDs for people that need to lose weight, like 50 lbs, or more for toning when you dont have much to lose. Sometimes the exercises they have you do are not something and overwieght person is physically capable of doing. I would like to find something to help me lose inches but dont want to waste money on something that is really more appropriate later in the dieting process. Thanks

They are deffo for losing weight along with toning at the same time. The 30 day shred you can loose up to 20lbs and vigorous ab work along with her cardio can burn 5lb per week. she also has 2 girls along on the workout so you get to choose who you follow, the hard way or the more gentle way. you cant really loose and they are so cheap to buy.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    I'm in. I was planning on starting this week as i had a break after the 30DS. Think i wll do it weekdays. I have tried it and was aching so much the next day.

Let me know when you all start :)
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Is there a way to view the video online, or do you have to get a hard copy DVD?

You can download it from iTunes or Amazon Instant Play. That's what I do with all her DVDs.
  • becka63
    Ru gonna record measurements etc? You had great results on the shred, I lost inches but only 2lb.

I thought I would record measurements of my hips, waist and under bust as it is a core workout...does that sound about right?

I'm pretty excited about this now, I loved being part of a group when I did the shred, it was so motivating! Am going to start mon 23rd, can't do before as away next weekend, so I'll have something to work off!!
  • Katrob9
    I'm going to start Monday 23rd too. I am really enjoying working out with the shred every day so I will be doing 6 week 6 pack every day too. If the results are anything like the results from the shred we'll all have bodies like jillian in no time!

I will post my measurements and starting weight so that I can see my progress. Maybe we should measure in evey 2 weeks?

So excited!

Deb, I can't believe we only have 6 days left of the shred!
  • DebiP10
    ahhhh Kat i know, im so proud of us all doing this. As everyone seems to be wanting to start on 23rd we will make that our starting date and will do measurements then too. Not sure when we should measure again as level 1 is for 30 days so how about half way through at 15 days?
  • becka63
    Not sure when we should measure again as level 1 is for 30 days so how about half way through at 15 days?

Seems to be a good idea and general consensus!

(I've never done a quote in a forum reply - NSV me!!!)
  • Katrob9
    Debi, you can try it on the Sunday and let us all know how scared we need to be! Level 3 of the shred after a weekend of beer and fatty foods was 'no joke, buddy' as jillian would say!

So excited to get this started :)
  • DebiP10
    lol ok i will have a try on sunday for a taster. ive been reading about it and it seems to be a lot of cardio for max fat burn along with abs so hopefully we will manage ok although it is for 10 mins longer than shred :noway:
  • becka63
    I have been doing L1 for a bit as part of my exercise routine, and I don't think there is a lot of cardio in it. There are plank jacks and mountain climbers, the fat burning comes from combining the strength / ab work with lunges and squats and the sheer pace of it!
This discussion has been closed.