Starting JM 6 week 6 pack Sunday 22nd May

Replies

• Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Im on day 24 (level 3 day 4) of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and i'm so impressed with the results so far ive decided to order her 6 week 6 pack dvd and start it the day after I finish the shred. If anyone would like to join me doing this your more than welcome, plus support deffinately gives motovation to get through, as a group of us did start the shred but only 3 of us have stuck it out. I ordered my dv from play.com and was only £6.29 with free shipping so its not expensive at all :smile:

hello i started this last week so I am on week 2 now but i would defintely liek to be part of the group to see how everyone gets on!
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Hate the side plank knee raises. Seriously. :grumble:

Even by the end of week 3 I still hadn't mastered those properly!! Wait till you see what level 2 has in store. There is this move called "moguls" and it is my nemesis!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    There is this move called "moguls" and it is my nemesis!

I think she does them in Banish Fat, although she does tend to swing fast and loose with names of moves, I've noticed:

Plank twists/oblique twists/twisting planks being a case in point!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Yeah, I'm worried that a weekend of booze and no exercise is going to make me feel like I've never exercised before!!
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Im now dreading getting home from work tonight to start it lol
  • DebiP10
    L1 D1 complete. That was absolutely fABulous :wink: i enjoyed every second of that, cant wait for tomorrow :happy:
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    I was just curled up in bed reading some posts on my laptop when i realised the date...oh no it's day 1 of 6W 6P so im going to haul my *kitten* up and get day one done.

:) Be right back
  • DebiP10
    I was just curled up in bed reading some posts on my laptop when i realised the date...oh no it's day 1 of 6W 6P so im going to haul my *kitten* up and get day one done.

:) Be right back

lmao, enjoy hun :smile:
  • rubysparkle
    Yay!! Day 1 done...wow do my tummy muscles ache!! and just when Jillian told me to 'crank it' i nearly fell over laughing but it's great how much better i feel for it.

Although i have kept up with my running i don't feel as fit as when i was doing the 30 DS everyday so i need to get back to feeling like that. It's only been a month but it soon goes.

Looking forward to doing this with everyone :)
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Right, so here's the awful part out of the way:

Weight: 191lbs
    Bust: 44.75 in
    Waist: 37 in
    Hips: 40
    Thigh: 23
    Bicep: 14.5

Did No More Trouble Zones today, was day four, so I wasn't TOO sore from it, but I'm sure my abs will be dying when I start 6W6P tomorrow! I can't wait. Glad to be here with you ladies. :)
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member

Haha. so much motivation!

So I did Day 1 yesterday and I have to admit after 5 weeks away on holiday, not exercising I was a little (extremely) uncoordinated when it came to most of the floor, core moves at the end. But it always takes a couple of days for me to master new exercises.

BUT my thighs today are sooo sore, must be from those squat-twist things!

Ready and pumped for Day 2 today. hope everyone has a great day!!

x
  • curleesam
    Sounds like you are all doing great!

I am in my last few days now and can see the finish line. I have my workout tonight, tomorrow and Thursday and then I am done!! I think I will definitely keep doing level 2 once or twice a week for maintenance though. Don't wanna lose the six pack now I've got it!! LOL
  • Katrob9
    well, I failed completely last night! I was at rehearsal until 11 so by the time I got home it was just too late to start. So, it'll be day 1 for me today instead :(
  • becka63
    Don't worry about it!

I did D2 today, was quite tired actually as I'd been to zumba, I really struggled with the burpees! lol - only 19 more days of them! (Please don't tell me they're in L2 as well!)

Keep up the excellent work everyone!
  • DebiP10
    D2 complete. my inner thighs were sore today and as the day got on the stiffer they got lol but no pain no gain huh :wink:
  • curleesam
    Don't worry about it!

I did D2 today, was quite tired actually as I'd been to zumba, I really struggled with the burpees! lol - only 19 more days of them! (Please don't tell me they're in L2 as well!)

Keep up the excellent work everyone!

You guessed right! They're there!! Trust me those seem like a walk in the park on L2...
  • becka63

You guessed right! They're there!! Trust me those seem like a walk in the park on L2...

Bugg3r!!
  • rubysparkle
    Sorry all, i am going to have to be a day behind because i have been for treatment on my back and i had two ribs out of place which have been pushed back in but i am a little sore and the doctor told me to rest up today so i can't do the dvd. Hopefully tomorrow though i will be back on it, i will just have to make a day up.

Well done everyone!!
  • Katrob9
    wow, just, wow. She's not messing about is she?? It is totally different from 30DS but I loved it! I know I'll be feeling it tomorrow (especially doing it after 2 hours of belly dancing!)

One question... My arm felt like it was going to buckle doing the side plank. I just don't think I'm strong enough to hold my weight that way. Any ideas on how to modify it r do you think my form might be off?

I was a bit unsure of some of the moves because I didn't watch it before I did it, but I reckon that is just going to take me a couple of days to ge used to.

:)
  • Katrob9
    Not sure why it posted that 3 times. Sorry everyone!!
This discussion has been closed.