Shedding the fat girl inside lost 103Lb pic included

Options
maryrshstattoo
maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
I had a great time partying last night with friends. It was nice to hear from them how good I am looking, this compliment thing is so new for me it is taking some getting use to. Everyone says I look good and that I quote “am wasting away” IDK about all that. I still am considered over weight hence wanting to lose a few more lbs. Oh an there are these awesome jeans I want to fit into.
I have changed in more then just weight loss, my confidence is much better, or maybe I should say I am feeling more secure with myself. My fashion sense has changed a great deal, no more baggy t-shirts and flip flops, now its tight fitting jeans and heels. I have even started wearing make- up again. I think these changes are good for my self image and shedding the fat girl image, I am for the first time seeing my self in a positive light. I don’t mind having my picture taken anymore how weird is that? LOL I think this go around with my weight loss will be successful for two reason, maturity and acceptance. Now that I am sneaking up on 50 (wow really lol) the weight loss is not about how good I look it is more about how good I feel, the better looking thing is a side affect. The acceptance part is that I can accept my new body and feel secure in it. I don’t need 100 lbs of fat to protect me from the world anymore. I think I used my fatness to keep people from hurting me by keeping them away. No one wants to hang with the fat girl.
I’m sharing this because I think you guys will understand and maybe if you do understand you can help reinforce that all this is a good thing.
I have put a before picture on the refrigerator and in my office to remind me not to go back, when I look at them, I am getting to the point were I don’t recognize that person anymore. I think that is a good thing. Is anyone else going thru these changes? If so how are you dealing with them?
Thanks so much for being here for me MFP friends.

I’m not 100% sure of all the dates but this is the progression of my journey.

12-1-1.jpg
Me Dec.2009 263.

CopyofPicture004.jpg July 2010

Copy2ofPicture136.jpg Sept. 2010

Picture072-3-1.jpg Me at 163. April 2011

Picture001-9.jpg Goal weight 159 May 2011

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing transformation. You look fantastic. :flowerforyou:
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    DAAAYYYUUUUUUUUUUM, You look fabulous!!! :flowerforyou:
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Freakin' brilliantly done!
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    WOW !!! This is simply amazing ! You look so great. Congrats on your success and hard work !!!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You look fan-freakin'-tastic girll!!!!! You barely look like your old picture. Congrats!
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You look really good!!! Amazing transformation!!!
  • dalkambo
    dalkambo Posts: 1
    Options
    Amazing! You are awesome!
  • MsCracker
    MsCracker Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am totally inspired. You have shown me that it can be done. And you look fabulous!
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow! MFP should put you in some advertising! Awesome job! Keep up the great work!!!! =D
  • TinaBina313
    TinaBina313 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! You better get used to all those compliments looking as great as you do. Keep up the good work, And I agree its not all about vanity its more about health in the long run
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    I am AMAZED! You look fabulous!!!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,172 Member
    Options
    You are looking fabulous!!! Truly an inspiration. :drinker:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that I would not have recognised you from the first pic!

You look absolutely stunning, well done, you're an inspiration. :)
  • music_lover_103
    Options
    you look so much younger, too! wow!
  • twilightteamedward
    twilightteamedward Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What an amazing journey you have been on. Congratulations on reaching your goal. You are a real inspiration. You're stunning, well done!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    OMG. Is this even real???

So many people I wish would join and see transformations like this. My mom for one.

Congrats!!! You're NOT wasting away, that was before at 260.
  • Titch0808
    Titch0808 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    amazing loss! how did u do it?
  • millymoozie
    millymoozie Posts: 150
    Options
    oh my what a difference ,you have obviously worked very very hard at this & you look amazing ,a big welldone to you & a hi to the new lady youve become ,you have so shut the door on the other lady ,fantastic work ,we all know on here how hard to is to lose the flab so can appreciate the hard work & determination you have put in to get to this point ,very happy for you ,you look amazing xx
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference, you look Fantastic!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!