Community for CrossFitters, by Crossfitters & anyone interes

Options

Replies

• cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Worked on my assisted pull ups.

As you know my box doesn't allow bands, but I brought mine in to practice. Can anyone tell me how they used their bands for assisted pull ups? I thought you put your foot in it, but my trainer made me wrap it around my shoulders? Is that right? Even like that I couldn't do a pull up with the thickest black band!?

I've always put my foot in it.....
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am on the injured list until next week :( The most I can do is walk and stretch. I am loving all your posts, keep em coming!
  • bobspdx
    Options

As you know my box doesn't allow bands, but I brought mine in to practice. Can anyone tell me how they used their bands for assisted pull ups? I thought you put your foot in it, but my trainer made me wrap it around my shoulders? Is that right? Even like that I couldn't do a pull up with the thickest black band!?

We put one foot in the band then cross the free foot over. You should definitely be able to do a pull-up with the thick black band. I am using a medium gray band mixed with a small red or small blue depending on how many pull-ups we are doing.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Kerri does make us all look bad - look at her - she's smokin'! But so are all my strong women crossfitters!

AUG 30th WOD
    Modified for my knee

25-20-15-10-5 KBS (16kg)
    40-30-20-10-5 calorie row
    14:55

I put one knee in it and use the fatter band as opposed to putting your foot in it.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    darn it... that's what I thought. Now my inner arms are all wrecked from the bands.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Kerri, you're making the rest of us look bad!!! :laugh:

Today was pretty dang tough. I think sitting on the toilet will be hard tomorrow. :embarassed:

WOD: "Sa-squat-ch"

5 Rounds for time:

10 Squat Snatches
    10 Overhead Squats
    10 Squat Cleans
    10 Front Squats
    10 Back Squats

Do 3 burpees on the minute every minute = 87 burpees!! Yow.

Finished in 29:59 to avoid another 3 burpees. LOL

RX was 45# for women, I did 30#. I just cannot get those overhead squats on a higher weight and we had to use the same weight for all.

This sounds AWESOME!! I want to try.
    Tomorrow is my last day at the Box for a while... I have to get in as much as I can!
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:

5 Rounds, 2 min rest between sets

10 pullups
    15 pushups
    20 double unders

Time: 21:45 Rx'd - shoulder is definitely feeling those pullups and pushups today

Strength: 5x3 Front Squat (115#) - really working on keeping my form good.

Followed by 10 box jumps on the 24" box every 2 min for 8 rounds.
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Today's WOD:

"Christine"
    3 Rounds
    500 m row
    12 BW deadlift
    21 Box Jumps (20")

Time: 13:50 (145#) - frustrated that I was a full minute and a half slower than last time, but my legs were just so fried from yesterday's box jumps and squats.

Followed by: 3 mile run.
  • bobspdx
    Options
    darn it... that's what I thought. Now my inner arms are all wrecked from the bands.

Hmmmm, I kind of want to try it with my knees. Wonder what the difference is??
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    I did it with knee in, but find the movement a little tricky when trying to kip. Today I tried with leg through and could barely get up using the green band. But foot on the elastic I was able to do them 2 at a time. :grumble: steamed that I was not getting any help or direction from the trainer...:indifferent: but I know they are against using them so I suppose it's up to me :ohwell:
  • kdiamond
    Options
    I did it with knee in, but find the movement a little tricky when trying to kip. Today I tried with leg through and could barely get up using the green band. But foot on the elastic I was able to do them 2 at a time. :grumble: steamed that I was not getting any help or direction from the trainer...:indifferent: but I know they are against using them so I suppose it's up to me :ohwell:

I don't try to kip. I just do straight pull ups. The strength you gain from doing this will assist with kipping. We practiced kipping today (I'm allllllmost there) and it uses a lot of core strength, so another great thing to practice are hollow rockers. Look them up, they are really hard and great for the abs and general core strength.
  • kdiamond
    Options
    I've never done this WOD before!

WOD: For Time:

800 M Run

3 Rounds of:

10 KB Thruster - Left Arm (20#)
    30 Hollow Rocks
    10 KB Thruster - Right Arm (20#)
    10 Chest to Bar Pullups

800 M Run

21:19. Then we practiced kipping.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Sep 2 WOD
    Tabata
    Power Snatch (55#)
    sit ups
    Power snatch (55#)

score is your total accumulated reps (141) Rx

SKILL Bench Press
    5-5-5-3-3-3
    75-80-85-90-92.5-95 (FAILED LAST REP)

Couldn't even think about practicing my assisted pull ups after that WOD - my arms were fried and my callouses are bruised :sad:

Karen - will check out those hollow rocks.
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump for later when I have more time!
  • kdiamond
    Options
    I found this site today with 287 awesome Crossfit tanks...holy.

http://www.cafepress.com/+crossfit+womens-tank-tops?page=1

I'm totally getting this one...I love it!

burpies.jpg

Maybe this one too...

workout.jpg
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    THANKS!
  • snkeller24
    Options
    Haha I love CAFE PRESS! They get some good ones in there!

As far as bands and pull ups - I loop it through, keeping it centered on my body, and put one foot in it. Then kind of "place" my other foot ontop. When doing ring dips and stuff I use a band that I "kneel" on ... Only time I've put a band around my shoulders/back is HSPU and that was way to awkward.
  • bobspdx
    Options
    I am going to try my first WOD tomorrow since I got rear ended, almost 2 weeks off. After a few chiro/massage appts I am feeling pretty good. I have never been so excited to work out. I miss Crossfit!
  • totalimageguy
    totalimageguy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    9-06-11 WOD

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
    245 pound Deadlift, 9 reps
    8 Muscle-ups
    155 pound Squat clean, 9 reps
  • bobspdx
    Options
    9-7-11 Welcome Back WOD