Warmdown
    :30/:10 x5 (I think)
    * flutter kicks
    * kettlebell situps
  • totalimageguy
    totalimageguy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    8/22/11 WOD

10x2 Muscle-Up on the Minute Rest 5 minutes -THEN- 7 rounds for time of: AMAP Back Squat 225 lbs/ 155 lbs 7 Burpee Box Jumps
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:

5 Rounds:
    5 Deadlifts (275/185)
    10 Burpees

Time: 7:16 rx'd

My buddy Carla and I were the only women in the gym to do rx weight. So happy that I can lift that. Just need to get confident in the negative part of the lift at heavy weights so I can move faster.

Today:

4 mile hilly run 36:30

CrossFit:

"Tabata Something Else"
    8 rds ea. 20 sec on/10 sec off

Pullups
    Pushups
    Situps
    Squats

Score: 347

Followed by

3X1 mile 90 sec rest - 7:53, 8:34, 8:35

yah....7 miles today = TIRED
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    5 Rounds:
    5 Deadlifts (275/185)
    10 Burpees

Time: 7:16 rx'd

My buddy Carla and I were the only women in the gym to do rx weight. So happy that I can lift that. Just need to get confident in the negative part of the lift at heavy weights so I can move faster.

Wow, that is quite impressive! I don't know if I could lift that once, let alone 5x5 times.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Today was one of the hardest ones ever, made up by a fellow gym goer. It was done with a partner.

4 rounds of

Take turns with partner, one does 21 snatches while the other does medicine ball squats (14#) in the same time it takes to do the snatches
    Then 50 situps passing the medicine ball (14#) to each other
    Then run/walk 300m pushing that stupid prowler (together with partner) that has an additional 50# added on it.
    Then you start over and the other person does snatches (so you do 42 snatches total per person and how ever many medicine ball squats).

OMG. I literally thought I would going to quit this one, I haven't quit one in the middle of the workout since the very beginning.

32:45
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    How many times a week did you go when you first started?

I too am looking at membership costs and don't mind spending the extra money to have a personal trainer but didn't know if the first month I should just get the 5 visit punch card or just spend the $135 for unlimited.

(Options are $65 for 5 visits, $100 for 10 visits, $115 for 3x's a week, or $135 unlimited)
    Eventually I will pay for the $135 b/c I can see myself doing this for a long time and the staff and location is perfect for me.
  • LAXerwigen
    Options
    bump-made contact with Tallahassee Xfit and plan to begin after weekend runs
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Tonight we also did a partner workout (going theme I see)

4 Stations
    4 rounds (30 on:30 rest, 1 person at a time)
    Ring Rows
    Jump Through
    Pushing the prowler
    Clean
  • cheri0627
    Options
    How many times a week did you go when you first started?

I too am looking at membership costs and don't mind spending the extra money to have a personal trainer but didn't know if the first month I should just get the 5 visit punch card or just spend the $135 for unlimited.

(Options are $65 for 5 visits, $100 for 10 visits, $115 for 3x's a week, or $135 unlimited)
    Eventually I will pay for the $135 b/c I can see myself doing this for a long time and the staff and location is perfect for me.

When I first started, I started with 2 nights a week of CrossFit inspired boot camp (we do a lot of CrossFit workouts but without as much equipment) and then I added another night of CrossFit. I've since also added Olympic weightlifting.

Have you done a class yet to know that you'll like it? If personally I'd go for either the 10 visit or the 3x a week. But that's just me.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    when I started we had to complete a month long "fundamentals" class which was 3x/week. I continued 3 x a week, until more recently - I go 5 days a week. I'm off right now because of an injury.
  • jamesdelong
    Options
    Thank you both.. I am going today and going with the 10 session punch card and go two times a week and still do my regular workouts at the gym I currently go to.

@Cheri0627 - I've taken the intro class and I'm pretty sure I will like it b/c I used to do a few of these exercises on my own but never in the combination like crossfit. (I am circuit training on my own now but having a group to train with is going to be great!)

@XFitMojoMom - Get well soon and thanks for this thread!
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Tues 8/23:
    30 minutes of Plyometrics

then

Death by Push-ups (strict)
    1 rep in the first minute, 2 rep in the second minute, 3 reps in the third minute, etc. Go until you can't finish the reps for that minute.
    I completed 9 reps/minute.
  • cheri0627
    Options
    WOD 8/24

Warmup
    AMRAP 10
    * lunge down
    * jump over parallelettes/box jumps back
    * side steps down
    * 20 situps
    * 2 laps

Workout
    AMRAP 20
    * 5 jumping lunges (per legs)
    * 5 leg lifts
    * 5 box jumps
    * 10 goblet squats (4 rounds with the 16Kg KB, 2 with the 12Kg)
    * 5 pushups
    * 2 laps

Warmdown
    :30/:10 x8
    squats, resting in the down position

Lots of little notes today:

* For the first time I realized I can do 20 situps in a row (at a pretty good clip) without a problem
    * I'm getting a lot faster at my lunges
    * I was trying to do unmodified pushups every round, I did 2 in the first 5 rounds, and 3 in the last round.
    * I did have to rest while doing the goblet squats with the 16Kg KB, but I was resting in the down position. (My trainer pointed this out.)
    * When I was using 12Kg, I didn't have to rest at all.
    * I decided to only do one lap instead of 2 in the workout because I thought the other stuff was more important, and I wanted to do more. Since I can't run, it takes quite a bit longer for me to walk.

I really liked this workout a lot. It was fun, and I felt like I was really doing well.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    In an email from our coach:

Celebs who CrossFit:

http://www.fitsugar.com/Celebrities-Who-Do-CrossFit-Training-18839354?more=true

Fran is on tap for later today.. I'm nervous!
  • kdiamond
    Options
    In an email from our coach:

Celebs who CrossFit:

http://www.fitsugar.com/Celebrities-Who-Do-CrossFit-Training-18839354?more=true

Fran is on tap for later today.. I'm nervous!

I saw this too!! I think Cameron Diaz looks great, her arms are a LITTLE too veiny for my taste though. LOL

Fran! Oh boy! Good luck!
  • kdiamond
    Options
    My calves are BURNING today!

First we did strength which was power cleans, I love these!!! 5-5-3-3-1 I did 65, 65, 75, 75, 80 (PR, yahoo!)

Then we did 5 rounds of:

40 double unders or 120 regular jump ropes (which I did, double unders are too much for me)
    30 box jumps (18")
    20 kettlebell swings (30#)

I finished in 20:45.
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wed 8/24
    Helen
    3 rounds for time
    400m run
    21 KB swings 1 pood
    12 Pull-ups
    16:49

I was 30 seconds slower since my last time. I am ok with this since last time I was using the thickest band. Today I was using a lower resistance band. So its a win in my book. One day I will not need bands, I am determined :-)
  • jamesdelong
    Options
    My first class yesterday consisted of this:

3 Rounds
    400 M Run
    20 x KB or DB Snatches
    15 x Chest to Bar Pull Ups

Felt it bad this morning, I hate living on the third floor!!!!
  • cheri0627
    Options
    I was 30 seconds slower since my last time. I am ok with this since last time I was using the thickest band. Today I was using a lower resistance band. So its a win in my book. One day I will not need bands, I am determined :-)

Awesome on the pullup improvement!!! I, too, am determined that some day I will be able to do pullups on my own. Right now, I still struggle with the second thickest band pretty badly.
  • kdiamond
    Options

Awesome on the pullup improvement!!! I, too, am determined that some day I will be able to do pullups on my own. Right now, I still struggle with the second thickest band pretty badly.

Honestly you're better off doing deadhang pullups with a band (as in, use a band to support one knee and use your arms/shoulders to lift you up, no movement in your lower body at all) than kipping pullups.