Under 5'5" Shorties UNITE!

Options

Replies

• nuimproved
    nuimproved Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sign me up--I'm all of 5 foot nothing! Looking forward to fitting back into my skinny jeans!
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    Hi, all! For the past five days I've been following the Zumba Exhilarate 10-Day Accelerated Fat-Loss Program (anyone else?). It tells you which Zumba DVDs to use and it gives you a 5-day menu plan which you're supposed to go through twice to make up the 10 days. I just received my new heart rate monitor on Thursday, so I've been able to accurately track my calories burned since then, and I found out that I am burning a TON of calories with Zumba. I'm pretty excited :)
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! For the past five days I've been following the Zumba Exhilarate 10-Day Accelerated Fat-Loss Program (anyone else?). It tells you which Zumba DVDs to use and it gives you a 5-day menu plan which you're supposed to go through twice to make up the 10 days. I just received my new heart rate monitor on Thursday, so I've been able to accurately track my calories burned since then, and I found out that I am burning a TON of calories with Zumba. I'm pretty excited :)

Awesome! I've heard Zumba really burns the calories and is a ton of fun. How do you like your HRM? I'm really considering getting one and have a feeling I'm going to find out I don't burn as many calories as MFP says I do, lol.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and set my current goal at 135, although I'd really love to be 125. Does it irk any other shorties when you see tall people aiming for the same goal weight as you? I mean, really, 5'8" and 125 goal weight? Oh well, the point is just to focus on my own self I guess. I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but am looking forward to it...
  • Stephinow
    Options
    Awesome! I've heard Zumba really burns the calories and is a ton of fun. How do you like your HRM? I'm really considering getting one and have a feeling I'm going to find out I don't burn as many calories as MFP says I do, lol.

I LOVE it! I didn't want to spend a lot of money on one and I didn't want anything too complicated. I'm not a runner or any type of athlete for that matter, so I ordered a Timex HRM Fitness Midsize from Zappos for $96. Zumba is so much fun, you forget that it's a workout DVD because its more like a dance DVD at times. And what you said about not burning as many calories...yeah, it was always really disappointing to me that I can walk on the treadmill for what felt like an eternity only to burn a couple hundred calories. With Zumba I dance/workout for 1 hour and if I really give it my all, I'm burning 600-800 (and beyond) calories or so.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    *shameless bump*

Keep on kickin' butt my Shortie sisters!

Sincerely,

The short guy :laugh:
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4"
    CW: 168
    GW: 125
    I just had my daughter 5 months ago via c-section and want to lose the pouch. Plus I'd love to lose weight in my face and my upper arms.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4"
    CW: 168
    GW: 125
    I just had my daughter 5 months ago via c-section and want to lose the pouch. Plus I'd love to lose weight in my face and my upper arms.

LOL - I had my 2 daughters by c-section 13 and 11 years ago and I'm still working on that pouch!
  • Stacey_Lorraine
    Options
    I'm 5'4
    CW: 224
    GW: 124

Allot to loose i know but today i start my journy and im hoping to reach my finish by June next year for my 21st birthday in July 2012.
  • Stephinow
    Options
    Still busy doing my Zumba. Yesterday I was so stressed out, I did a double workout. How are my fellow shorties doing?
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    5'3" here!
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, I'll be 29 on Saturday, and I started this quest 2.5 years ago at 330.8 lbs. Currently, I'm 215.6 and would love to lose another 60-70 lbs or so :bigsmile:
    I love your quote on your ticker. I hope you don't mind if I start using it as my mantra.
  • Sammybunny711
    Sammybunny711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump. :-)

How are all of you doing!? I for one, feel great! I have no idea how much I've lost because I don't own a scale, but my clothes are fitting better and I can already see the beginning of some fun looking abs coming along. Mostly doing lots of pilates and some handweights and walking. Still trying to get my hour of exercise in six days a week.

What are you guys up to?

Yay for the shorties!
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 20lbs to go... seems like a long way sometimes.
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! :)

I'm 5' 3.5'' and I have around 40 or 50 lbs to lose! I think I've seen this topic before, but I've not joined!! (if I have joined and I can't find my post, feel free to call me a dingus, but I just don't have time to go back through all the posts rightnow! lol!)
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump. :-)

How are all of you doing!? I for one, feel great! I have no idea how much I've lost because I don't own a scale, but my clothes are fitting better and I can already see the beginning of some fun looking abs coming along. Mostly doing lots of pilates and some handweights and walking. Still trying to get my hour of exercise in six days a week.

What are you guys up to?

Yay for the shorties!

I love pilates. I have a pilates reformer at home and it is one of the best investments I have ever made. I prefer to use it and adjust the tension rather than do serious weight training. I incorporate that with some of the P90x TurboJam and the Brazil Butt Lift (my problem area).

Have a great day!!
  • dmswarts
    dmswarts Posts: 28
    Options
    im 4' 11".... ive recently lost 75 pounds and need to loose 20-30 more!
  • srtiemann
    srtiemann Posts: 76
    Options
    Well at 5'0" weight is totally an issue. 5lbs makes a big difference. Looking forward to being a lot smaller in the waist.
  • dancer_emt
    dancer_emt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yay a group for shorties! I'm 4'11 and would like lose about 20 lbs
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Munchkins we be!!! I'm 5'3 and looking to lose an additional 6 lbs on top of the 9 I have lost so far. It definitely shows on a shorter person when we lose the weight and I'm very proud to be losing this much weight so close to my wedding on July 8th!