Tie A Ribbon On Me Challege (TAROM) w0

Options
Welcome to the intro week of the Tie a Ribbon On me Challenge. The reason for the name? This MFP for one reason. To get healthy, so why not do that during the holidays? You are you're own gift to yourself, the wieght we lose, the more helthy feeling we get. We can only do that for us. Why not tie a ribbon on it. Here's one:bigsmile:

HairRibbon.jpg
*note: Thanks Google image search:flowerforyou:

I'm planning on making this challenge go through the holidays. From today all they way to Jan 9. Friday will be our check in day.

Howdy to all from the SSWLC!! And come and join to whomever desires it!!

well here's my stats:

weight loss:
Start MFP:170
w0:155.4
ultimate MFP goal:125

inches:
hips:42 1/2
waist:38 1/2
bust:38 1/2

BONUS CHALLENGE!!!!!
here where I'll post a silly little optional challenge for the week. Meaning you don't have to do it. This week's is:

Don't put an additional salt on any of your food. so HANDS OFF THE SALT SHAKER!!! it's okay when cooking just not on the table:heart:

Replies

• DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the intro week of the Tie a Ribbon On me Challenge. The reason for the name? This MFP for one reason. To get healthy, so why not do that during the holidays? You are you're own gift to yourself, the wieght we lose, the more helthy feeling we get. We can only do that for us. Why not tie a ribbon on it. Here's one:bigsmile:

HairRibbon.jpg
    *note: Thanks Google image search:flowerforyou:

I'm planning on making this challenge go through the holidays. From today all they way to Jan 9. Friday will be our check in day.

Howdy to all from the SSWLC!! And come and join to whomever desires it!!

well here's my stats:

weight loss:
    Start MFP:170
    w0:155.4
    ultimate MFP goal:125

inches:
    hips:42 1/2
    waist:38 1/2
    bust:38 1/2

BONUS CHALLENGE!!!!!
    here where I'll post a silly little optional challenge for the week. Meaning you don't have to do it. This week's is:

Don't put an additional salt on any of your food. so HANDS OFF THE SALT SHAKER!!! it's okay when cooking just not on the table:heart:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I will join. I am already doing the Biggest Loser challenge but I can add another one on.

Starting MFP weight 297
    Weigh in on Tuesday 291
    Goal MFP weight 150 ( for now once I hit that it will be 130)

Measurements Bust 52.5 (yes they are some biguns)
    hips 60
    waist 58.5

I need to lose all over. I dont think I have added salt in about 2 weeks onto anything I have been eating. When I cook meat I use this salt free garlic and herb seasoning I found.

Connie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    OK. so I am in. This is my First challenge on MFP. The holidays are looming and scaring me more than hurricane Ike.

Thanks for starting this Dbran...

starting 168.8
    now 151.5

goal 135 lbs (then will adjust..I had to have a goal i felt was attainable and not 50 lbs!)

and the salt is a good one for me as I have just started thinking about my sodium.
  • curlhair
    Options
    i'd love to join! my goal was already to be down by christmas time anyway!

starting weight: 275
    starting MFP weight: 256
    current weight: 254

12/31/2008 goal: 215

ultimate MFP goal: 175
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    I'm happy that so many people are roaring to go for this challenge!!!!! :bigsmile:

towards ConnieQ228: was it Mrs. Dash?
  • connieq288
    Options
    I'm happy that so many people are roaring to go for this challenge!!!!! :bigsmile:

towards ConnieQ228: was it Mrs. Dash?

Its from McCormick... it has garlic, oregano, rosemary, basil and red pepper, orange peel, onion, parsley, paprika, and celery. And not a single gram of sodium.
  • curlhair
    Options
    that seasoning sounds delicious! i might have to go buy some :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    yeh those are really good. Have to be careful though. I bought a McCormicks non salt seasoning and it had partially hydrongenated oil. HUH! :noway:

So read up.....I am on my way to buy some Mrs Dash!!
  • connieq288
    Options
    It doesnt say anything about the oil on the packaging. Wouldnt it say it there if it used it?

Connie
  • jessicasue13
    Options
    I'm fairly new here so I hope you don't mind me joining in this challenge. I need something to keep me accountable.

Starting weight: 247
    Starting MFP Weight: 239
    Current Weight: 238
    Goal Weight: 175 (for now, it may change once I reach this weight)

Hips: 52"
    Waist: 37.5"
    Bust: 41.5"

I use different types of Mrs. Dash all the time as I have to be careful with my blood pressure. Many people in my family have high blood pressure and mine is always on the high side of normal if not too high. My goal is to eat right and exercise in order to lose weight and decrease my likelihood of ending up on medication for HBP.

Very excited to join this challenge:happy:

Jessi
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    I'm fairly new here so I hope you don't mind me joining in this challenge. I need something to keep me accountable.

Jessi

The more the merrier!!!:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks D...cuz of this thread I jumped on the elip at 9pm last night! I decided it was an off day for exercise. At 8 pm i logged my last meal and had gone over by 150 cal

No problem.....work that body, work that body!! Now I am within my goals for the day.

Hip Hip Horay for us!!
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Of course I'm joining too old SSWLC buddy! :bigsmile:

MFP Start Weight: 172
    Week 0 Weight: 135.6
    Goal Weight: 130
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Neck: 13.0"
    Bust: 32.0"
    Waist: 29.0"
    Hips: 36.35"

Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I'd like to join =)

I weigh myself on Sundays though, is that okay? It's the only time I have convenient access to a reliable scale.

I also don't have my measurments. I know it's a really good thing to track, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Start Weight: 230
    Current Weight: 208
    Goal Weight: 150

Mini Goal: 193 by the end of 2008
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I'd like to join =)

I weigh myself on Sundays though, is that okay? It's the only time I have convenient access to a reliable scale.

I also don't have my measurments. I know it's a really good thing to track, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Start Weight: 230
    Current Weight: 208
    Goal Weight: 150

Mini Goal: 193 by the end of 2008

what is really cool about measuring is when you havent lost any weight for the week.:sad: :sad: ..but you know you have worked out a LOT:grumble: :grumble: ....pull out the tape and BAM..3/4 inch off my arms! 1 inch off my waist and 1 inch off my hips!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    It doesnt say anything about the oil on the packaging. Wouldnt it say it there if it used it?

Connie

yes the packaging will say all the ingredients-or should.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I want to join!

weight loss:
    Start MFP:209
    w0:170
    ultimate MFP goal:150

inches:
    hips: 39 1/2
    waist: 30 1/2
    bust: 35 1/2
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I just found out I can click on this link and save to my favorites!Kewl.
  • curlhair
    Options
    hey everyone! i know it's not friday yet, but i wanted to share a small success! i got on the scale this morning and was down 4 pounds sinceabout 9 days ago - i am so thrilled! :) how's everyone else doing?

also - is losing 4 pounds in 9 days okay? i don't want to lose too fast, but i am eating like 1800 calories a day (and that's on a good day! hahahaaha). do you think i'm safe?
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    hey everyone! i know it's not friday yet, but i wanted to share a small success! i got on the scale this morning and was down 4 pounds sinceabout 9 days ago - i am so thrilled! :) how's everyone else doing?

also - is losing 4 pounds in 9 days okay? i don't want to lose too fast, but i am eating like 1800 calories a day (and that's on a good day! hahahaaha). do you think i'm safe?

wow that is great! :smooched: