30 Day Shred (30DS) - Starting 5/23

Options

Replies

• coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 4 done still shaking after this one. I hope the shaking goes away I don't want to be shaking after every day...

It should. Hang in there! I will be doing day 9 of level 2 today. With this level I was probably shaking at some parts until day 6 or 7. It will get way easier. I'm looking forward to 2 easy days now that I'm used to it before starting level 3...yikes!
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of level 2 done then went to the gym ...great workout ...my knees are killing me though..anyone else have sore knees????
  • AllisonWBaker
    Options
    Switched to level 3 today because I thought level 2 was boring (level 1 was so much more fun!!), and boy was level 3 hard - wow!!
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    day 6 of level 2 (awesome btw) i am usi ng 5 pound weights and the squats with a V raise is killing me! i either switch back to 3 pounds or stand and use the 5 pound weight. i am stil movingand sweating...anyone having trouble with these?
  • kaysave
    kaysave Posts: 9
    Options
    Bump! Only on Day 5 Level 1 but interested to see everyone's results :smile:
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 5 done it was much easier but I got to do today on a carpet which helps a lot. I'm in a hotel and will be for the rest of level 2 so I well have an easier time with this.
    day 6 of level 2 (awesome btw) i am usi ng 5 pound weights and the squats with a V raise is killing me! i either switch back to 3 pounds or stand and use the 5 pound weight. i am stil movingand sweating...anyone having trouble with these?

I am but I just keep moving and hope I don't fall over. I don't have any weights except 10lbs so I just use water bottles filled. it'a only a little over 1lb each but I still get a workout...
  • coquetona
    Options

Honestly, I don't think the amount of weight is anything to worry about at all. It is what feels right for you. I have tiny wrists (which I have broken both before) and tiny arms. I have only been using 1 lb weights through the whole shred and still feel like that is a good workout for me. The most important thing is doing the moves and not stopping. Even my non-dominate left arm has muscle in it now and it never had that before in my entire life.

Even with 1 lb weights for me the V raise is killer! Also in level 1 with the side lunges and arm raises I only used my weights the last 2 days.
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    ok thanks guys! I am going to keep moving and use 3 pound weights with that move until I get stronger. :happy:
  • JennBona
    Options
    Day 7 of Level 2 done...much easier today :)
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You guys are all doing so AWESOME---- I sucked..... You guys ROCK... I am back at it again tomorrow...

I just wanted to let you know you have all inspired me with your motivation!!!

XOXOXO
    Michelle
  • fpueblo
    Options
    Level 2 Day 6 done It's either getting a lot easier to do this level or i'm not giving it my all. I barely broke a sweat this time but I am also in air conditioning at least for the next 3-4 days. My left calf doesn't like me though something about the oblique twists for the cardio. oh well I keep going and hope that I don't do anything to make it worse.
  • coquetona
    Options
    OK ladies and gents. I finished day 1 of level 3!!! Now on to the single digit days...9 more to go! Jillian really freaks you out at the start telling you how hard it is going to be. My opinion is that it is much easier than level 2. I would say there was one hard move in each of the three circuits and the rest was definitely doable. I feel great after completing it because it's still a tough workout, in a good way.

Also I hear mixed reviews of level 2 or 3 being harder and my opinion is that the workout was meant to be done 10 days on each level for a reason. I think whether or not you can jump ahead, it is easier to do all 10 days in each level and then move on. For people who did 10 days each it seems that level 2 is harder and for people that jumped to level 3 more quickly, level 3 was harder. That's just my opinion and what I have noticed from the boards. I'm not knocking anyone that went through it quickly, everyone is in a different place and has the right to do what they please. It's more of a statement to encourage the people who were like me on level 2 feeling like they were going to die at times. :o)
  • JennBona
    Options
    Day 8 of level 2 done...two more days then bring on level 3 :)
  • fpueblo
    Options
    Level 2 Day 7 done For some reason today was harder then the last two days but again got through it :)
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I went to the physical therapist for my knees again today and I am officially cut off from doing any of Jillian's cardio. No jumping jacks, no jump roping, nothing that will jar my joints. I'm disappointed because I was seeing changes in muscle tone and strength, but my knees are too important to my quality of life to risk them. I'm going to incorporate some of the strength moves into my weight lifting routine and keep walking at a gentle pace and hopefully my knees will recover.
  • JennBona
    Options
    Day 9 of level 2 complete...one more day till level 3 :tongue:
  • fpueblo
    Options
    Level 2 Day 8 done
  • coquetona
    Options
    Great job guys! I ended up taking yesturday off and I have taken three rest days total. Finished day 2 of level 3 today! I might do it again later tonight so I'll still finish next weekend. I would like to be done Sunday (before my Monday weigh in) and then post before and after pictures/measurements that day also. Monday will be my rest day and then I would like to start Ripped in 30 on Tuesday (if anyone wants to join me you are more than welcome to).
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I went to the physical therapist for my knees again today and I am officially cut off from doing any of Jillian's cardio. No jumping jacks, no jump roping, nothing that will jar my joints. I'm disappointed because I was seeing changes in muscle tone and strength, but my knees are too important to my quality of life to risk them. I'm going to incorporate some of the strength moves into my weight lifting routine and keep walking at a gentle pace and hopefully my knees will recover.

That's too bad :cry: Getting sidelined for an injury or illness sucks, especially when u really have the motivation to do something and want to do it. But u have to listen to the doctor or risk getting hurt even worse. Have u tried the Leslie Sansone workout videos? I hear that they are very effective and are much less stressful on the joints. Get better soon!:flowerforyou:
  • JennBona
    Options
    Day 10 of level 2 is now done....on to level 3 Im getting a tattoo tomorrow so depending on how I feel Id like to go right into level 3 tomorrow :)