30 Day Shred (30DS) - Starting 5/23

Options

Replies

• ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options

That's too bad :cry: Getting sidelined for an injury or illness sucks, especially when u really have the motivation to do something and want to do it. But u have to listen to the doctor or risk getting hurt even worse. Have u tried the Leslie Sansone workout videos? I hear that they are very effective and are much less stressful on the joints. Get better soon!:flowerforyou:

I'll have to check out Leslie Sansone - I went for a walk today and even that hurt my knees. Gah! The funny thing is the best treatment for my knees is losing weight and exercising, but slowly every exercise I like to do is being whittled away.
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 9: Well I am back home and doing this on a hard wood floor again. It is still easier but I have one more day of level 2 so that's probably why.
  • fpueblo
    Options
    Level 2 Day 10 done I'm looking forward to level 3. I don't think I lost any weight but that may be due to takeout I ate for the last 5 days during vacation I think I only went over my cals one day though...
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 10 done I'm looking forward to level 3. I don't think I lost any weight but that may be due to takeout I ate for the last 5 days during vacation I think I only went over my cals one day though...

I think level 3 is much easier. It's awesome that you are still shredding while on vacation! My scale wasn't moving either for about two weeks up until two days ago. Keep it up!
  • fpueblo
    Options

I think level 3 is much easier. It's awesome that you are still shredding while on vacation! My scale wasn't moving either for about two weeks up until two days ago. Keep it up!

I just updated my pic This is how I look as of today...

Ok guys I have an issue I have a small case of sciatica. Why I say small is that it's not severely painful but it is shocking because its not constant it's more of a spasm. Should I hold off on starting Level 3 till its gone or should I soldier on?
  • minnesotamama
    minnesotamama Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Haven't been reporting in here...I skipped the workout over the weekend. I had no good reason except I just didn't feel up to it. However, Monday and today I was faithful in doing level 3. I also measured myself this morning and have lost 13 inches! I'm super happy about that, but also bummed because I'm not seeing the scale moving. : / I can't really expect too much, though, since I haven't been watching what I eat. Oh well, at least I'm seeing some nice results in the mirror and in my clothing!
  • coquetona
    Options

I just updated my pic This is how I look as of today...

Ok guys I have an issue I have a small case of sciatica. Why I say small is that it's not severely painful but it is shocking because its not constant it's more of a spasm. Should I hold off on starting Level 3 till its gone or should I soldier on?

That does not sound like fun at all! It's your call. When I was having really bad muscle cramps I stopped to take a day of rest and then went back to it the next day when I felt better. Definitely don't overdo it because you don't want it to turn into an actual injury that is long term. I would vote for taking a day of rest and then playing it by ear.
  • coquetona
    Options
    Haven't been reporting in here...I skipped the workout over the weekend. I had no good reason except I just didn't feel up to it. However, Monday and today I was faithful in doing level 3. I also measured myself this morning and have lost 13 inches! I'm super happy about that, but also bummed because I'm not seeing the scale moving. : / I can't really expect too much, though, since I haven't been watching what I eat. Oh well, at least I'm seeing some nice results in the mirror and in my clothing!

I totally did the same thing! Ah! Oh well. I am actually doubling up today. Did level 3 in the morning and now I'm going to do it again tonight. Probably not the best idea but oh well! I really want to finish on Sunday!
  • fpueblo
    Options
    Level 3 Day 1 done. Jumps hurt my knees but I hope to get through it... Sciatica didn't cause issues during the routine so that's a plus...
  • coquetona
    Options
    I finished day 4 of level 3 tonight. I slacked on the weekend when I only intended to take one day of rest and instead took two. I did day 3 of level 3 this morning. The crazy thing was it was way easier tonight through the second round than it was this morning. I might do a double on Friday as well so I can get this done on Sunday. Hoping to post results on Monday!!
  • kheaudet
    kheaudet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • coquetona
    Options
    Where did everyone go? :( It seems like there are only four of us left standing. How's everyone doing? I finished level 3 day 5! Only 5 more to go until I'm shredded!!
  • roberta_strick33
    roberta_strick33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im in, im on day 3 today! i need motivation!
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I started level 3 yesterday...9 days left :)
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 23, i have not stopped. so far i've lost 3 pounds so far, hoping to lose more! i find the plyometeric tough! my knees are very sore. sometimes i workout at night vs same time everyday, still happy i've gone this far
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Still here, just lurking! I've finished through day 24, which is my 4th day on Level 3. In the first ten days, I lost 17 inches (core, right and left). In the first 15, that jumped to 19, and as of day 20 (end of level 2), it was 26.75. I'm excited to see what the next six days bring, but kind of wondering what happens next - once I'm done with the 30DS, what then? XD Also, for reference, I have done 24 consecutive days, no off days. I've also lost about a pound. Tops.
  • coquetona
    Options
    I plan to do Ripped in 30 after the shred if anyone wants to join me! I finished level 3 day 5 today.
  • fpueblo
    Options
    Level 3 Day 2 done knees are killing me but I will keep on also anyone else have sore lower arms near the elbow due to the two planks you have to do with bent arms?
  • JennBona
    Options
    Level 3 Day 2 done knees are killing me but I will keep on also anyone else have sore lower arms near the elbow due to the two planks you have to do with bent arms?

My knees are killing also...I went to the gym lastnight and tried to do leg extensions sooo painful and didnt have problems with my knees until the shred but gone so far to stop now!! and ya my lower arms hurt too...level 3 is a killer for sure :)
  • JennBona
    Options
    Today will be Day 3 of level 3...I still find it very hard but a little easier than day one of level 3...body is pretty sore today as I did the shred and went to the gym for an hour last night...no pain no gain right ? lol