The biggest summer challenge! :]

Options

Replies

• Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Palo, your "clean eating" promise is really motivating. I'm going to do the same.
  • jkwilson300
    jkwilson300 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey guys sorry I haven’t weighed in yet I ended up getting sick and didn’t have a way to access MFP so I'm doing it now. I weighed in at 344 haven’t lost and haven’t gained.
  • coultesr
    coultesr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Any challenges this week? I already lost my partner... are we loosing the board too? The challenges were fun. Hope I am not the only one who misses them.
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I miss them to.
  • journey2size10
    Options
    thanks for the guys who commented about the clean eating.

looking over the recent posts, how about we have a clean eating challenge till the weigh in on sunday?
    I've also found drinking half your bodyweight in water really helps too! this week I have been drinking an ounce per pound in water and I see pounds dropping daily.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I missed the challenges this week too!!! Bummer, that was fun!!!
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

looking over the recent posts, how about we have a clean eating challenge till the weigh in on sunday?
    I've also found drinking half your bodyweight in water really helps too! this week I have been drinking an ounce per pound in water and I see pounds dropping daily.

I'll take you up on the water challenge. Don't know if I'll get a full 27 cups of water in a day, but I'm approaching 20. I'm increasing my salt intake a tad to keep my electrolites balanced. As for the clean eating I don't have a choice. There's nothing that comes in a box that I can eat and I can't eat refined sugar either.
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Does drinking that much water really help? Do you know why?
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

I'll take you up on the water challenge. Don't know if I'll get a full 27 cups of water in a day, but I'm approaching 20. I'm increasing my salt intake a tad to keep my electrolites balanced. As for the clean eating I don't have a choice. There's nothing that comes in a box that I can eat and I can't eat refined sugar either.

Don't forget to add more potasssium as well...
  • icerose137
    Options
    [/quote]

Don't forget to add more potasssium as well...
    [/quote]

Yeah, I eat a lot of potassium already, I was super low about a year ago due to my celiacs so I've made a conscious effort to have a high potassium diet. Sodium was my low one. I also know the signs for overhydration and watch them like a hawk. Haven't had a problem yet, and I feel a lot better since increasing my water so much.
  • journey2size10
    Options
    I started drinking that much after reading an article in "off the couch" magazine about a year or two ago. I don't always do it, but it seems the weeks that I do it, I drop more weight than normal. It's easier to do it over the summer months also as its hot as hades here in texas.. I wish I could give more insight on this...any takers?
    Does drinking that much water really help? Do you know why?
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Did this thread actually die off? No challenges or spreadsheets for the week? Just curious?
  • icerose137
    Options
    I'm hoping the leaders of this thread didn't disappear. I'm having a lot of fun with this challenge.

As to the water, a recent study showed an increase in metabolic rate when drinking lots of water. http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20040105/drinking-water-may-speed-weight-loss

Thought that was pretty cool and I've noticed an increase in my weight loss as well.
  • andrea1237
    andrea1237 Posts: 44
    Options
    Hello Bigger summer challengers!
    I'm very sorry about the lack of challenges this week.
    Next week, we will have challenges. I've been very busy, and i apologize.
    My mother is very ill, and I'm waiting to see if I need to go see her.
    I don't have the spreadsheet, because the other leader of this thread has it. So I'll ask her and get back to you.
    I apologize again for the inconvinienceof my situation.
    keep kicking butt!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Hello Bigger summer challengers!
    I'm very sorry about the lack of challenges this week.
    Next week, we will have challenges. I've been very busy, and i apologize.
    My mother is very ill, and I'm waiting to see if I need to go see her.
    I don't have the spreadsheet, because the other leader of this thread has it. So I'll ask her and get back to you.
    I apologize again for the inconvinienceof my situation.
    keep kicking butt!

Sure hope your Mom is going to be ok! Please let us know if we can support you in some way!!!! I'm excited that I get to post a loss again this week, but I'll do it closer to Sunday...
  • icerose137
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your mom! Hope she gets feeling better.
  • coultesr
    coultesr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I, too also hope that your mom will be ok. Will be looking forward to keep this challenge going!
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about you mom, hoping she will be ok. All the best.
  • icerose137
    Options
    I hope the other leader checks in soon. It would be nice to see how everyone did last week and who the leaders are. I'm really looking forward to this weigh in. This past week was incredible.
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Challenge start weight: 197.8
    6/5: 197.8
    6/12 195.6
    6/19 196.0 (+0.4) Not bad, considering I spent the week at DisneyWorld with my four teenagers. I think it's mostly water retention, since I had a hard time drinking enough water. I'm at the beach this week, so I'm hoping it will be a lot better!!