Pin-up Girls! - Week 1

Options

Replies

• lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Oh you shouldn't have shared those links, this could be VERY dangerous :)
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I wanna find a cute pin-up style one piece swimsuit for the beach, but they are all so expensive. I saw this adorable rockabilly girl in one last summer and I was super jealous. She was smokin' hot!
  • Kraziekay89
    Kraziekay89 Posts: 45
    Options
    i WOULD LIKE TO JOIN! IF ITS STILL OPEN MY WEIGH IN IS 156.6
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? CW: 162
  • abbrarogers
    abbrarogers Posts: 25
    Options
    I was replying in week 9 and was wondering where everyone was at! lol!

Hey there, just wondering if I can join in again? I joined you gals back in like Oct. I think and then completely fell off the band wagon with being on MFP and posting and what not, but I'd like to try to stick around if possible :) I was 220 on April 17 and just weighted in this morning at 209! I'm totally excited to finally get this weight off once and for all!

So I guess I need to celebrate since I lost my first 10lbs (even better, I lost 11!) No cake though!!! lol
  • Macy_R
    Macy_R Posts: 91
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I need a support group and I saw the results from last time and I would love to be apart of the success! :)

CW- 162
  • abbrarogers
    abbrarogers Posts: 25
    Options
    What worked for you the last 10 weeks? I think I've onlyt been at it for around 5 weeks but counting calories has helped me lose my first 11 pounds and I am so pumped!

What are you goals this round? To lose 20 more pounds!

What are you going to do the same or change this time? I am going to cheat alot less and workout alot more, both were things that I was and wasn't doing in the last 5 weeks, I cheated too many times, it makes me think of how much more weight I would have lost had I stuck to my eating plan more and I have TOTALLY slacked on going to the gym! We have been doing more outside things since it has gotten nicer outside so I have gotten some exercise, along with my usual chasing around of my 3 kids and all my crazy house cleaning but not like going to the gym, I miss the eliptical machine!
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    Thursday morning and I am happy to report I haven't peeked at the scale. I suppose that is literally a NSV. :wink:

Like a true addict, I think about it several times a day, and look at the spot on my floor where the scale should be every time I go into my bathroom. But I haven't caved. I feel liberated.

One of the reasons I started this change was, on Wednesdays I tend to be my lowest weight. I would see that and feel really good about myself. This had a few side effects, 1) I would be a little more lenient or relaxed with my calorie intake or make a few more bad food choices, and 2) come Monday morning if I weighed the same or more than the prior Wednesday, I would feel bad about myself.

I think I found my twin!! I thought I was the only one that thought like this.... ALL OF IT! I haven't gotten on the scale either and that is HUGE for me. Congrats!!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I'm totally a scale addict. I have to hide it from myself during the week because it can mess with my head. All the ups and downs are terribly frustrating, but totally normal. Once when I was on weight watchers I actually threw the damn thing away.
  • frankerzzzfit
    frankerzzzfit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    id love to join this!! current weight 215
  • Kraziekay89
    Options
    I can't see the charts... anyone know why that is?
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thursday morning and I am happy to report I haven't peeked at the scale. I suppose that is literally a NSV. :wink:

Like a true addict, I think about it several times a day, and look at the spot on my floor where the scale should be every time I go into my bathroom. But I haven't caved. I feel liberated.

One of the reasons I started this change was, on Wednesdays I tend to be my lowest weight. I would see that and feel really good about myself. This had a few side effects, 1) I would be a little more lenient or relaxed with my calorie intake or make a few more bad food choices, and 2) come Monday morning if I weighed the same or more than the prior Wednesday, I would feel bad about myself.

OMG! this is exactly my problem. but i've never put it in words! yeah i want to weigh every morning then i'll be down a couple lbs so the rest of the week i'm thinking "i can afford to eat that" then it all goes down hill through the weekend and lose nothing on mondays. ugh! e.v.e.r.y. week... i should put it in a very unconvenient place, so that it's just a pain in the *kitten* to weigh!
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Looking forward to this challenge and working towards looking more like a pin-up. ;)

What are you goals this round?

- Hopefully get into the 230's.
    - Eat more fruits and veggies, I've been a bit lax on that.
    - Get up to 60 minutes on the elliptical, I'm currently at 30 minutes at a time which is a feat in itself.
  • Kraziekay89
    Options
    Hi ladies! Looking forward to this challenge and working towards looking more like a pin-up. ;)

- Hopefully get into the 230's.
    - Eat more fruits and veggies, I've been a bit lax on that.
    - Get up to 60 minutes on the elliptical, I'm currently at 30 minutes at a time which is a feat in itself.

My goals are:
    - Get to the 130's:noway:
    - Stick to my Weight Watchers Diet:heart:
    - Get thru C25K 1 full time:ohwell:
  • Babyblue4711
    Babyblue4711 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i should put it in a very unconvenient place, so that it's just a pain in the *kitten* to weigh!

I put my scale in the kitchen under the sink. Since I like to weigh without clothes it makes it a bit harder to weigh all the time, specially with the kids home for the summer.
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    This sounds great, is it too late to join ? If not my weight is 250 lbs even!
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I actually do weigh in every day. I like it. It gives me direct information on how what I've eaten affects my body. Example, if I go over my sodium by more than about 200-500mg, my weight correspondingly goes up by about two pounds. Never would have caught the correlation otherwise. o.o;; I also have a spreadsheet that tracks my actual weight and 'smooths' it - takes an average of my weight over time and gives me a set number that is less disrupted by changes. So, when I have one bad day, it doesn't make much of a dent in my smoothed weight, which keeps me motivated (as opposed to that bad day making me feel awful, which leads to my sitting on the couch reading a book all day, no workouts and eating maybe 400 cal, which is what got me into this boat in the first place!). I'm a freak of nature and a numbers geek (apparently), so... Yeah. ^_^

In other news, though... Oh, GOD. I'm *so tired.* However, I'm busting my *kitten* off. I WILL fit into my dress, and I WILL lose the weight, and I *WILL* be an effing pin-up! XD I just finished 30DS for the day, and tonight after my toddler is in bed, I'll do my weight lifting. So Tired, though...
  • fishrockstar
    fishrockstar Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I wanna find a cute pin-up style one piece swimsuit for the beach, but they are all so expensive. I saw this adorable rockabilly girl in one last summer and I was super jealous. She was smokin' hot!

http://www.target.com/Merona-Polka-Dot-Bandeau-Shirred-Swimsuit/dp/B003BMQHNI/ref=br_1_13?ie=UTF8&node=13706071&searchSize=30&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-13&qid=1306451275&rh=&searchBinNameList=target_com_brand-bin,target_com_size-bin,target_com_primary_color-bin,price&searchRank=salesrank&frombrowse=1

Theres more colors as well if you search through their one-piece swimwear. I <3 target because they always seem to have cute retro style one-pieces for much cheaper than the specialty stores.

Added all.

155 ladies now.....

Does it just take a while for the images to change? Hopin I didn't get skipped over :3
  • Macy_R
    Macy_R Posts: 91
    Options

In 10 weeks I wanna lose 10 pounds, maybe that's a low goal but it's super attainable!
    I want to feel my clothes fitting better or have them become loose!
    I want to log my food in for the next 10 weeks! :)