Options

Replies

• PrincessBTits
    PrincessBTits Posts: 198
    Options
    Great idea Jumelle!
  • gingerOHsnap
    Options
    Oooh, thank you, jumelle! I've ganked one of each!

OKay, this might be a really stupid question BUT...how do you put the banners into your signature? :\
  • misschocolate82
    Options
    Hey girls
    Right I have a MAJOR incentive now....its my sister-in-law 30th birthday at the end of the year and she's decided to have a masquerade ball....well I have found an AMAZING dress but its a hefty price...hubby says it can be my reward if I reach goal in time....what do you all think?
    http://www.lightinthebox.com/Trumpet--Mermaid-Spaghetti-Straps-Sweep--Brush-Train-Chiffon-Evening--Prom-Dress--HSX253-_p24756.html
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    Hey girls
    Right I have a MAJOR incentive now....its my sister-in-law 30th birthday at the end of the year and she's decided to have a masquerade ball....well I have found an AMAZING dress but its a hefty price...hubby says it can be my reward if I reach goal in time....what do you all think?
    http://www.lightinthebox.com/Trumpet--Mermaid-Spaghetti-Straps-Sweep--Brush-Train-Chiffon-Evening--Prom-Dress--HSX253-_p24756.html

I love it and I actually have a friend who ordered from them and she said the dress was even better than she thought it would be ordering via online she did say the ta-ta area runs small just fyi lol
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Miss Chocolate, that is *gorgeous*. I'm not certain how well it would be to meet your goal before you get there (as I understand it, those last ten can be a PITA), but for getting close? That's a heckuva motivator, alright! ^_^

Ginger: You right click the image and open it in a new tab. Save the URL from the image, then go into your signature (Community, Signature is on the page itself, not the header), and paste that in there. Around the outside use the tags img and /img with a [ and a ] around them. Save signature. ^_^

OH! My 'me' stuff. Good morning, ladies! It is 8:40, I'm up, dressed for workout, weighed in, HRM on... and feeling queasy. But I need to get going before my toddler wakes up and puts a heckuva crimp in my workout getalong. x.x;; Hopefully getting scooting is the right answer. I'd hate to get partway through and have to stop because I didn't listen when I felt queasy. o.o;; Yikes! Either way, though, this is me. I'm stubborn as a goat. I'm going to do it anyhow, and hope for the best. o.o;;
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey girls

That dresss is h-o-t HOT and would be stunning on you! :love: Fantastic incentive. It looks like you would need to lose about 6 lbs a month to reach that goal. When you break it down like that, it seems attainable.
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Oh they are fabulous, Jumelle! Thank you!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    That dress is beautiful! Go for it!
    Funny story, my 3 yr old found the scale where I was hiding it in my closet, picked it up and helpfully placed it back on the bathroom floor. Sabotage comes in all shapes and sizes, and sometimes has a button nose and dimples. :ohwell:

Hahahaha. That's adorable.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This thread has gotten long! When are weigh-ins due!??!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    This thread has gotten long! When are weigh-ins due!??!

I think Monday ... Correct me if I'm wrong though.
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    Might be a bad weekend. The first day I have an elliptical in my house and use it I hurt my left knee! It is killing me! I have no idea how I am going to excercise on this.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Just drank a big glass of milk...so I'm waiting for that to settle before I get KenpoX done for today. Rest day tomorrow and going to the boyfriend's parents for a cookout. I'm in charge of dessert and I'm trying to find something light and healthier to make or buy. I was thinking something cooler since it's going to be a hot day on the lake...or some sort of fruit dessert...any suggestions??
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Just drank a big glass of milk...so I'm waiting for that to settle before I get KenpoX done for today. Rest day tomorrow and going to the boyfriend's parents for a cookout. I'm in charge of dessert and I'm trying to find something light and healthier to make or buy. I was thinking something cooler since it's going to be a hot day on the lake...or some sort of fruit dessert...any suggestions??

I love Gina's recipe site. Everything I have tried has been fantastic and guilt free! You can look around her site for some nice dessert recipes, I will post a link to a couple which I think would be fantastic for a cookout on a hot day....

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/07/fruit-kabobs.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/07/creamy-grape-dessert.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/strawberry-kiwi-pavlovas.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/strawberry-swirl-cheesecake.html

For the most part these all look super easy to throw together, I hope you can find something you like!
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Might be a bad weekend. The first day I have an elliptical in my house and use it I hurt my left knee! It is killing me! I have no idea how I am going to excercise on this.

Sorry to hear that! I don't know how close you are to a pool but swimming is low impact cardio which is very easy on your knees, either that or cycling? If you can't do either of those, perhaps try some upper body and core workouts (crunches, leg lifts, maybe even some weights?) They won't burn as many calories as cardio, but muscle does help burn fat and you should seriously rest your knee if you are in that much pain! Good Luck!
  • lhurtubise
    Options

Sorry to hear that! I don't know how close you are to a pool but swimming is low impact cardio which is very easy on your knees, either that or cycling? If you can't do either of those, perhaps try some upper body and core workouts (crunches, leg lifts, maybe even some weights?) They won't burn as many calories as cardio, but muscle does help burn fat and you should seriously rest your knee if you are in that much pain! Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice! I think I am going to go to the YMCA and get in the pool for a while! I definitely have to rest my knee. It hurts just to walk on it right now.
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Saturdays so I'll just hold that number till Monday then?
    Current weight: 143.6
    Last week: 145.6
    difference 2 pounds
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I weigh in on Saturdays so I'll just hold that number till Monday then?
    Current weight: 143.6
    Last week: 145.6
    difference 2 pounds

If you weigh in a little earlier you can send it in like this, and I'll put it in my chart for Monday. :)
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ohmygosh, I love Gina's Skinny Recipes! My absolute fav dessert: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/pina-colada-cupcakes.html

Nomnomnom. :D
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options

I love Gina's recipe site. Everything I have tried has been fantastic and guilt free! You can look around her site for some nice dessert recipes, I will post a link to a couple which I think would be fantastic for a cookout on a hot day....

Thanks for posting this! I didn't know about that website. Looks like there are some great recipes!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I bought a giant fruit bowl for the family cookout tomorrow. It looks SO good. I wanted a healthy dessert option....something light and cool. So YUM!! I decided I didn't have time to make anything so I just went to the store and they had these watermelons cut in half and filled with melon, pineapple, strawberries, blackberries, kiwi, grapes, starfruit......yuuuuuum. I'm trying so hard to forget it's in my fridge!

I saw 170.4 on the scale this morning. That's 2.2lbs down from Monday....but I'm fluctuating a lot because of TOM and it's likely to go back up. But it's giving me the incentive to be good tomorrow. I'll just snack on my fruit the whole time and have small portions of other foods. I want the 160's!!! And I'd love to see a good weigh in on Monday. That's when I'll take my 2week measurements for P90x too.

Hope you all are doing well over this weekend.