Help me find the courage (B&A pics)

Options

Replies

• lynmaree
    lynmaree Posts: 2
    Options
    You are truly my inspiration! You have no idea how much these pics just helped me. I just joined this week and we are similar in that I am starting at 215 and am 5'8...my goal due to frame is a little higher than yours at 150. You give me an idea of what I will look like when I succeed. Thanks so much, you look absolutely phenomenal !!!!!!! (and I agree you look even less than 135!)
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Amazing job :)
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    throw away (donate) your clothes NOW! One of the best ways to keep the weight off is to not have clothes to "grow" back in to!

Congrats on a fabulous job!

she is right. i did that..and slowly i grew back into my old jeans...saying oh these are too tight what a bout these and these...donate them
  • Mama2memphis
    Mama2memphis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh you inspire me so much! I'm 210lbs right now and seeing your after pic really gives me the motivation to keep going.
    May I ask how long it took you to get to your goal weight?

Btw wonderful job!!!

Thank-You! It took me about a year, but for the first few months I wasn't really focused.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    amazing! you look fab
  • Mama2memphis
    Options
    Throw them away, or better burn them. Old clothes make easy to slip back into old habits. A few years ago I weighed 318 lbs, I started a diet and exercise program on New Year's Eve and by the middle of August I was down to 195 pounds, and felt great. That was the week I went on vacation. I still remember the 1st cookie (Mrs. Fields) I ate after 8 months of no sugar. I slid back into those fat clothes easy peasy, always planning on next week. Now it is my thin clothes that are bagged up and have been for 20 years. I started last year at 320 and slowly reduced to 302, 3 weeks ago, when I started MFP I am looking forward to breaking out those thinner clothes and getting rid of my current ones forever. Don't look back, just keep moving forward.

I went Camping over the weekend & decided it would be ok to pig out, & I haven't really stopped. what an eye opener. Thanks for posting your story. I need to re-focus & definetly gt rid of those fat clothes hat are haunting me!
  • Mama2memphis
    Options
    Look at all those compliments you pretty girl! I'm so happy for you. You should be so proud, what a great accomplishment! Oh and we need to get together soon! :heart:

Thanks Sis! You've been helping get through this, I can't thank you enough for that!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    give them away! you have come too far to hang on to them! You wont go back to what you used to be if that is what is worrying you.

you need to give them away to charity or ebay them and use the money to buy yourself nice things!
  • Mama2memphis
    Options
    You look beautiful. Okay I'll act like a mom now, go get your fat clothes and put them in your car to give to goodwill or something.

Thanks Mom! haha. :)
  • Mama2memphis
    Options
    You are just adorable in that little tank top, honey--why would you ever want to put on that giant T-shirt in the first picture again? I get it, a little, as my weight has gone up and down. But you sound like you have really changed your life. You don't need your big stuff anymore. Donate it and get on with your healthy new life, with lots of room in your organized feng shui closet containing only cute clothes you like now. Congratulations on a huge change--you look beautiful.

Thanks! I actually still wear that huge T-shirt every now & then at the gym, however if I don't wear a undershirt with it, You could probably see my nips! haha
  • Mama2memphis
    Options
    Congratulations! It looks like you found you!

Love this! I did find me! :)
  • MichelleKit
    MichelleKit Posts: 31
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!! Wonderful JOB!!!!!!!
  • Mama2memphis
    Options
    You look fabulous. A real inspiration!! Congrats on the new you!!

Donate the clothes. They are just a reminder of the old days - that ain't you anymore.

P.S. Am Irish, living in Ireland - have no idea what KD is???

Kraft Dinner, It's processed Mac & Cheese! So Yummy, but you might as well be eating garbage. It's not at all a healthy choice. Haha
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    throw away (donate) your clothes NOW! One of the best ways to keep the weight off is to not have clothes to "grow" back in to!

Congrats on a fabulous job!

Big ditto!!
  • joeywoey
    joeywoey Posts: 4
    Options
    You look amazing hunni and I to like to look at B&A pics. Throw ur big clothes away, its all to easy to slip into bad ways again if u know u have a bag of big clothes lurking in the back ground. Well done x
  • Mama2memphis
    Options
    Hopefully by now...you have already given your clothes away! I have given my bigger size clothes to friends of mine that are losing weight as well, but they were bigger than me...as they have began to lose weight, they've needed smaller clothes. It feels awesome to be able to do that!

I haven't yet, I have most of them bagged up, but I still have a dresser & closet to go through. I'm finding it so hard to just do! I'm stuck in the mind frame the fat Stephanie! I WILL have all the fat clothes out of my house soon though! I can't keep putting it off!
  • Mama2memphis
    Options
    You are truly my inspiration! You have no idea how much these pics just helped me. I just joined this week and we are similar in that I am starting at 215 and am 5'8...my goal due to frame is a little higher than yours at 150. You give me an idea of what I will look like when I succeed. Thanks so much, you look absolutely phenomenal !!!!!!! (and I agree you look even less than 135!)

I'm glad! I have always been the one looking for inpiration. It's neat being on the other side of things and inspiring others to keep moving forward!

Thanks by the way!
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    KD stands for Kraft Dinner. It is a macaroni and cheese you make from a box. I used to be able to eat a whole box of it in one sitting.

Oh, absolutely, I get it. And the box itself might have been more nutritious. Sigh.:ohwell:
  • LC28
    LC28 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!! Great inspiration. Donate your clothes. There are so many people in the world that need help. That will be a good start to get rid of your clothes. Keep up the good work :)
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    OMG you look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!