twilight fanatics challenge! get your vamp on by november 1

Options

Replies

• imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    It's not my weigh in day for MFP but I'm excited! Today was my weigh in day at the gym with my trainer and I lost a total of 25 pounds, 14 inches and reduced my body fat by 4% ! Deff. some progress that will keep me focused and determined to lose more! :-)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Good Challenge this week...boy do I need it.

thanks!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Just checking in ... Hope all is well! You ladies ROCK my SOCKS off! Thanks
  • rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Hope you are all having a great week!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    morning, all of you of a vampish persuasion! happy hump day. keeping in true form to our challenge, i've been on top of the world this week, all because i bit the bullet and wore a bikini for the first time ever. substantial stomach, varicose veins, still needing to lose another 25 pounds or so, but i did it anyways, and i swear it was the best therapy ever! i wrote a blog about it - it's on the top trending list right now, which is pretty cool! yay!

i'll get your weekly wednesday twilight wonder up sometime later this evening - i can't do it from here, but it will be there later! have a good one, everyone!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for the great chart - seeing the numbers changing when it doesn't seem like I've made any progress is really encouraging.

I love this week's challenge - like lots of us, I'm prone to say things like "oh well, I've lost weight before, I don't know how I"ll go keeping it off...." or similar.
    This week I'm gong to reply with "thanks, I've been working hard at it and I'm pleased it's paying off".

I do tend to admire my new look in the mirror quite often, so will keep that up :)
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just checking in on this lovely Wednesday.

This has been a really hard week for me. I'm feeling more down on myself than I should be... especially considering the progress I have made. I'm just feeling really blech and unattractive. And unfortunately... my SO is NOT helping in that area :( I know I shouldn't rely on another person to make me feel good about myself, but still. It's frustrating. And it's not even that he's sort of emotionally absent / doesn't really notice me. It's also that when I'm feeling really positive and talking about how awesome I'm doing (I started couch to 5k and i was REALLY proud of myself for actually RUNNING my intervals at 5.5 mph. Me. Running. There is snow on the hills of hell, I swear it). Anyway, so I start talking about how excited I am b/c I feel more toned already... and he's just like "Yeah... I'm still fat". No congrats. No "Baby you are looking amazing". Just turns the conversation to how he doesn't like how he looks. It is really messing with my self esteem :(

I know it shouldn't be... It's not his job to make me feel good about myself. But still :( I'm having a sad week thanks to his complete lack of interest in me lately :(:(:(

Sorry for the rant :(:(:( Just feelin' down....
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    alright...a little late coming, but here it is - your weekly wednesday twilight wonder! now, before you see it, just know that it's a clip from the movie 'vampires suck' - which i highly recommend if you *love* twilight, or if you *hate* twilight! it's hilarious either way! enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWKpVhde-_o&feature=related
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    This has been a really hard week for me. I'm feeling more down on myself than I should be... especially considering the progress I have made. I'm just feeling really blech and unattractive.

:( I'm having a sad week thanks to his complete lack of interest in me lately :(:(:(

chin up! this is your horse, so you ride it. he can stay or go as he chooses, but that's *your* sunset up ahead, so gitty-up. we've got your back here, and you've done brilliantly! :flowerforyou:
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I agree with Stacy - Vampires Suck was a fun movie - my husband even enjoyed it!

So Stacy is at her 130th day today, and guess what- it is 130 days until November!

Heading into the weekend - have a great one all!
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just checking in on this lovely Wednesday.

This has been a really hard week for me. I'm feeling more down on myself than I should be... especially considering the progress I have made. I'm just feeling really blech and unattractive. And unfortunately... my SO is NOT helping in that area :( I know I shouldn't rely on another person to make me feel good about myself, but still. It's frustrating. And it's not even that he's sort of emotionally absent / doesn't really notice me. It's also that when I'm feeling really positive and talking about how awesome I'm doing (I started couch to 5k and i was REALLY proud of myself for actually RUNNING my intervals at 5.5 mph. Me. Running. There is snow on the hills of hell, I swear it). Anyway, so I start talking about how excited I am b/c I feel more toned already... and he's just like "Yeah... I'm still fat". No congrats. No "Baby you are looking amazing". Just turns the conversation to how he doesn't like how he looks. It is really messing with my self esteem :(

I know it shouldn't be... It's not his job to make me feel good about myself. But still :( I'm having a sad week thanks to his complete lack of interest in me lately :(:(:(

Sorry for the rant :(:(:( Just feelin' down....

I read or heard a quote once but I don't remember who said it - something like no one can make you feel bad without your permission - sounds like he is jealous - don't let him make you feel bad! Awesome job on starting couch to 5K!! Keep up the great work!
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This week has been sooo stressful. Its finals week for my summer A classes and I have been beating myself up for not having the time to exercise and eat right due to no time, horrible sleeping and eating schedules. Just saw this weeks challenge and with two days left of finals, I am happy to see that I should not beat myself up. Thanks for this week's challenge.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I did a vanishing act... but I is back! Got bogged down with all manner of things (mostly horses!) although the weight loss has thankfully carried on and i hit my first stone this week SnoopyDance.gif
  • angelofmusic1
    Options
    Can I join in? I lost what is (to me) lots of weight with Twilight - watching it on the treadmill over and over again lol. I also swam regularly. Whatever works right? :-) Then I got injured and I'm now trying to get back into things properly but my routine got thrown by not being able to walk and it is difficult to get back into it. I was working out every day and doing so well. I felt really good and want to get back into that again. Life has changed a bit so every day isn't realistic but I'm aiming for four days a week. I've just got started here and will weigh in again in about a week or so.

I am totally Team Edward (or Carlisle!).
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    This week has been sooo stressful. Its finals week for my summer A classes and I have been beating myself up for not having the time to exercise and eat right due to no time, horrible sleeping and eating schedules. Just saw this weeks challenge and with two days left of finals, I am happy to see that I should not beat myself up. Thanks for this week's challenge.

Hey, studying burns about 50 calories an hour!! Good luck on finals! I recently had the last week of the school year & was the same way. Just get through it and get yourself back on track!
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Can I join in? I lost what is (to me) lots of weight with Twilight - watching it on the treadmill over and over again lol. I also swam regularly. Whatever works right? :-) Then I got injured and I'm now trying to get back into things properly but my routine got thrown by not being able to walk and it is difficult to get back into it. I was working out every day and doing so well. I felt really good and want to get back into that again. Life has changed a bit so every day isn't realistic but I'm aiming for four days a week. I've just got started here and will weigh in again in about a week or so.

I am totally Team Edward (or Carlisle!).
    I love that you lost weight with Twilight on your treadmill! Great idea! To join in, get in touch with chanstriste13 - Stacy - who has organized this group. Good luck!!
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stacy and nlsalvatore. I appreciate the words of support. You both helped me to get through the rest of my rough patch and I am just soaring high above the clouds today because...

wait for it...

Down 2 pounds from last Friday! WOOHOO :) I didn't take measurements (I save that for weeks the scale doesn't move)... but nothing perks me up like me getting one step closer to goal. Also, I have been doing 30 day shred and I'm noticing a HUGE difference in my legs already. I'm fortunate that I don't have much cellulite, but what I do have sits just below my bum and it's tightening up and dissappearing. Now THAT is a NSV worth singing about ;)
  • Twilightmom06
    Twilightmom06 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I gained one pound this week. I am so bummed.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    I gained one pound this week. I am so bummed.

don't sweat the small stuff - it's a long way back to eden! i'm in the same boat with you, but so long as we stay the course it *will* happen. just keep looking at the big picture and don't focus too much on the nitty-gritty - you've got this!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    REMINDER:

weigh-ins due by saturday night if you want to be on sunday's chart! there's been a lot of rockin' progress! wish i could say i was a part of it this week. :(

it ain't no thang...