twilight fanatics challenge! get your vamp on by november 1

Options

Replies

• arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have also been having a really stressful week..and the scale showed it, gained a lb :( BUT I am determined to really get back on track next week ( i have been lacking motivation and kinda feel like that has resulted in half efforts- great mornings not so great evenings)
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    Good Morning from England. I have lost 2lbs this week. Just 2lb away from my first stone. Yay Me.x
  • ladybug2020
    ladybug2020 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I too haven't done very well with food or exercise and now TOM but I was happy to ONLY see 180.8 this morning even with all my badness this week. Good luck everyone, this week WILL be better :happy:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hello all and congrats to those of you who lost this week GREAT JOB!!! I unfortunately did not lose anything this week and I know it has to do with being out of town. Problem is I am going to be out of town for another 2 weeks visiting family and it's so hard to stay focused some where else. Hopfully I can get it together this week and really put forward some effort. I hope everyone has a great week and keep up all the hard work.

Starting Weight - 153
    6/25/11 - 153
    Breaking Dawn Goal - 128
  • Tamelaine
    Tamelaine Posts: 37
    Options
    Dang it! I gained a pound this week (probably becuase I was on vacation at a family reunion and ate a few things I shouldn't have!). Oh well. 164.2
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    HELP, PLEASE!

the computer at the beach sucketh. it won't let me use photobucket. i need a picture of charlie swan for this week's challenge. if anyone can send me the *image code* to one, i'd be *extremely* grateful! i found a nice one of charlie in his uniform and no writing on it. anything will be cool, though! thanks so much!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    HELP, PLEASE!

the computer at the beach sucketh. it won't let me use photobucket. i need a picture of charlie swan for this week's challenge. if anyone can send me the *image code* to one, i'd be *extremely* grateful! i found a nice one of charlie in his uniform and no writing on it. anything will be cool, though! thanks so much!

Swan2.jpg

Swan.jpg
  • rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    TWILIGHT CHALLENGE: WEEK 5 OF 25

“There’s no law that says I can’t cook in my own house.” Charlie Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 1, p.6”

Swan.jpg

But even so, it was generally Bella who did the cooking. Yes, a high school girl who was capable of preparing a delicious and healthy meal nearly every day of the week – what a role model!

This week your challenge is to eat at home more than you do now. If you eat out every meal, then try to cook two or three meals at home this week. If you’re already a whiz in the kitchen, then try out some new recipes. Your duty is to become one with your kitchen – familiarize yourself with it: sort your spice rack, try a new gadget (like a melon ball maker – that’s my pick of the week). Do something to make it fun and keep your shrinking butt in there!

We all know that vampires can eat real food, but it’s no good for them. Similarly, we can eat fake food, but it’s no good for humans. I’m so not a crazy advocate for clean eating – more power to those of you that are – but baking double-chocolate-chunk cookies in the oven does not count for this challenge! It doesn’t have to be totally clean, but it does have to be sensible. Even if it’s something like hotdogs and hamburgers or taco salad – if you fix it in your kitchen, even though it might not be super calorie friendly, it’s going to taste better and be better for you. So, my fellow vamps, this week you are to stick to the kitch! Best of luck!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    a special thank you to lhurtubise for the charlie swan pics! i'm at the beach and having technical difficulty - i can't get photoshop to cooperate, so i'm hoping to email the new chart to someone for them to post it for us. now don't everyone jump up at once...:tongue:

the beach is beautiful - i just went on a jog (2.2 miles) and did some jillian michaels. now i'm going to don my bikini and hit the waves! happy sunday, everyone!
  • DianaK78
    DianaK78 Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm in too if it's not too late! Team Edward :)
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Love the challenge. We don't eat out much - usually just special occasions - but I have been sorting through old food magazines and getting new recipes as I'm getting a bit bored and need to shake it up a little. Another well timed challenge for me :)
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    I eat out so much! Ahh this is definitely going to be a challenge, but I can do it!
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    a special thank you to lhurtubise for the charlie swan pics! i'm at the beach and having technical difficulty - i can't get photoshop to cooperate, so i'm hoping to email the new chart to someone for them to post it for us. now don't everyone jump up at once...:tongue:

the beach is beautiful - i just went on a jog (2.2 miles) and did some jillian michaels. now i'm going to don my bikini and hit the waves! happy sunday, everyone!

You can email it to me ... I will try to post it! Hopefully I can do it right!
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    I never eat out...... so my challenge this week is to try and make something different this week.....
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    I hope this works ...

We've lost 63.8 pounds for the week and 233 for the whole challenge! this *rocks*!!!

twilightchart5.jpg
  • tracish
    tracish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love this weeks challenge! I eat out so much. I like the idea of staying home. It's something we really need to work on in our house.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Nice easy one for you all to try cooking wise! I made this at the weekend for the Bf's birthday.

7 hr lamb (don't panic you don't need to watch it for 7hrs!)

1 large leg of lamb , about 3kg/6lb 8oz
    4 onions , sliced ( I 1/4'd mine)
    8 garlic cloves , peeled, but left whole
    4 carrots , leave whole if small or quarter lengthways
    300ml white wine
    300ml stock , use what you have (I used beef)
    thyme sprigs, to finish

Leg of lamb, I'd suggest skinning it unless you have a pet that will eat the skin, brown the sides in a pan as it won't brown as it's cooking.

Once it's brown add the stock and wine and onions and carrots and garlic and bring to the boil. Put all of this in a big dish with a lid and stick it in the oven for 7hrs, turning it twice. My meat fell off the bone at the 2nd turning, so stripped the bones and just left the meat cooking. (the fox at the yard loved me!)

It's so easy and tasty and the meat just falls off the bone! When the 7hrs are up drain the liquid into a pan and boil it until it reduces by about 1/3 and then put it all in a bowl on the table and serve with a spoon. It's lovely with mash! And no need for extra gravy!
  • angelofmusic1
    Options
    I cook at home always (unless I'm sick or something) and make something new several times each week so I guess I'm going to tidy my pantry :-)