Mark your calendar...June 6th starts another round of P90X C

Options

Replies

• reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I started P90 last Monday. :) Just now starting back on myfitnesspal. SO excited!! Question: how do I log my p90? I would LOVE to get in on your program!!

Hi Michelle! Welcome to the group.

If you are wearing an HRM and can measure your calorie burn, go to EXERCISE, go to My Exercises, and click on Creat Exercise...type in a description (i.e. Chest and Back + ARX - P90X) log the minutes and what was on your HRM. As you create them, they stay in your profile so you only have to create them once...
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    Feelin it all over. 11 days in, arms were still achy from pullups in chest and back when I started arms and shoulders today. still got in a great burn, and I think my arms are still pumped here 5 hours later. I'm sure running a 5K on my rest day isn't helping. Still love it though.
    Everyone keep working!
  • mthorne313
    mthorne313 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do have one! I'll try and find it tonight. :) Thanks! Im SO looking forward to this journey with you guys!!
  • OttawaJeannie
    Options
    Well, I did it! My very first P90x workout (Plyometrics, I'm doing Lean) and I SURVIVED! :)

I am so happy Tony Horton couldn't see me thru the tv because my form was ridiculous, especially toward the end. I found out I can't run with my knees up or with my heels toughing my butt. I am a mess, fitness-wise, but I'm going to keep trying and some day I WILL be able to run properly. I am trying my best and it feels pretty great - crazy but great :)

I definitely need a heart-rate monitor to make sure I am keeping my heart-rate in the proper, fat burning zone.

Thanks to reepobob for starting this thread and to my friend LifebloomLMT (someone I don't even know) for helping me to actually try this! Now, I just have to figure out how to do this and not give up on my June 100 mile challenge. Maybe less sleep? :(

My friend and I joke that Tony Horton and Tim Horton are actually brothers. Tim, the mild mannered Canadian invented chocolate covered, cream filled donuts and Tony, the wild American, invented P90x!! I think Canada got the better deal, eh? ;)
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 day 1. I almost skipped C and B today, but I went ahead and pushed through. I did better than expected. Better than last week,, and I was able to keep from getting so winded I have to pause.

Bob I was looking at your diary and your goals and I think me and you are pretty similiar. I am 6' and currently weight about 190 or less. I was aiming for 185 but I don't think I have the muscle for 185 right now. So I have changed my goal to 180. I try to eat around 2,000 cals a day. Sundays I eat whatever I want. Which pretty much means I eat the same but drink coke and rum and coke.

I stared a few months ago just eating better and went from 206 to 191 in about 8 weeks. I am having trouble with these last 10 or so pounds, but over the past 3 weeks I have dropped 2-3 pounds.

I did 23 pushups in round one and only 12 in round 2. The rest periods are so short I do not have time to recover, but it keeps my HR higher and I am more concerned with losing fat right now than anything else.
  • reepobob
    Options
    Well, I did it! My very first P90x workout (Plyometrics, I'm doing Lean) and I SURVIVED! :)

I am so happy Tony Horton couldn't see me thru the tv because my form was ridiculous, especially toward the end. I found out I can't run with my knees up or with my heels toughing my butt. I am a mess, fitness-wise, but I'm going to keep trying and some day I WILL be able to run properly. I am trying my best and it feels pretty great - crazy but great :)

I definitely need a heart-rate monitor to make sure I am keeping my heart-rate in the proper, fat burning zone.

Thanks to reepobob for starting this thread and to my friend LifebloomLMT (someone I don't even know) for helping me to actually try this! Now, I just have to figure out how to do this and not give up on my June 100 mile challenge. Maybe less sleep? :(

My friend and I joke that Tony Horton and Tim Horton are actually brothers. Tim, the mild mannered Canadian invented chocolate covered, cream filled donuts and Tony, the wild American, invented P90x!! I think Canada got the better deal, eh? ;)

Glad you can be part of the thread, my dear...I am curious...if you are doing Lean, why are you doing Plyo? Plyo isn't in Lean unless you are a freaking beast and you are subbing Cardio-X with Plyo. If so, I like your style girl. No worries on your form...that is why it is called "at home fitness" no one cares, except maybe your dog...LOL. Keep BRINGING IT! Your reps will improve, your stamina will improve, and your form will improve over time!
  • reepobob
    Options
    Feelin it all over. 11 days in, arms were still achy from pullups in chest and back when I started arms and shoulders today. still got in a great burn, and I think my arms are still pumped here 5 hours later. I'm sure running a 5K on my rest day isn't helping. Still love it though.
    Everyone keep working!

Dude, the first recovery week is heaven! Keep pushing play...you will get there! I felt so damn strong going into week 5 after recovery...you just gotta get there...I started hitting my stride in the first round around week 3.
  • reepobob
    Options
    I brought it hard today on Shoulders and Arms...I wasn't happy with my workout last week (first time with the bands) so I learned from my mistakes...I have some larger weights with me and I lifted heavy on a lot of the shoulder and bicep moves. On most, I barely made 8 reps, but I was struggling in the last few which is what you are supposed to do when you lift heavy. Getting better with the bands, but still wish I had my assortment of dumb bells. I know I brought it this week because my arms and shoulders got that jelly feel...I did something new on Ab Ripper...I did more than 25 reps between sets if I kept up with the video and really felt it by the time Mr. Mason Twists paid a visit. Still got the obligatory 50 in...I am so glad I conquered those bad boys...they were my Kryptonite for the longest time (Chatarunga Run is my new kyrptonite).

Feeling mellow and am ready for bed...got the workout in late as I needed to buy clothes...NOTHING FITS ANYMORE...I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

NSV!!! I wore 42" jeans on 11/10/2010, I wore 38" jeans on 2/28/2011, I wore 36" jeans up until today, I am now in 33" jeans...and they have a little wriggle room! Hell, I might be in the 30-31" territory by the time this round is over! I hope so...

Goodnight all!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    P90X Lean Day 8 - core synergistics = done!

Happy to report my jello legs are gone and I'm back and going strong today. YAY!!

Have to get the husband to the train at 6:30 tomorrow morning so workout will be after work. I'm hoping that Wednesday things will be back to normal and I will be able to do my wrok out in the morning.

Have a good nIght!
  • jenny_fur
    jenny_fur Posts: 73
    Options
    Count me in! Just joined MFP yesterday, my first day of P90x. This website is AMAZING, P90x... not so much... KIDDING I love it! this will be round two for me. (round 1 cut short by a month) but I know it works!
    Add me, I need support! lol
    XOX
    Jen
  • mthorne313
    Options
    Morning! Hope all of you pushed play this morning!! Did weights this morning with the ab ripper 100... Was not able to do all 100 abs, BUT I did do 85 of them!! :) They really hurt!! Im doing P90... does P90x have anything like that too? Happy Tuesday to all!!
  • mthorne313
    Options
    @ Jenn...

Welcome! I just started back on it (mfp) yesterday too. I have never done the boards before and right now... I am LOVING them! So much motivation from people. Good luck today!!
  • mthorne313
    Options
    I brought it hard today on Shoulders and Arms...I wasn't happy with my workout last week (first time with the bands) so I learned from my mistakes...I have some larger weights with me and I lifted heavy on a lot of the shoulder and bicep moves. On most, I barely made 8 reps, but I was struggling in the last few which is what you are supposed to do when you lift heavy. Getting better with the bands, but still wish I had my assortment of dumb bells. I know I brought it this week because my arms and shoulders got that jelly feel...I did something new on Ab Ripper...I did more than 25 reps between sets if I kept up with the video and really felt it by the time Mr. Mason Twists paid a visit. Still got the obligatory 50 in...I am so glad I conquered those bad boys...they were my Kryptonite for the longest time (Chatarunga Run is my new kyrptonite).

Feeling mellow and am ready for bed...got the workout in late as I needed to buy clothes...NOTHING FITS ANYMORE...I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

NSV!!! I wore 42" jeans on 11/10/2010, I wore 38" jeans on 2/28/2011, I wore 36" jeans up until today, I am now in 33" jeans...and they have a little wriggle room! Hell, I might be in the 30-31" territory by the time this round is over! I hope so...

Goodnight all!

I am so excited for you!! Just think... you have basically went down that much in what? 6 months!~~~ You are totally rockin AWESOMENESS! ;)
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Plyometrics last night. OMG this is the second time I've done this, but not any easier! This workout is a beast!

Feeling it all over today! I picked up heavier weights this weekend as the 5lb was not cutting it! Shoulders and arms tonight, can't wait to bring it.
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Plyometrics last night. OMG this is the second time I've done this, but not any easier! This workout is a beast!

Feeling it all over today! I picked up heavier weights this weekend as the 5lb was not cutting it! Shoulders and arms tonight, can't wait to bring it.

Mentally plyo is tough on me. I know physically I am capable, but it works on my mind big time.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Hello P90x'ers!

Last night's work out was awesome. We did Kenpo x and I brought it. That one is my favorite. Love love love pretending I'm kicking and punching somebody! :devil:

Sunday night we went over to a friends house and played pool v-ball for at least 2 1/2 hours straight. So.much.fun. But Kenpo was a bit more challenging because I was so sore.
    Today is rest day so we'll be at the pool again doing some cardio of some type, I'm sure.

Have a great day!

Bob- GREAT results you have there! That's amazing!!!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Way to go!!! Just take it a day at a time..

And don't talk about donuts!!! :brokenheart:
  • annyshay
    annyshay Posts: 42
    Options
    Hello all! Welcome to new comers!

I've been working out late at night, which makes posting a little weird. Hehe. Last night was Legs & Back followed by Ab Ripper X. Let me tell you that L&B is my love/hate workout. I know it's super good for me, but it's always hard to get the motivation up. I started doing the negative pull ups that were described a few pages ago and "They Are Money"! I can only do a few before I start falling like a rock. It's much better than trying to get the right amount of push from my foot on a chair. Thanks for sharing laceylala! ARX was also a real tough go last night. My abs are shot from starting up again and then yoga belly x the night before. Still, I pressed pause and pushed through to finish everything. I know that this program works, and I am going to stick with it. That said, looking forward to 2 days without ARX. :smile:

Happy Tuesday!
  • reepobob
    Options
    Hello all! Welcome to new comers!

I've been working out late at night, which makes posting a little weird. Hehe. Last night was Legs & Back followed by Ab Ripper X. Let me tell you that L&B is my love/hate workout. I know it's super good for me, but it's always hard to get the motivation up. I started doing the negative pull ups that were described a few pages ago and "They Are Money"! I can only do a few before I start falling like a rock. It's much better than trying to get the right amount of push from my foot on a chair. Thanks for sharing laceylala! ARX was also a real tough go last night. My abs are shot from starting up again and then yoga belly x the night before. Still, I pressed pause and pushed through to finish everything. I know that this program works, and I am going to stick with it. That said, looking forward to 2 days without ARX. :smile:

Happy Tuesday!

Suggestion...do ARX before your strength workout...you are the strongest at that time. I am doing ARX fine, but I still knock it out of the way first. I don't think I could do ARX after a hard grind on Legs and Back...try it next time...
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello P90x'ers!

Last night's work out was awesome. We did Kenpo x and I brought it. That one is my favorite. Love love love pretending I'm kicking and punching somebody! :devil:

Sunday night we went over to a friends house and played pool v-ball for at least 2 1/2 hours straight. So.much.fun. But Kenpo was a bit more challenging because I was so sore.
    Today is rest day so we'll be at the pool again doing some cardio of some type, I'm sure.

Have a great day!

Bob- GREAT results you have there! That's amazing!!!!

This is my favorite too! I felt like I could BRING IT for another hour I loved it so much!! I want to do it every day now and especially in place of the yoga (sorry reepobob)!!! I like Yoga ok but this one is soooo long and boring to me. I'm sure when I'm in better shape I will appreciate it more.