Mark your calendar...June 6th starts another round of P90X C

Options

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I just booked my hotel room in Verona Italy. The adult part of me is freaking out a bit as I've not been out of the country except to Canada and I have to get a cab to the hotel and will also be going to Brugge and maybe Paris by myself for parts of the trip. And the 15 year old girl in me is jumping up and down FREAKING out in a good way because I get to go to Europe! Now I need to book the flights and figure out the rest of the itinerary. Flights are daunting. I am not looking forward to that 18 hour trip. Drink much? I will. Oh yes. Gin is my frind.
    So I have to keep pushing play and slim these hips down baby, because I need to be comfortable on the plane.

Since my program ends around August 20th or so, and I have until the 15th before I leave in September I'm wondering how I should go about extending P90X? Maybe just continue on with phase 3 for two weeks and hit up a recovery week before I leave?

annyshay - yes I totally stumble around in L&B. I have what would be considered maybe updated shag carpet and my feet skid on it when I come up from the lunges. The three directional ones kill me with this lol.

hockeyman - yeay for weight loss!!

For me its Kenpo tonight. I like it because its a no brain worker. I can just kick until TH tells me to stop.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Today I had cardio X and boy was I MOVING!!

Laceylala - ITALY that is AMAZING!!! I'd be jumping up and down freaking out... the 15 year old in me would totally win out!

Hockeyman - amazing job with your SV! Congrats!!

Bob - yeah I hate the one's where I have to count to... I ALWAYS lose count.

Annyshay - Yeah I usually stumble on the lunges too!
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    Hey guys! reading all ur posts make me even MORE anxious to start round 2 in just 3 days from now! I completed the classic version almost 2 wks ago and July 1st I start lean. This is the perfect support thread, THANKS BOB!!
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    Not lurking! I've been sick and taking a bit of a rest. :tongue:

Jumped back in with Legs & Back today even though I still sound nasty when I breathe. Lol. Rocked the negative pull ups, adding a few to every one. Not to mention I can hold myself up for longer. I really think they are helping me improve more than the chair assist ones, so thanks for sharing them!! I seem to be having a lot of balance trouble still with the L&B moves, especially alternating side lunges. It's super weird, but I stumble a ton. Anybody else get foot tied in this video?

So, I'm glad to be back at it, even if I am behind everyone. I start my internship on Friday, so I'm really hoping that I can keep X'ing it up with the soon to be insane schedule. I know I have this Saturday off... but then I'm not sure when I'll have a day off until August comes. Fun times as indentured servants. Good thing I've got so much motivation right here. Keep rocking, people.

Thumbs up! glad to hear
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just booked my hotel room in Verona Italy. The adult part of me is freaking out a bit as I've not been out of the country except to Canada and I have to get a cab to the hotel and will also be going to Brugge and maybe Paris by myself for parts of the trip. And the 15 year old girl in me is jumping up and down FREAKING out in a good way because I get to go to Europe! Now I need to book the flights and figure out the rest of the itinerary. Flights are daunting. I am not looking forward to that 18 hour trip. Drink much? I will. Oh yes. Gin is my frind.
    So I have to keep pushing play and slim these hips down baby, because I need to be comfortable on the plane.

Since my program ends around August 20th or so, and I have until the 15th before I leave in September I'm wondering how I should go about extending P90X? Maybe just continue on with phase 3 for two weeks and hit up a recovery week before I leave?

annyshay - yes I totally stumble around in L&B. I have what would be considered maybe updated shag carpet and my feet skid on it when I come up from the lunges. The three directional ones kill me with this lol.

hockeyman - yeay for weight loss!!

For me its Kenpo tonight. I like it because its a no brain worker. I can just kick until TH tells me to stop.

I would just mix it up keep with 6 days do a week from each pase to get in all the body parts or just start round 2! and do it all over agian :)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Gooood morning! Man I feel good today! I didn't get to bed till past 12 again (my fault) BUT I had good sleep, uninterrupted good sleep. :bigsmile: I did miss the little man though.

I was dead tired but around 3 yesterday, I drank me a huge mug of black coffee. It gave me the energy I needed so by 5:30 I was doing my Kenpo. So I'm happy to report, I didn't miss a day this week but I had to switch kenpo and my rest day.

Lacey- Wow, Italy!!! So exciting!

annyshay- love hearing of the improvements. that motivates me!

For the last 3 weeks, I've been losing a lb a week. I wish it were 2 but I'll take any loss. My weigh in days are on Wednesdays. I have 2 girlfriends who are trying to lose weight (not p90x) and we decided to be accountable to one another. It has helped SO much! I've never gotten this much anxiety before weigh ins lol. Guess I don't want to be embarrassed. :tongue: Anywho, so far, my weight loss has been 5lbs.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    My allergies are putting a damper on my P90X performance. I got through Kenpo last night but I was sluggish and couldn't breathe right. I got some sinus decongestant this morning and if that helps great. If not I am headed to the DR tomorrow morning. I do NOT want to have to stop because my respiratory system is slightly swollen from whatever is in the air. This happens to me at least once a year for a few weeks. Grr.

Tonight starts Week 6 (wow!) and the chest/back/triceps work out that is all sorts of crazy. I am looking forward to it if I can breathe. If not its going to be miserable.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! reading all ur posts make me even MORE anxious to start round 2 in just 3 days from now! I completed the classic version almost 2 wks ago and July 1st I start lean. This is the perfect support thread, THANKS BOB!!

Glad to have you back, my dear! I've seen your awesome, legendary burns! Looking forward to seeing them again...any way of convincing you to do another classic round? Doing Lean seems like a step back...
  • reepobob
    Options
    Allright, gang...working on a little experiment...did Core Synergistics tonight and wore 5 pound ankle weights and a 20# weighted vest (took half of the weight out). It is wierd doing Core Syn this way because if sweat were fat, I would look like a piece of beef jerky right now and my heart rate hovered in the upper level of my zone (168-174 BPM)....but my burn was only slightly higher than Sunday's burn (807 vs. 767). I don't know if a 5% burn increase is worth the hassle...I think I need to find the middle ground between added resistance and ability to move...and not take mini-set breaks. The weighted vest really tuckered me out and I needed to pause and some of the moves were finished short. I think the gains in exercise intensity are being robbed by the early crashing. I need to find a weight that allows for the best of both worlds...I may pull five more pounds out and go with 15# instead of 20#.

One thing you CANNOT do with a weighted vest is the Dreya Roll unless you want to screw up your back...I learned that pretty quick...advantages and disadvantages to using the vest...not sure it is good for Core Syn, truth be told. Ankle weights, however, REALLY add something to the workout...highly recommended. They really make the superman/banana rolls and steam engine hard (in a good way).

Anywho, something to keep in mind as you guys progress in the program...there are things that can be done to modify in the harder direction to continue to challenge yourself. I am learning as I go...

Have a good night all...wrap up recovery week tomorrow with a little (OK, a lot) of Yoga-X and then I am doing the 30 day measurements, weigh-in, and pics on Sunday after Plyo...(I like doing my 30, 60, 90 day dealio right on the day, if I can)
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options

Glad to have you back, my dear! I've seen your awesome, legendary burns! Looking forward to seeing them again...any way of convincing you to do another classic round? Doing Lean seems like a step back...

Really?? U dont think I should try lean? I wanted to focus more on losing fat instead of gaining bulk. I want to tone with a little definition. I'm just worried that my arms will get too muscular doing all the weight lifting in the classic. Hmmmm....now ur making me 2nd guess myself,,,:huh:
  • reepobob
    Options

Really?? U dont think I should try lean? I wanted to focus more on losing fat instead of gaining bulk. I want to tone with a little definition. I'm just worried that my arms will get too muscular doing all the weight lifting in the classic. Hmmmm....now ur making me 2nd guess myself,,,:huh:
    I think as long as you go with the 12-15 rule and lift to failure at that point, you will be fine...unless you injecting yourself with steroids, I don't think you will get the froggy look that women bodybuilders get. I think the cardio is more than adequate in Classic, especially when you consider that Plyo is such an *kitten*-kicking burn...you do what you want...all I know is I was a month into Lean and I really kicked myself for not doing classic way back in February...that was my experience...I feel I am getting way more out of my workout in classic.

Besides, if you want more fat burning cardio, throw in a doubles day here and there with Cardio-X, you always have that option...
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Day 17 - Shoulders and Arms + ARX is in the books. I got up earlier then usual today and took my time doing ARX, and paused so I can get all 25 reps of each move in. AND I DID IT!! 25 of each. Took me some additional time, but it was so worth it. Thanks for the suggestion Bob!

On the Lean Vs. Classic topic. Round 1 I did Classic, Round 2 I'm doing Lean. I'm enjoying Lean so far. I have to admit, I'm enjoying all the cardio, and only doing the strength videos 2 times a week. Though I will miss Plyo (I might have to swap it in for something just to get my Plyo fix). It's a nice change of pace. But that's just my two cents on the subject.

Have a great night everyone. Logging off early tonight.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i d lean the first time for the first 2 months then switched to classic. After the first 30 days I traded cardio X for plyo. I got bored I also threw in the Kempo plus when I got bored it is shorter 45 minutes but much more fast paced and I got an equal burn not as many breaks

don't worry about bulking up unless you are genetically prone! I worked out for 2 years with a power lifter personal tranier lifting very heavy weights and never bulked up but I was toned!

shoulder and arms yesterday kicked my butt, I was able to increase all my weight yay! need to go buy soem heavier ones, I am thinking of getting the boflex type that dials in the weight for quick change any one else use them?

Insanity today for cardio dreading it
  • reepobob
    Options
    i d lean the first time for the first 2 months then switched to classic. After the first 30 days I traded cardio X for plyo. I got bored I also threw in the Kempo plus when I got bored it is shorter 45 minutes but much more fast paced and I got an equal burn not as many breaks

don't worry about bulking up unless you are genetically prone! I worked out for 2 years with a power lifter personal tranier lifting very heavy weights and never bulked up but I was toned!

shoulder and arms yesterday kicked my butt, I was able to increase all my weight yay! need to go buy soem heavier ones, I am thinking of getting the boflex type that dials in the weight for quick change any one else use them?

Insanity today for cardio dreading it

I want those dial in weights SO BADDD!!! I have already sorta overcommitted as I have just about every weight from 3s to 35s and already have quite a bit invested in free weights...to answer you question, no, unfortunately...
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I ordered some new resistance bands from Amazon by ProSource. They got really good reviews and I got the Extreme ones since I'll be using for pullups. I hope they are not to hard for me! Looking forward to getting them since I'll be doing some traveling this summer.
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Day 18 is in the books. And it was a struggle to get up this morning. Though I'm glad I did. Kempo is done!!!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options

I have the cheaper Gold's Gym version from Walmart (only $50 for 5-25lbs, $100 for the pair). They look like they work a little differently - pull and slide pin, instead of a dial. Not sure how smoothly the actual bowflex ones work, but I have a hard time getting mine changed while the DVD is rolling. Also, my plates often clink together, so they can be noisy unless I'm very careful, which is probably why it takes me so long to change them. I like them, and they're good for most of the workouts when I can use the same size weight all the way through. The Bowflex ones go up to 50lbs, are coated to reduce noise, and have the dial, but I don't think I'd pay $400 for them. My cheap ones get the job done for me just the same.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    i Loooooove love love how utterly tired my upper body is after the chest/back/triceps work out. I slept like a freaking log last night, it was rad!

Tonight I am going to attempt yoga for the first time in a long time. I will just do it with my shoes on so my feet are protected and stable. At minimum I plan on the first 45 minutes. I haven't been in the mood for it, nor have I wanted my feet to hurt from it like they have been, but they've been pretty solid for weeks now, so I think I will be good to go.

Tomorrow we are going out after work, so it will be my off day. I plan on doing two work outs Saturday and at least two work outs one of the days Sunday or Monday too, with one the other day. I am bound and determined to catch up the schedule so I finish exactly on August 30th.

Also think I'm going to buy the hard resistance bands for the last phase. I've been using the medium ones this whole time and I feel like sometimes no matter how hard I put the hurt on them its not always enough resistance.
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, I know I've been MIA for the last little while. I sort of lost my motivation for about two weeks there, but I'm getting back on track now! I started phase 2 on Tuesday, and holy crap was chest, shoulders and triceps tough!!! I really enjoyed it though. I moved approximately one centimeter on my one armed pushups though. :p Yesterday was kind of a crazy day, and I didn't get a chance to do do plyo, I'm hoping to do it tonight. I already did back and biceps and ab ripper today, so hopefully I still have some energy left later on.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Sorry guys, I know I've been MIA for the last little while. I sort of lost my motivation for about two weeks there, but I'm getting back on track now! I started phase 2 on Tuesday, and holy crap was chest, shoulders and triceps tough!!! I really enjoyed it though. I moved approximately one centimeter on my one armed pushups though. :p Yesterday was kind of a crazy day, and I didn't get a chance to do do plyo, I'm hoping to do it tonight. I already did back and biceps and ab ripper today, so hopefully I still have some energy left later on.

That is about all I can do during those things too. I've done that program twice now and last night was the first time I heard TH say that it is more about holding the pose and form rather than trying to go all the way down if you can't. So even when they were doing the slloooooww push ups I went down half way and held it until he was done counting and went back up. I can totally feel it today just having done that much.

Glad to see you back!