Mark your calendar...June 6th starts another round of P90X C

Options

Replies

• Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear everyone else LOVES Kenpo!! Its my fav!!!
    On week 5 of Lean and had a bit of a NSV past few weeks....
    have gone from not being able to GET into starting positions to actually being able to do the exercise!!! Had a yoga NSV...Crane pose, been trying for years!!! finally did it.
    PLUS I havent quit (only missed 1 day) was able to keep working out through 12 hour night shifts and 12 hour day shifts....
    I am invincible!!!!! LOL
    So encouraging to read about others sucesses!!!!! Gives me the warm fuzzies!!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    OK, let's talk gains here...just done with all the weight work from phase one yesterday.
    So Chest and Back-
    Major gain in standard pushups(with bars) from 20 to 30!
    Modest gains in wide flys (16-22) and Diamonds (11 to 15)
    Upped my weight in heavy pants and lawnmowers from 25s to 40s with same reps.
    Only modest pull up gains(like one rep per)
    NEEDS IMPROVEMENT- Decline pushups, most pull-ups in this routine.

Shoulders and Arms
    Chair dips from 18 to 24! Side tri raise from 18 to 32 (total, not per side)
    Most of the weights were one dumbell up- 5-10 pounds.
    Not sure what I can do better, my arms and shoulders are fried at the end, and have shown most improvement.

Legs and Back-
    (This one's my favorite gain)- Reverse grip pull ups 5 unassisted, 9 total to 9 unassisted 14 total!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wide fronts 3 to 5, switch grips 4 to 8. close grips second time 3 to 7!
    I have added weights to all the lunges, some of them even 20's. I'm a much better wall sitter.
    NEED IMPROVEMENT- Grouch walk depth, 3 way lunge depth

Plyo-
    I struggle with the sprint squats. All of them. And the hot foot, though I have improved that. I rock the tires and heismans and rock stars and the hopping one.

Yoga-
    I am so much better at this one all together as my core is getting stronger. Still need a yoga block for alot of the reaches.

KenpoX-
    This one takes too much guff around here. I like it, and continue to push to get better, faster, stronger, sweatier.

I don't relish this rest week, but plan on getting a lot of cardio in. Mini-marathon training (as doubles to P90) starts July 3, and I need to redevelop some running base this week along with the recovery week core work.
    Wish me luck.

Awesome gains, my man...you are ahead of the curve on some things on me and I am ahead of the curve on others. It just goes to show we all have strengths and weaknesses. I am going to have to compare when I get back to my personal laptop in the hotel tonight...
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Ok back from vacation yesterday starting round 2 in 20 minutes! Back on the horse! Chest and back and Ab ripper today going to feel 2 weeks of margaritas I am sure :)
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Had a few "off plan" meals this weekend and did not feel well enough to finish Kenpo yesterday which I totally love. I was faint and dizzy and everything else so I just stopped. But this morning I started my recovery week and brought it with Cardio X. Yes, I subbed it for Yoga because I already have to get up at 4:30 just to get an hour in. Plus I don't like the yoga very much yet. But I did the yoga part during Cardio X (well most of it) without FF through it. lol. I think I will miss the weight training this week but looking forward to trying some new workouts and getting lots of cardio in.

I don't see a lot of changes in how I look yet but the exercises are getting easier and I feel so much better!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope everybody had a wonderful weekend.

Yesterday was legs and back. Fun stuff! Today is KENPO! Yeah!

So I took day 30 pictures and I don't see any difference. Maybe my back fat is a bit less haha but that's about all the difference I saw. I did, however, lose a few inches here and there. I have been grinning ever since.
    My hub on the other hand, progress in the pictures was more obvious. It's amazing. His side picture looks awesome!!!! And he lost fewer inches than me! :tongue: So goes to show just how different we each are.

amfaery- Good luck on your 2nd round!

melinda- i don't see much difference either but my jeans are fitting me good again (they were starting to get a bit tight, oops, after gaining 5lbs during my little hiatus before p90x)!

frankenbarbie- since the scale hasn't moved too much, my motivation comes from all the improvements i see from my push ups to my yoga. I'm jealous you can do the crane!!! i can't seem to even wrap my mind around it. You are invincible! (12 hour shifts- jeez)

Mak- i've had my nephew over and it's tough getting my work outs in. we do everything possible to do it while he's napping but it's hard! so my workouts have been paused, pushed and extended!

Bob- You're insane! All that extra weight, awesome! I can barely keep up with my own weight! ha

Hockey- Those are all awesome improvements. I get so proud when I see my numbers go up.

I have a question. Do I have to do pull ups?? Up to this point, I've used my bands. I tried to just hang on the bar over the weekend and nada. Plus, I really like working with the bands. I don't have any desire to do a pull up or chin up. Can I just stick with what i have and keep using more resistance?
  • reepobob
    Options
    I have a question. Do I have to do pull ups?? Up to this point, I've used my bands. I tried to just hang on the bar over the weekend and nada. Plus, I really like working with the bands. I don't have any desire to do a pull up or chin up. Can I just stick with what i have and keep using more resistance?

My advice is the same I give for every move. Try to do the move in the hardest position/method first before settling for a modified move. If you can't do an unassisted pullup, grab a chair and use the chair as leverage...further out it is the harder it is. If you don't have a chair as a viable option, use the bands, but get those puppies as tight as you can pull safely. You are trying to simulate you pulling up your own body weight and you simply aren't going to get the full effect with bands.

One thing I can guarantee, the first time you do a pullup unassisted, you will never go back to bands as a #1 method. I let out a primal scream when I did my first one...I am dead effing serious. My wife thought I dropped a dumbell on my foot.
  • reepobob
    Options
    Hey all my P90X partners! Late posting...I did Core Synergistics yesterday morning as my second day of recovery week (LOVE Core Syn!!). and I used 5# ankle weights on each leg. It makes banana rolls, superman-banana, and bow to boat pretty fricking hard! It made steam engine hard, but bearable, and it actually made it so that I did the best Dreya Rolls of my life (I think it was the weeble wobble effect). I got about 80 more calories burned on the HRM, so I will take it.

Core Syn was a staple of Lean and only rears its head in Recovery on Classic, so I will be relishing the second go of this workout in a couple of days.

One bonus on this workout...I did an honest to God Chatarunga Run for two of the three cycles (I was low like a crab, my brothers and sisters! Can I get a hallelujah!!) This move, for those that know me from Round 1, is my kryptonite...I am getting there on conquering that MOFO for real.

Looking forward to next week...bought a medicine ball for the Mason Twists on Ab Ripper...I am one demented dude...
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    One thing I can guarantee, the first time you do a pullup unassisted, you will never go back to bands as a #1 method. I let out a primal scream when I did my first one...I am dead effing serious. My wife thought I dropped a dumbell on my foot.

Haha!!!!

And you're nuts for adding all this extra weight! You are serious about this P90x thing!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Bob - WTEFFIN'GO on the chatarunga runs dude!! You rock!! That was the specific move in Core S that I flipped Tony off and cussed at him lol.

Did measurements yesterday and took pics for the 30 day mark. Can't really see too much diff in the pics except on my upper back..however, I lost an inch off my chest and waist and half an inch off each hip. nothing on my arms, but it is what it is. I've not lost any weight yet. I am slowly dropping how much i eat each week. I spent the first four months of this year not eating enough to lose weight at 1700 cals and I don't want to get in that boat again.
    At any rate - yeay for inches lost!
  • reepobob
    Options
    Bob - WTEFFIN'GO on the chatarunga runs dude!! You rock!! That was the specific move in Core S that I flipped Tony off and cussed at him lol.

Did measurements yesterday and took pics for the 30 day mark. Can't really see too much diff in the pics except on my upper back..however, I lost an inch off my chest and waist and half an inch off each hip. nothing on my arms, but it is what it is. I've not lost any weight yet. I am slowly dropping how much i eat each week. I spent the first four months of this year not eating enough to lose weight at 1700 cals and I don't want to get in that boat again.
    At any rate - yeay for inches lost!

Thanks on the Chat Runs! I tell you what, I really didn't see real noticeable results until Phase 3. It is simple...results come from continuing to push play, doing your absolute best, and eating properly. Simple effing hard work and persistence...OLD SCHOOL...LOL.although I am seeing good results early in this round, mostly because I had gotten a good chunk of the fat burned off in the first round...methinks...keep bringing it, girl!
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    Core Syn. for the first time in the morning. I have done this one before, but it has been 2+ yrs. I seem to remember it not being simple. I have that and haul tree limbs from backyard to curb out front as my slated exercise tomorrow.

Yoga was a treat this morning. My legs are still burning. I suppose I have also run 5 miles the last two days, that's a new demand I am putting on those leggies.

Enjoy your Tuesday workouts everyone.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Today was start if week three (since I'm behind a week). Core syn! Did all the steam engines, 11 Drea rolls, kept up with the rapid fire superman banana move, did a couple extra push ups not on my knees, and part of the chatarunga portions of plank to chatarunga. Pretty dang proud of me! Still working on getting the pull up bar gotta talk the husband into it.

HOLLA!!!! Way to go Bob on getting the chatarunga run!!! That's amazing!!

Keep up all the hard work everyone! It's amazing (and very motivational) to read about all of the improvements everyone is seeing!

Next week rest week and I just realized I never took day 1 pictures so I'll have to use day 90 pics from last round.

Time for bed so I can get up and push play!
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    One bonus on this workout...I did an honest to God Chatarunga Run for two of the three cycles (I was low like a crab, my brothers and sisters! Can I get a hallelujah!!) This move, for those that know me from Round 1, is my kryptonite...I am getting there on conquering that MOFO for real.

that is awsome I cannot do those at all still and pull ups suck I have troub;e with the chair! my chair keeps sliding need to find a way to make it work.

I am so sore for my first time back in 2 weeks chest and back! second round day 2 today going for insanity max interval plyo! I am hybriding this time to up my cardio
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Hello kids!

I'm sad to report I missed my kenpo yesterday. :brokenheart: I feel horrible about it too! Babies get in the way of everything! My hub had his softball game and the plan was to do it after the game when he'd nap but he never did. By the time he finally fell asleep it was past 11pm. I was too sleepy and finally hit the sack around midnight.
    Then my sister traveled last night to pick him up. They arrived at my house at 3am. :noway: Of course I was wide awake talking to her and her hub about the vacation etc. I went back to bed close to 4:30am. Needless to say, I'm dog tired today. Today is rest/stretch day and all I can think about right now is going home to my comfy bed but hopefully I'll wake up soon, find energy somehow and do my beloved Kenpo.

That's my sad story of the day.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    It had been about three weeks since I did legs/back last night. That thing kicked. my. *kitten*. Wow. I couldn't do all the moves this time! Part of it is congestion from allergies, not being able to fully breathe...but yeah. WOW. My legs are comfortably tired today.

Kenpo tonight! YEay! My body needs some good swinging and kicking right now.

NSV: the secretary said she could see that I am slimming down. So totally what I needed to hear! WoohoO!
  • hockeyman28
    Options
    newaustinite, don't let it become a habit.

In other news...I am beginning to learn if Bob likes a workout, it is because it is difficult. First core syn. and it was a great workout, and it hurt. I think I did pretty good, but who knows. I didnt realize I needed weights, so alot of the exercises I did without weights, i did have my bands handy though.
  • hockeyman28
    Options
    Also,

A scale victory today! Down 2 lbs. Nice little surprise there.

A Non-Scale Defeat today though: I dropped some change into my lap at my desk. Even though I am 6-2 and 217lbs.(so not mammoth by any means) I had to pull my gut back to see if it settled between my gut and belt :cry: :ohwell:

So I got work to do! Kenpo tomorrow, watch out air right in front of and beside me.

Last thing, I'm seeing a lot of people who were here on the first couple of pages who have faded out. You guys still lurking? Still working?
  • annyshay
    annyshay Posts: 42
    Options
    Not lurking! I've been sick and taking a bit of a rest. :tongue:

Jumped back in with Legs & Back today even though I still sound nasty when I breathe. Lol. Rocked the negative pull ups, adding a few to every one. Not to mention I can hold myself up for longer. I really think they are helping me improve more than the chair assist ones, so thanks for sharing them!! I seem to be having a lot of balance trouble still with the L&B moves, especially alternating side lunges. It's super weird, but I stumble a ton. Anybody else get foot tied in this video?

So, I'm glad to be back at it, even if I am behind everyone. I start my internship on Friday, so I'm really hoping that I can keep X'ing it up with the soon to be insane schedule. I know I have this Saturday off... but then I'm not sure when I'll have a day off until August comes. Fun times as indentured servants. Good thing I've got so much motivation right here. Keep rocking, people.
  • reepobob
    Options
    newaustinite, don't let it become a habit.

In other news...I am beginning to learn if Bob likes a workout, it is because it is difficult. First core syn. and it was a great workout, and it hurt. I think I did pretty good, but who knows. I didnt realize I needed weights, so alot of the exercises I did without weights, i did have my bands handy though.

That's funny...I like 'em all to one extent or another...I am less of a fan of workouts where I have to count reps...I guess that's why I love Kenpo, Plyo, Yoga, and Core Syn so much...just get in there and do it and not think too much.
  • reepobob
    Options
    Posting this a little late, but I did weighted Kenpo yesterday (used 5# ankle weights and 3# dumbells for the arms) and kept them during the entire workout (even the "breaks")...I pulled a "plyo sweat" and had the HRM peaking in the Plyo territory (especially toward the end), but my burn on the HRM wasn't all that impressive (703)...it was weird...I was expecting to see a burn in the 800s based on how I was in a "flop sweat (makes me happy)" and I definitely feel it today...Did the X-Stretch about and hour ago and got the kinks out and am now lamenting my inability to eat much of anything the entirety of the evening due to very few workout calories...

I hope to rectify that tomorrow when I do Core Synergistics...debating a weighted vest for Core Syn...too much? I was planning on adjusting it down from 40 to 20 or so and see how it goes. Definitely going with ankle weights as those really helped up the burn on this workout when I did it on Sunday. Looking to kill Chat Run once and for all!!!

Have a good evening folks...going out for a cigar break...