100 MILE CHALLENGE- CAN YOU DO IT?

Options

Replies

• SarahE12345
    SarahE12345 Posts: 55
    Options
    EVERYONE DOING THIS PLEASE FRIEND ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sweetCJ
    sweetCJ Posts: 144
    Options
    This could be fun! I'll join!
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Piece of cake.... lets do 200.
  • sweetCJ
    sweetCJ Posts: 144
    Options
    This sounds doable to me :) Not sure how to work out my cycling as my exercise bike is in kilometres but I am sure I will suss that out :)

I just did the calculation from Miles to KM....it's 160 km for us.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I'm in and I should be able to do it in 16 days (running/walking 3 days a week and biking 2 days at work with 10K a day : ) )
  • QueenRox
    QueenRox Posts: 8
    Options
    Hell yeah! I'm in. Lehgoo! :))
  • SarahE12345
    Options
    22 challengers as of right now!!! Lets get more people involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I know this probably won't count, but I figured I'd ask.

What about miles ridden on a horse? I'm not talking leisurely jaunt down the trail, but a working trot posting the whole time? I could always take the mileage I go on my horse and cut it in half, or a quarter?

Do pedometers work on ellipticals? I'm always on one of those things.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • SarahE12345
    Options
    I know this probably won't count, but I figured I'd ask.

What about miles ridden on a horse? I'm not talking leisurely jaunt down the trail, but a working trot posting the whole time? I could always take the mileage I go on my horse and cut it in half, or a quarter?

Do pedometers work on ellipticals? I'm always on one of those things.
  • SarahE12345
    Options
    WOOPPPPPS FAILED ON THAT... TO the person I "quoted", I ment to also reply. If you feel you are getting a workout from it then you can figure out how you want to count it. You have to be honest with yourself. The puropse of this challenge is to push yourself anf accomplish a mini goal! Just let me know at the end of each day how many miles you went!
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    WOOPPPPPS FAILED ON THAT... TO the person I "quoted", I ment to also reply. If you feel you are getting a workout from it then you can figure out how you want to count it. You have to be honest with yourself. The puropse of this challenge is to push yourself anf accomplish a mini goal! Just let me know at the end of each day how many miles you went!

I am not going to count it, however I am going to get off my horse and jog my happy butt down the trail for a mile each ride. I have a GPS, so that should work. :happy:

And then try to figure out how far it is on the elliptical.
  • parkgirl1
    parkgirl1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    can i join in too. I will be walking might do a bit of jogging but yes walking. Have a good pedometer on my phone and a good route thats just over 10 miles along the river Thames so lets do it :) owww and pls anyone doing this pls feel free to add me xxxx
  • healthyfitmama
    Options
    I accept the challenge! Ready to start back on running and walking again!
  • rlynch24
    rlynch24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    This is very do-able. Because well and I'm not bragging here. I've done it for the last 4 months.

Mind you I started out at 430 in January, (so I'm not some little 125 pound dude built from rubber.) The first month 3/4 of my miles were on the bike and 1/4 were on the treadmill.

Today I weigh 365-370 and walk 5-8 miles a day/ 6 days a week on the treadmill and I still use the bike several times a week and I swim to cool down after I workout. I'm sitting at 119 miles on the treadmill for the month and 76 on the bike. ( I got distracted the first week of May with all the Bin Laden drama or I'd have more miles) and my treadmill goal is 175 with a stretch goal of 200.

Break it down 100 Miles

4 miles a day for 25 days and 5 days off gets you there. 2 miles in the morning and 2 in the evening.

5 miles a day for 20 days with 10 days off, its really not that much different.

I know y'all can do this because if a big Palooka like me can do this every day then you can too!

Hell yes I'm in !
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm totally in, sounds like good motivation!
  • courtneycuth
    Options
    Sounds like a good challenge to me! I'm in. :)
  • Lavmann
    Lavmann Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!!
  • SarahE12345
    Options
    Dear Smittyinthesun,

Congrats on the determination!!! That is an incredible workout!!!!!

Are you taking the challenge?