What do your meals look like? (Let me see pics)

Replies

• timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    bump
  • What is the recipe for the chicken and pea patties
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    everything looks great! bump!!
  • aud82
    aud82 Posts: 30 Member
    I am in no way trying to be disrespectful or ignorant... but I looked through this entire feed and only saw a couple things I would eat. Am I that picky? Perhaps it's b/c the foods I've been raised on weren't the healthiest and that pattern has lead me to where I am now.... hmmm.. :-/ Disappointing. Thanks for the awesome topic though and all the pics and ideas ~ it was enlightening! :)
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    What is the recipe for the chicken and pea patties

I used 2 large jacket potatoes, boiled and mashed, with a cup-ish of shredded chicken from last nights roast, a cup-ish of peas, some salt, papper, cayenne pepper and tumeric. Mix all together, shape into patties and I put them on baking paper on a tray and cooked until they were browning

You could fry them for a crispier texture as they were not crisp on the bottom but I wanted to avoid that because of the oil. You might need to add flour and an egg to the mix to help bind them if you did them this way to help them stick together.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    bump
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    I am in no way trying to be disrespectful or ignorant... but I looked through this entire feed and only saw a couple things I would eat. Am I that picky? Perhaps it's b/c the foods I've been raised on weren't the healthiest and that pattern has lead me to where I am now.... hmmm.. :-/ Disappointing. Thanks for the awesome topic though and all the pics and ideas ~ it was enlightening! :)

Most of my stuff doesn't look nice but is always tasty as and nutritious :)

My breaky. 2 eggs, 2 whites, ham, spinach, moroccan seasoning and portuguese chicken seasoning.

photoupr.jpg
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member

I don't think it's disrespectful at all. That is one of the points of this thread. To show some alternatives to people. Being able to see something that looks interesting to you and give you one more option. Honestly, not everything here looks appealing to me. But a lot of it does and I will be stealing those ideas and using them to put a little variety in my meals. Everybody has their own likes and dislikes and their own level of risk taking in trying something new.

Keep checking back and you may find something you like. In fact, tell us the kinds of foods you like and some of us may have suggestions on how to make a lighter version of it. Of course, some foods just need to be avoided (like bacon cheeseburgers) but maybe we can offer some suggestions.
  • His_Kid
    His_Kid Posts: 44
    2011-06-06213414.jpg

OK, so it isn't plated all that nicely, but I left it open so you can see what's in it. I had to eat some off the top to close the wrap. You could make it even fewer calories with a lower cal tortilla (mine was 110).

244 calories, 34 g carbs, 5 g fat, 21 g protein, 9 g fiber
  • Maya1979
    Maya1979 Posts: 37
    I'm not big on raw veggies but this salad is an exception.

20q10dd.png
  • These are awesome, have homework and I am being very distracted, so I better look through this later!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    photo-22.jpg

Greek Salad 212 calories for a huge plate (1 tbsp dressing only)

Earthbound Farms Organic - Spring Mix Salad, 3 oz. 15 1 3 0 0 65
    Nature's Place - Organic Baby Spinach Raw Net Carbs, 1 cups(85g) 10 2 1 0 0 35
    Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 0.5 medium 12 1 2 0 1 2
    Tomatoes - Roma Tomato, Medium, Raw, 1 tomato 35 1 7 1 6 5
    Girard's Salad Dressings - Greek Feta Dressing, 1 tbsp 50 0 1 6 1 150
    Mezzetta - Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives, 5 olives 50 0 1 5 0 300
    Lucerne - Feta Cheese, Crumbled, 1/8 cup (28g) 40 3 0 3 0 160
    Add Food Quick Tools 212 8 15 15 8 717
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    IMG_7815.jpg

I have a weight loss blog and have been taking photos of my meals for a few years now.
    These are some past photos and I don't have the nutritional info for them.

The last photo is of homemade lentil stew over quinoa.
    I no longer eat quinoa or lentils but this meal sure was tasty at the time!

-Why no more quinoa or lentils?

[/quote]

I'd love the recipe! Quinoa and lentils are my fav!
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146

Most of my stuff doesn't look nice but is always tasty as and nutritious :)

My breaky. 2 eggs, 2 whites, ham, spinach, moroccan seasoning and portuguese chicken seasoning.

photoupr.jpg

I beg to differ...this looks tasty to Moi! Is it spicy?
  • Happyoceangirl
    photo-23.jpg

Strawberry / banana "ice cream", 184 calories.

So it's not the prettiest... but it did taste good. It's actually higher in calories than a half cup of ice cream in my freezer. :ohwell: First time I made it was today. A medium banana in the food processor, with a few oz of orange juice, 3 strawberries and a splash of vanilla. Pulse, and voila. I think it could've used a bit of sweetener though... splenda, maybe? And to reduce calories I'll try almond milk next time.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Mung bean, spinach and tomato spanish omelette, with lettuce and cucumber with a dash of balsamic vinegar and a bit of grated low fat cheddar. 295 for the plate. Delicious.

100_1219-1.jpg?t=1307361692

I'd love to try the spanish omelette... recipe / instructions? It looks SO GOOD!
  • justimogen
    justimogen Posts: 76
    Dinner-20110606-640x480.jpg

My Dinner - Open-Faced Crispy Tilapia Tacos with Cucumber Salad in Creamy Dressing

249 Calories
    21g Carbs
    12g Fat
    20g Protein
    5g Sugar
    2g Fiber
  • RECNCRU3
    RECNCRU3 Posts: 11 Member
    bump
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member

I beg to differ...this looks tasty to Moi! Is it spicy?

My perception of spicy is probably different to most as I am a chilli a holic but no I don't think it was overly spicy. Just flavoursome.
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Bump! Love this thread!!