What do your meals look like? (Let me see pics)

Options

Replies

• katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    IMG_8939.jpg

Having just learned of "meatza" I decided to try some for dinner tonight.
    I didn't have all the ingredients on hand so I winged it.

197 g lean ground beef, mushrooms, no salt added stewed tomatoes, s & p, garam masala, garlic powder with a cheese string melted on top (hey, I winged it! lol) -- 520 calories, 8 g carb, 34 g fat, 48 g protein -- not including the asparagus and butter

Thanks for the idea, crisanderson! It's delish!

eta: I just saw the thread where this is introduced. I guess I made mine more like casserole. :blushing:
    I'll follow the rules next time. :happy:
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    401Calorie1.jpg

187Calories.jpg
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What a fun thread! I like that fresh veggies and fruits look so appetizing. We should all try to eat our rainbow everyday. :)
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    bump
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...I didn't come up with Meatza though lol. I just tried it for the first time last night =p. I saw the pictures on Mark's Daily Apple...then was reminded by the thread here on the board, so I decided to try it.

Pretty good stuff.

I used an 11"x17" pan, but next time I think I'm going to use a slightly larger one to thin the meat out. 2lbs of hamburger made 8 servings about 4" square or so...and 1/2"-3/4" thick...LESS the toppings. I'd like to get the meat closer to 1/4"-3/8" thick, in order to keep it from overpowering the flavor of the toppings. That way also, I could maybe eat two servings rather than literally FILLING up on 1 and a half lol.

On the chicken/salad...it IS good! For seasoning I use a tiny bit of McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning, along with the original and table versions of Mrs. Dash seasoning. Grill it on the George Foreman, toss my salad with half a teaspoon of Grey Poupon, then add cheese and ranch.

SERIOUSLY good =p.

By the way, the plates come from Wal Mart lol. They have a couple different similar patterns I think.

Cris
  • sctracy
    sctracy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Such a great idea! This is 3 oz of grilled chicken breast (97 calories) over:

1 bag baby spinach, 1 package baby bella mushrooms, 1 can Rienzi cherry tomatoes (or use fresh), 1 dried habanero pepper (if you like it hot!), sauteed with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and garlic.

The Spinach/Mushroom/Tomatoes is 59 calories for 1/4 of the whole thing!

So, you could have two of what's in this photo for 312 calories. And it's delicious!

IMG_9764-1.jpg
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    IMG_7815.jpg

I have a weight loss blog and have been taking photos of my meals for a few years now.
    These are some past photos and I don't have the nutritional info for them.

The last photo is of homemade lentil stew over quinoa.
    I no longer eat quinoa or lentils but this meal sure was tasty at the time!
    [/quote]

-Why no more quinoa or lentils?
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I would like to read this later!
  • katschi
    Options
    -Why no more quinoa or lentils?

Grains, seeds and legumes cause me to experience too much intestinal distress.
    I also don't do well with starchy carbs ... they lead to binges for me.
  • katschi
    Options
    Such a great idea! This is 3 oz of grilled chicken breast (97 calories) over:

1 bag baby spinach, 1 package baby bella mushrooms, 1 can Rienzi cherry tomatoes (or use fresh), 1 dried habanero pepper (if you like it hot!), sauteed with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and garlic.

The Spinach/Mushroom/Tomatoes is 59 calories for 1/4 of the whole thing!

So, you could have two of what's in this photo for 312 calories. And it's delicious!

IMG_9764-1.jpg

I would definitely make this meal. It looks and sounds delicious. I might add some balsamic vinegar while sautéing.
  • cmaurer4
    cmaurer4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea!! Will add some later...
  • His_Kid
    His_Kid Posts: 44
    Options
    Will def. post some of mine soon
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Lamb & Lentil Curry on Pumpkin Mash - 572 calories - makes one HUGE plate full, or halve and eat as two smaller meals....

5802684571_e06e869dac.jpg
    Lamb & Lentil Curry by .donelle, on Flickr

5803240732_f0068789ff.jpg
    Lamb and Lentil Curry by .donelle, on Flickr
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    Mung bean, spinach and tomato spanish omelette, with lettuce and cucumber with a dash of balsamic vinegar and a bit of grated low fat cheddar. 295 for the plate. Delicious.

100_1219-1.jpg?t=1307361692
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    <drooling> These all look fantastic!
  • shellshell43
    shellshell43 Posts: 116
    Options
    Wow, so yummy and so pretty too>:love:
  • Pearcecat
    Pearcecat Posts: 68
    Options
    This is the best thread I have ever looked at!!. Well done to everyone who's taken the time to post their photo here. You have really inspired me and I am going to make a lot of the meals listed here this week. Keep the photos coming!!
  • His_Kid
    His_Kid Posts: 44
    Options
    163 calories, 35 carb, 2 g fat, 3 g protein, 3 g fiber

House smells AMAZING!

2011-06-06104219.jpg