What do your meals look like? (Let me see pics)

Options

Replies

• skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea.
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Wow! You made all of that?! I couldn't come up with something half as tasty! Recipes?

See, this raises a good point. While, yes, I am comfortable in my kitchen (probably why I found the need for MFP), these meals aren't complicated nor do they require top notch cooking skills. These are pretty much 15 minute throw together meals that only require basic skills.

I guess what I am learning is that if I am aware of what I am trying to do (low fat, low cal, fresh ingredients, etc.), I can manage to make tasty attractive stuff that will keep me from feeling like I am depriving myself and on a ...DIET...(loud thunder echoes in the background). That is a challenge that we all face every day here. And I think that all of us can look at the foods that are on our "good" list and figure out how we can make them interesting for ourselves. For me, that helps keep me away from my "bad" list.

I am enjoying seeing what others are posting and I hope we get some more additions soon. The key here is that by making healthy alternatives just as tasty and just as available, the temptation to go down the dark road isn't as strong. I really enjoy eating and I hope to be able to keep enjoying eating and at the same time stay within my dietary guidelines. Which for me is about 1200-1300 calories a day, with low fat, low sodium and low cholesterol. So far, so good. Hopefully I will see some really neat ideas here that I will want to "borrow" and at the same time maybe lend a few good ideas to others.

But for those of you that have messaged me, no I really can't teach people to cook over the internet! Sorry. But you can come to dinner if you find your way to Richmond, Virginia! :drinker:
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    nom nom nom and bump
  • bethy73
    bethy73 Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks. Sounds easy enough. :happy:

~Beth
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Bumping this to look at later =D.

And contribute!
  • bethy73
    bethy73 Posts: 39
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to try this. This is a meal I made the other night. It was 505 calories total. I made broiled chicken breast that had been marinated in sun dried tomato vinaigrette [very good!!] and served it with mashed potatoes [loaded baked] and steamed mixed vegetables.

food.jpg

Generic chicken breast, roasted, broiled or baked ~ skinless, boneless, 5 oz. ~ 230 cal. , 0 carbs, 5 fat, 35 protein
    Kraft Salad Dressing & Marinade ~ Sun dried tomato vinaigrette, 1 tbsp. ~ 30 cal., 2 carbs, 3 fat, 0 protein
    Great Value In-the-Bag Steamable Vegetables, Mixed Garden Medley, 1 c. ~ 80 cal, 15 carbs, 1 fat, 3 protein
    Idohoan Loaded Baked Mashed Potatoes, 1 c. prepared ~ 165 cal, 30 carbs, 4 fat, 3 protein

[Hopefully I did this right!! :wink: ]

~Beth
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    784994_8540.jpg

Hannaford - Tilapia - Fresh, 100 g 96 0 2 20 0 52
    Roland - Panko Bread Crumbs, 1/12 cup 18 4 0 1 0 11
    Great Value - 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese, 1 Tbsp (5 g) 20 0 2 2 0 85
    Oil - Olive, 1 tablespoon 119 0 14 0 0 0
    Broccoli - Raw, 130 g 44 9 0 4 3 43
    Add Food Quick Tools 297 13 18 27 3 191

(order of macros is: cal, carb, fat, protein, fiber, sodium)

mix parmesan and panko in a small flat bowl, wet tilapia fillet, roll in panko/cheese mixture...pack it all on there and get it to stick, you want it all, it's yummy... brown in olive oil, both sides..tossed the broccoli in the micro for a minute with a tbsp of water in the dish to "steam" it.

Simple yet it was SOOOO delicious.
  • myanko
    myanko Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    All these meal postings look completely delicious! I love seeing them:)
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    They all look very tasty.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Awesome post !!! Now I'm hungry, I have some pics that I post a bit later !

bump :happy:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    P1080129-1.jpg

Salad with pecans, feta cheese, hard boiled egg, etc. 445 cals with dressing

Earthbound Farms Organic - Spring Mix Salad, 3 oz. 15 1 3 0 0 65
    Earthbound Farms - Organic Baby Spinach Leaves, 3 oz 20 2 3 0 0 65
    Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 0.5 medium 12 1 2 0 1 2
    Hard-Boiled Egg - Usda Nutrition Info, 1 large egg (50g) 78 6 0 5 0 62
    Generic - Pecan Halves, Raw, Unsalted, 1/4 cup 210 3 4 22 1 0
    Lucerne - Feta Cheese, Crumbled, 1/8 cup (28g) 40 3 0 3 0 160
    Newman's Own - Lighten Up Raspberry & Walnut Dressing, 2 tbsp 70 0 7 5 5 120
    Add Food Quick Tools 445 total cals
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    chrisdavey... the cottage cheese with protein powder and chocolate... in the freezer? I think I'm going to have to take your word for it! :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    fridge works as well but I like it extra cold. It's like a protein pudding :)
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Saving this because the food looks so yummy! (and colourful!) although having fruit and hot food on one plate would freak me out.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    IMG_0955.jpg

Seared Ahi Salad! My favorite.

Black pepper and sesame coated ahi, seared rare on a bed of mixed greens, arugula, mini heirloom tomatoes, and grilled bell peppers. Delicious!
  • elemire
    elemire Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yum:smile:
  • eejieweejie
    eejieweejie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bumpity, bump, bump! Lots of yummy ideas!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    IMG_0955.jpg

Seared Ahi Salad! My favorite.

Black pepper and sesame coated ahi, seared rare on a bed of mixed greens, arugula, mini heirloom tomatoes, and grilled bell peppers. Delicious!
    I wish I could place an order. That is to die for :)
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    bump !
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. I thought it was weird to be taking pictures of my food, but sometimes I just couldn't help it. :)

I wish I could have gotten a better picture of this one. It was seriously a TON of berries.

642549_9739.jpg

Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, and Raspberries (170 cals)

And, now, to ruin all this good healthy looking food, here's my flat-out pizza!

image.jpg

1 Flat Out Light Italian Wrap (90 cals)
    1/4 cup light mozzarella cheese (70 cals)
    1/4 cup pizza sauce (30 cals)
    10 Hormel turkey pepperonis (40 cals)

Bake in oven until cheese is melted or toast in toaster oven.

Total: 230 cals