What do your meals look like? (Let me see pics)

Options

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    This might just be the inspiration I need to eat better! :laugh: I cant be posting pictures of McDonald's on here, now can i?
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    These look really good I'm going to have to try some. Thanks for posting!
  • bethy73
    bethy73 Posts: 39
    Options
    How do we post pics? I took one the other night to show off to my Facebook friends. It was a little more than 300 calories [it was actually 505 calories], but it sure tasted good, and it looked great!! Many people were surprised that it was only 505 calories!! Plus I had a few people say to me, "You can cook???" Hey, I'm a darn good cook! =o)
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    All of this food looks amazing! And so healthy. I'll have to try some of these sometime soon.
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    Great Idea.
    Will definately have to try this.
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    Great Idea.
    Will definately have to try this.
  • HarperVT
    HarperVT Posts: 5
    Options
    Great Idea! Bump
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    awesome pics and recipes...very yummy
  • windybaer
    windybaer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I loaded one photo in my profile of a plated dinner (Sockeye Salmon with Asparagus, mushrooms, roasted potatoes and onions). I don't see how you can submit the photos along with the description but I'd be interested in learning. I took a whole series of photos while my wife prepared the salmon but only posted the one. I like what you did much better, besides which I don't look like a salmon at all. I'm requesting you become a friend. windybaer
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    photo-17.jpg

A twist on old fashioned meat and potatoes :) Look closely... that's mashed cauliflower! :)

Pot roast with carrots, celery, onion (approximately 4 oz) 369 cals
    "Fauxtatoes" (steamed, mashed cauliflower with butter, cream cheese, steamed garlic cloves, garlic powder, salt, pepper) 189 cals
    1/4 cup Kabocha squash, 8 cals

Obviously the calories in the "fauxtatoes" can be lower if you leave out the cream cheese, and butter. I've heard people make it with laughing cow garlic and herb wedges. Nom.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    OK...this is where you see how odd I am that I would take the trouble do this. Actually, I was going to do it as a record for myself anyway. I just added a few steps to post the pics online. I just may want to refer back someday and have this info, so it's not really a waste of my time. :) Actually, I work odd hours, so I am often up when the rest of the house is asleep. Doing oddball stuff at the computer is better than watching TV at two in the morning!

Actually, it's quick once you get it down. It just SEEMS complicated, but it only takes a couple minutes.

Open two tabs in your browser. One MFP and one photobucket or whatever.

Open a word doc. Insert the pic.

Swap windows to your MFP screen and copy the nutritional info.

Paste that into the word doc.

Now convert that to a jpg. Here's what I do, but there are other ways.

I export as a pdf. You can do multiple pages if you are doing more than one meal.

The pdf will probably open automatically. When it does, save it as a jpg. It will make one file for each page.

Upload those jpg's to photobucket just like you would to post any other pic to MFP (there are threads on that).

Copy the IMG code and paste in a post on MFP. Change the letters IMG to img at both the beginning and end of the line.

Viola! Done deal. :)

Now that I have made it seem overly complicated, someone will probably tell me that I could have eliminated a few of those steps. This is OK with me, though, because I really wanted a word doc of these things. And, c'mon, I am 50 years old. If I can do this stuff, I KNOW some of the younger folks here will be able to tell us how to do it in one or two steps!

And really, lets be realistic. Just a photo with a sentence or two that includes calorie counts would be cool. As long as the rest of us can figure out the basic ingredients, we're good to go.

Wow. All I would have done is taken the screen shot, pasted into an image program (MS Paint works) and saved the file, and uploaded on the net! :laugh:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    For those asking how to post pics, you have to first upload them to a Photo hosting site like photobucket, snapfish or flickr.then from the photo hosting site copy the img code and paste it in the MFP thread.'last step, change the capital IMG in the starting and ending brackets to lowercase. The pic should be visible when you submit your post.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    http://milileitner.blogspot.com/

The most recent one is tortilla pizzas.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Makes everything I make look very boring!
  • Joy78
    Joy78 Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow! You made all of that?! I couldn't come up with something half as tasty! Recipes?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    eggplant cooked with a bit of coconut oil in pan
    300g mixed frozen veggies
    2eggs, 2 egg whites, bit of skim milk
    200g tuna in oil (drained)
    peri peri, moroccan seasoning, mixed herbs.

WIN :)

dinner.jpg

edit: I should have taken a photo at horizontal level. That is a serious pile of food right there :P
    This isn't exactly low cal. 638cals with 60g protein. Would be a lot lower if you use tuna in brine but I prefer the oil one.

And here is my regular prebed snack :P 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 30g casein whey (choc/vanilla) and some skim milk. Mix it all up and chuck in freezer for 20 mins or so.

moussek.jpg
    300 cals with 47g of protein.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Here are some meals that I normally eat, with pictures on my blog: http://peanut-butter-lover.blogspot.com/
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Wow. All I would have done is taken the screen shot, pasted into an image program (MS Paint works) and saved the file, and uploaded on the net! :laugh:

I always take the most complicated route! :smile: I will always seem to try to diagnose BEFORE I check if something is actually plugged in. Just the odd way my brain works.

Actually, I typically work with these programs pretty often, so it's just the way my brain flows. It sounds like a lot, but I can post 5 or 6 meals in 5 minutes or so, so it's not a big burden. Honestly, if I wasn't trying to build a word doc that I can use later, I'd be doing it by just posting the pic and typing some salient facts under it.

Your answer is much simpler, though! Probably a better way to go...
  • Wanda66
    Wanda66 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My meals don't look like that :(
  • anita1717
    anita1717 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Really super idea and your meals look fantastic. Your doing great and thanks for the ideas.