What do your meals look like? (Let me see pics)

Options

Replies

• capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am in no way trying to be disrespectful or ignorant... but I looked through this entire feed and only saw a couple things I would eat. Am I that picky? Perhaps it's b/c the foods I've been raised on weren't the healthiest and that pattern has lead me to where I am now.... hmmm.. :-/ Disappointing. Thanks for the awesome topic though and all the pics and ideas ~ it was enlightening! :)

I think this is a great case in point...a great comment. Many people have never cooked, do not know what real food (food made at home from scratch) looks like. They have been fast food eaters and never threw meals together.

Many people are 2 generations of no-cooks. It has got to be a lot harder to transition to eating well, cooking at home, being creative with ideas for meals that fit your diet.

I for one forget that not everyone loves cooking or were not taught to make meals.

It is easy to learn though. And cheaper and better for you!

just an observation and not a put down. I think it is a lot easier to control your intake and make more food with less calories & sodium attached if you know how to cook a variety of foods.:smile:
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have seen all of the pics and I am drooling... I will start posting my meals here this weekend. I started taking pics of my meals to journal what I was having. Now I have a place to put them... Thanks
  • someday_soon
    Options
    Bump!
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Tofu piri piri. Grilled tofu steaks in a garlicy/lemon-limey marinade, roasted asparagus, and brown rice.

DSC00224-1.jpg
    I dont even like tofu and that looks amazing!
  • lillianelise
    lillianelise Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    http://healthydoesntmeanboring.blogspot.com/

Yeah, it's a plug... but with the exception of the whole pie and the salad dressing, those are my dinner plates in the pictures. :happy:
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am really enjoying logging on here every day and seeing the new pictures. Y'all are really eating some nice food! When I started this thread, I was just hoping for a few new ideas to shake me out of a rut of the same old, same old and I have definitely gotten lots of those! The response has been way more than I expected.

And it's nice to see that I am not the only one strange enough enough to be photographing my meals! My daughter gives me the "look" every time she hears my cell phone snapping pictures..."again, daddy?" I'm pretty sure that she learned that eye rolling thing from her mama! :smile:

I wish that this community wasn't so spread out around the world because there are so many of you that I would REALLY enjoy throwing a party with! I can't imagine what the food table would look like!

Thanks for participating and I look forward to seeing many more really cool meals!
  • kkellam1
    Options
    367Calories_Page_1.jpg
  • Mandalicious
    Mandalicious Posts: 126
    Options
    wow!!!
  • kkellam1
    Options
    One of these peppers was really supposed to be a leftover for tomorrow. I was pretty hungry, so it didn't survive to see another day.

367Calories_Page_2.jpg
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • sschiano
    sschiano Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The most recent one is tortilla pizzas.

My brother makes these and calls them "tortizzas" lol :laugh:
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yummy bumpness THANKS for all the super ideas... Much needed as my healthy food cooking is limited and getting boring.
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I dont even like tofu and that looks amazing!

Thank you!! It was delicious! (Although I love tofu. :p)
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AshleyGriewe
    Options
    BURP!
  • ayoung0811
    Options
    bump
  • kkellam1
    Options
    196Calories.jpg
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    This is a wonderful thread! I sometimes take pics of my food too when they look really good and healthy. I've never posted pics on here before, but now I think I know how to do it. So I will post something soon. I love how some plates look so colorful and artsy. And the best part, is that some of these plates are overflowing so much - I just don't know how people eat it all!