What do your meals look like? (Let me see pics)

Options

Replies

• hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    cornblackbeansalsa.jpg

Corn and Black Bean Salsa, with Blue Corn Tortilla Chips, and Light Sour Cream

I can't remember the exact calories but here is an estimate:
    1/2 cup Corn and Black Bean Salsa approx 100 calories
    1 oz Blue Corn Tortilla Chips 140 calories
    2 Tbsp. Light Sour Cream 35-45 calories (depending on brand)

Recipe:
    1 can black beans, drained
    1 can whole kernel corn, drained
    1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
    1/2 to 1 (depending on how much of a pansy you are) small can diced jalapeno peppers
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 medium green pepper, chopped
    A few full sprigs of cilantro (or a lot more if you're like me and cilantro makes your heart sing with joy), roughly chopped
    Salt & Pepper to taste

I changed the recipe a bit on mine. Instead of diced tomotoes and jalapeno- I used 1 can of Rotel. I also did not add any onion or green peppers. And I added a little garlic powder as well. But you would not believe how easy this recipe is, and it makes a lot! This would be great to take to a cookout or potluck.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    69fdbf40-1-1.jpg
    Picture2-3.png

My breakfast this morning. It was yummy. And about the same amount of calories that my dinky Special K bars are.
  • xoxokryssie
    Options
    Omg, the tuna salad on the lettuce leaves looks SO AMAZING!
  • MissMegan3119
    Options
    This stuff looks AMAZING. Bumping for later looking. :)
  • xoxokryssie
    Options
    651mvp.jpg

2zi3hht.jpg

1 Spinach and Feta chicken sausage link (comes in a pack. you can cook more than one at once, but I'm just doing this recipe per serving).
    Chopped up Vidalia onion
    Chopped up baby bella mushrooms
    1 steak bun or hoagie bun
    Mozzarella Cheese

put sausage link in pan with a little olive oil to coat the pan and fry until browned, or until desired. In another pan, sauté Vidalia onions and mushrooms. I just put measurements above because the recipe thing makes me, but as much as YOU want to top on our sausage is good. This is just about as much as I used personally. Once both are done, put sausage in bun, top with sauteed onions and mushrooms, top with mozzarella cheese! I added about a tbsp of Ragu marinara sauce(about 20 extra cals) to the top of mine and it was great! Serve with a side of veggies!

Of course you can substitute the bun for a wheat bun, but at my store i couldn't find the big ones that would fit the sausages so i had to get these.
  • baisleac
    Options
    Last night's dinner. Creamy Lemon Chicken w/cous cous

589f948e.jpg

Per serving (approx. 230g - chicken & cous cous)
    Calories - 447.3
    Carbohydrates - 45.3g
    Sugars - 5.7g
    Fiber - 3.2g
    Fat - 8.4g
    Saturated Fat - 2g
    Cholesterol - 300.5mg
    Protein - 44.4g
    Sodium - 296.5mg

http://healthydoesntmeanboring.blogspot.com/2011/06/creamy-lemon-chicken.html
  • faithbelievejoy
    faithbelievejoy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am really loving this !!!
    It is making me feel creative in the kitchen.
    :)
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    I see several people are eating cous cous & quinoa. I have never had either one of these. Are they kind of like rice? I hear a lot of good things about quinoa nutrition wise, but have never seen it in the store and am kind of scared to try it.

This picture thing can get really addictive. It makes me want to post every meal. I may need to file mine in docs or blogs to keep up with. It is great motivation. Here's what I had for lunch.

tacocorn.jpg

Approx 455 calories for everything on the plate. One flour tortilla with cheese, ground turkey with taco seasoning, and light sour cream. One ear of corn with calorie free spray butter. (I took a couple of bites before I took a picture, so you could see a little of the inside. Otherwise you could only see the wrap.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I see several people are eating cous cous & quinoa. I have never had either one of these. Are they kind of like rice? I hear a lot of good things about quinoa nutrition wise, but have never seen it in the store and am kind of scared to try it

You cook both as rice. I prefer quinoa, it doesn't have a strong taste to fear, I'm not sure how to describe it, though. I find it in regular supermarkets as well as those like Whole foods in the US. You should find it near the rice. Good tasting!
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    I see several people are eating cous cous & quinoa. I have never had either one of these. Are they kind of like rice? I hear a lot of good things about quinoa nutrition wise, but have never seen it in the store and am kind of scared to try it

You cook both as rice. I prefer quinoa, it doesn't have a strong taste to fear, I'm not sure how to describe it, though. I find it in regular supermarkets as well as those like Whole foods in the US. You should find it near the rice. Good tasting!

So does that mean that are better for you than rice? And less calories? Does it have a weird or slimey texture?
  • baisleac
    Options
    Neither cous cous nor quinoa are "slimy". Cous cous is anything but... sort of "grit"ish. Quinoa, I usually describe as the caviar of the grain world. :smile: Except I hate caviar and LOVE quinoa. LOL.

Nutritionally (comparable servings):

brown rice (1 part rice to 2 parts water)
    brown-rice-nutrition.jpg

Cous cous (1 part rice to 1 part water)
    NutritionFacts_CousCous.jpg

Quinoa (pronounced Keen-wha) (1 part rice to 2 parts water)
    quinoa-nutrition.jpg
  • FlatCreekChic
    FlatCreekChic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Neither cous cous nor quinoa are "slimy". Cous cous is anything but... sort of "grit"ish. Quinoa, I usually describe as the caviar of the grain world. :smile: Except I hate caviar and LOVE quinoa. LOL.

Nutritionally (comparable servings):

brown rice (1 part rice to 2 parts water)
    brown-rice-nutrition.jpg

Cous cous (1 part rice to 1 part water)
    NutritionFacts_CousCous.jpg

Quinoa (pronounced Keen-wha) (1 part rice to 2 parts water)
    quinoa-nutrition.jpg

Thanks. I may just buy some on my next grocery trip.
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I see several people are eating cous cous & quinoa. I have never had either one of these. Are they kind of like rice? I hear a lot of good things about quinoa nutrition wise, but have never seen it in the store and am kind of scared to try it.

This picture thing can get really addictive. It makes me want to post every meal. I may need to file mine in docs or blogs to keep up with. It is great motivation. Here's what I had for lunch.

Try them. You may like them. And you will only be wasting a couple of bucks and a little time if you don't. You may not like them, but at least you will have explored something new.

I think you are correct about the motivation. I have learned over the last couple of months that it's a better mindset to lose weight by enjoying food. The deny, deny, deny mindset is hard to be in for very long. While I am super restrictive on what I eat (and calorie count), it's important to me to feel like I can still enjoy my food. This way it feels more like just a modification of lifestyle, something that I can sustain for the long run. Heck, I eat better than the rest of my family and I am the only one dieting. And it's working for me. I am 4 months into this effort and as of today am down 75 pounds. :smile:
  • hwilliams519
    Options

Try them. You may like them. And you will only be wasting a couple of bucks and a little time if you don't. You may not like them, but at least you will have explored something new.

I think you are correct about the motivation. I have learned over the last couple of months that it's a better mindset to lose weight by enjoying food. The deny, deny, deny mindset is hard to be in for very long. While I am super restrictive on what I eat (and calorie count), it's important to me to feel like I can still enjoy my food. This way it feels more like just a modification of lifestyle, something that I can sustain for the long run. Heck, I eat better than the rest of my family and I am the only one dieting. And it's working for me. I am 4 months into this effort and as of today am down 75 pounds. :smile:

Way to go on the 75 lbs lost! I think I'm going to take pics of my food everyday. I am a visual person, and I think this will help me a lot.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Been watching this thread for a while and loving it. Finally took a picture of my dinner before eating it!

It's just box dinner mac and cheese with some healthy additions. Not listed in my diary entry is oregano and red pepper flakes for flavor and spice.

9febb8fbf252874407b56fae03281c3e.jpg

The categories listed are calories, carbs, fat, protein, potassium, and sodium
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    everything looks good, saving this for later..... BUMP!
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bellisima6
    bellisima6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ok this thread made me realize that I need to measure my food because I don't think I'm eating enough.