Men...

Options
123457»

Replies

• bluemax87
    bluemax87 Posts: 71
    Options
    True story. I was on another sites forums and reading a post by a man who was complaining about the way men and women view gifts... The story went, he was recently outside on a step-stool using a chainsaw trying to trim the tree and fell over and nearly cut himself to bits. The next day, when he got home, his wife had bought him a Ryobi branch saw (with all the extensions to reach those really high branches) from Home Depot. He was ecstatic about it! Afterwards, in an effort to repay her, he went to Walmart and bought her a very expensive vacuum cleaner that was, apparantly, top-of-the-line; you know the one, with the pet attachment and the stairs attachment and the removeable dirt-duster thing and the 50 extensions that clean EVERYTHING... She looked at it in disgust and told him he just didn't understand her...

After she had cooled down, he made her dinner and asked her what he did that pissed her off so badly. She said that the Vacuum Cleaner was nice, but it just told her where he thought her place was in the family; cleaning house. He said that she had bought him the branch saw and he loved it and he just wanted to buy her a gift that reflected what hers did for him. She said he didn't get it, but making her dinner was a good start down the RIGHT road...

After his story, he said that he thought he understood where she was coming from, after the fact. Women are emotional creatures and live off that emotion where men thrive off reasoning. Where he thought the saw was an excellent gift and didn't view it as telling him where his place was, he didn't consider how to appeal to HER wants/needs. Although tools are great gifts for guys, anything that has anything to do with "womanly" chores tends to be a 'No Bueno!' for women...

Thought I'd share
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    True story. I was on another sites forums and reading a post by a man who was complaining about the way men and women view gifts... The story went, he was recently outside on a step-stool using a chainsaw trying to trim the tree and fell over and nearly cut himself to bits. The next day, when he got home, his wife had bought him a Ryobi branch saw (with all the extensions to reach those really high branches) from Home Depot. He was ecstatic about it! Afterwards, in an effort to repay her, he went to Walmart and bought her a very expensive vacuum cleaner that was, apparantly, top-of-the-line; you know the one, with the pet attachment and the stairs attachment and the removeable dirt-duster thing and the 50 extensions that clean EVERYTHING... She looked at it in disgust and told him he just didn't understand her...

After she had cooled down, he made her dinner and asked her what he did that pissed her off so badly. She said that the Vacuum Cleaner was nice, but it just told her where he thought her place was in the family; cleaning house. He said that she had bought him the branch saw and he loved it and he just wanted to buy her a gift that reflected what hers did for him. She said he didn't get it, but making her dinner was a good start down the RIGHT road...

After his story, he said that he thought he understood where she was coming from, after the fact. Women are emotional creatures and live off that emotion where men thrive off reasoning. Where he thought the saw was an excellent gift and didn't view it as telling him where his place was, he didn't consider how to appeal to HER wants/needs. Although tools are great gifts for guys, anything that has anything to do with "womanly" chores tends to be a 'No Bueno!' for women...

Thought I'd share

for SOME women. I would LOVE a new vacuum, or steam cleaner or anything that helps me clean. I clean all the time. I love doing it, and in turn love tools to help with it.
  • starrynightskys
    starrynightskys Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think little suprises are nice, to show you care, but they don't have to be about spending money. A cup of tea in bed is nice for example. However, my boyfriend did send me flowers and a balloon and chocolates for our 4 year anniversity. It was really sweet, and a complete suprise, as he hadnt even mentioned our anniversity.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    my husband used to buy flowers now and then, which was sweet but tbh although i loved the gesture i never really noticed them after the initial 'awwwww' moment!

the best thing my husband does for me...he takes the kids so i can get workouts done..means more to me that he supports my goals, than a bunch of flowers that just sit unnoticed until they die
  • 963Nitro
    963Nitro Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Dear all men,

You can be right, or you can be happy. Pick one.

Sincerely,

The women.

so true.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You guys scare me, lol. Men are the reason there are lesbians, I swear. (Very smart of you, I must say. Who knew you had it in you?)

Funny you say that...I've been thinking about going that route! This whole man thing isn't working out for me very well lately.:devil: